Time for Ralph Wilson to prove it, not talk it. and say NO to Marv!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Time for Ralph Wilson to prove it, not talk it. and say NO to Marv!

I agree he didnt' know how much each coach makes. I disagree that he didn't know it was on the cheap. You can't tell me the man didn't know the numbers alocated to the coaching budget. Sorry, no.

That said, The man has now painted himself into a corner. He says money is not an issue in getting a quality HC in here. Prove it. No more talk, speculation, etc....prove it.

Ralph will have to pay no less than 3 mill per for a good HC. We will see in the next week or so if he is being truthful or full of crap. And Again if I am wrong about ol' boy I am more than happy to say I am wrong. It benefits the Bills and their fans if I am wrong. If I am right, we are as screwed as we were just a couple weeks ago.

On another note, just say NO to Marv Levy coaching. Lets can that crap right now. Too old, out of it too long. Time to quit looking to the past and look to the now and the future. Too many qualified guys out there that can do a hell of a job. Mike Sherman and Al Saunders are the top two on my list. Sherman is a proven WINNER in this league and Saunders more than deserves a chance.

Marv says it doesn't matter if the guy is tough or a Tony Dungy type as long as he can work with all the people in the org, and teach his players. Ralph says he wants a guy involved but not too involved with his assistants. I agree...IF we PAY for quality assistants.

Look this org doesn't look that good to the rest of the world regardless of how marv trys to paint it. We need to step up, sign a damn good HC and damn good assistants to show the world (esp FA's and potential draft picks) that we are committed to getting back on the winning ways.
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Re: Time for Ralph Wilson to prove it, not talk it. and say NO to Marv!

Do you ever have a clue?
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• hydro014
      • May 2004

No sherman, i watch every packers game out here in iowa. his play calling sucks and half the time his team is unprepared for who they play. All my friends are die hard packer fans and all agree that the only reason they went to the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years is b/c of Farve, they also point out that over the last few years Chi, Min, and Det have all really sucked. They all agreed that the only way that they would have wanted sherman to return this year was if it guaranted Farves return. Please no Sherman, if you thought that MM play calling was bad you should have seen Sherman's, it was very similar. So i say any one with HC experience except Sherman.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I believe I heard Ralph say categorically that Marv would not be the coach, using the word "No," when asked specifically at the press conference if Marv would be returning to the sidelines. Why make an issue of a non-issue?
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
          Do you ever have a clue?
          Yeah all the time and know more about football than most here. It would be nice if people took off the homeristic glasses and see the team for what it is.

time for ralph to shut up and put up.

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            I believe I heard Ralph say categorically that Marv would not be the coach, using the word "No," when asked specifically at the press conference if Marv would be returning to the sidelines. Why make an issue of a non-issue?
            Agree 100%. The exact quote was "absolutely not."

Jon

Comment

• Gunzlingr
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              Yeah all the time and know more about football than most here. It would be nice if people took off the homeristic glasses and see the team for what it is.

You should post like it once in awhile. It would be a refreshing change for us all!
              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Is your real name Jerry Sullivan by any chance?

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

You should post like it once in awhile. It would be a refreshing change for us all!
                  Actually I do. I cant help it some of you aren't up to speed.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                    Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                    • Mar 2004

Jan said it best, you're making an issue out of a non-issue. Of course it COULD happen. Does it require numerous threads about it? What more do you want Ralph to do to prove he's serious about not hiring Marv as head coach? All you have is his word and that is all Ralph can do is give his word. To worry about the issue is really moot.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                    "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AndreReed83
                      Jan said it best, you're making an issue out of a non-issue. Of course it COULD happen. Does it require numerous threads about it? What more do you want Ralph to do to prove he's serious about not hiring Marv as head coach? All you have is his word and that is all Ralph can do is give his word. To worry about the issue is really moot.
                      Thank you!

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

First off I am not any one on here's 'Jr'. Secondly have the sac to say who you are when hitting me with a negative. Or is that the MO to neg someone and be a coward about it.

And If you feel the need to ban me because I do know more than most around here, Do what you feel you need to do. I am here to talk bills, not kiss arse.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                          • Dec 2005

First off I am not any one on here's 'Jr'. Secondly have the sac to say who you are when hitting me with a negative. Or is that the MO to neg someone and be a coward about it.

And If you feel the need to ban me because I do know more than most around here, Do what you feel you need to do. I am here to talk bills, not kiss arse.

No sense in getting riled up. Like some posters have said all we can do is take Mr. Wilson word for it. I highly doubt MArv will come back to the sidelines.

Yes ICE i do agree with you about the situation. If Mr Wilson says that money is not the issue then prove it. Enough of these NEWBIE head coaches. I want someone that has proven they can win in the NFL. Enough of taking taking chances on unproven HC. We missed our oppurtunity at JOhn Fox, Marvin Lewis, Charlie Weiss, Romeo Cronnell so we have to live with it.

Point is if ralph is serious about getting a title here in buffalo he does need to prove it. Find a coach who has proven he can win and then sign the appropriate assistants to back him up.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tat2dmike77

Yes ICE i do agree with you about the situation. If Mr Wilson says that money is not the issue then prove it. Enough of these NEWBIE head coaches. I want someone that has proven they can win in the NFL. Enough of taking taking chances on unproven HC. We missed our oppurtunity at JOhn Fox, Marvin Lewis, Charlie Weiss, Romeo Cronnell so we have to live with it.
                            How much head coaching experience did those guys have???

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

How much head coaching experience did those guys have???
                              Precisely. People want the next up and coming top HC who has HC experience. Got news for ya, there's no such thing. You either get a retread who's been fired, a dust collector who comes out of retirement, or an assistant coach with no previous HC experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X