GEWAWO!!
hire him
I'm with you on this one.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 12:56 PM
I'd take him over Haslett.

Jan Reimers
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
I like Sherman, too, and I think he may have a real positive influence on JP's development. He also sounds like a Levy kind of guy, judging by the times I've heard him speak.

Voltron
01-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I think he would be the best guy for the Job. Some one is going to Grab him soon so we need to get on this!

Iehoshua
01-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Good points, Meatie!

BillsFever21
01-13-2006, 01:13 PM
It would be nice but it won't happen unless Ralph was is serious about trying to turn this around.

He is the best candidate for us but I can see us end up with another nameless first time coach who will be paid the lowest in the league and will be fired in three years after three more bad seasons.

Our last 3 coaches have all been the same. One of the lowest paid in the league. It's no coincidence. If this happens again you midas well pull the plug on this organization being good as long as Wilson is in charge.

We got lucky with Marv but that's it. And even Marv wasn't great. He was good but not great. A great coach would've gotten us a SB victory. All of them HOF's but only embarrassments of getting blown out in the SB to show for it.

Go out and do what it takes, Ralph. If you go on the cheap again it shows you were full of mularkey at the news conference.

We get the cheapest HC and the cheapest coordinators. If the HC are the cheapest in the league then the rest of the coaches certaintly follow suit.

casdhf
01-13-2006, 01:15 PM
did sherman have anyone at QB other than Brett Favre?

Voltron
01-13-2006, 01:16 PM
did sherman have anyone at QB other than Brett Favre?
Doug Peterson :idunno:

kgun12
01-13-2006, 01:16 PM
HC: Mike Sherman

OC: Norv Turner

DC: Dom Capers

Now that's a coaching staff!!!

Gunzlingr
01-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Bring back Wade!

kgun12
01-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Bring back Wade!

NO!:penalty: :cry: :rage: :crap:

hydro014
01-13-2006, 01:24 PM
No sherman, i watch every packers game. his play calling sucks and half the time his team is unprepared for who they play. All my friends are die hard packer fans and all agree that the only reason they went to the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years is b/c of Farve, they also point out that over the last few years Chi, Min, and Det have all really sucked. Also when they went to the playoffs they had the first loss at home in a long time, and it was to Michael vick and the falcons who we all know cant play in the cold. Most packer fans agree that the only way that they would have wanted sherman to return this year was if it guaranted Farves return. Please no Sherman, if you thought that MM play calling was bad you should have seen Sherman's, it was very similar. So i say any one with HC experience except Sherman.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

casdhf
01-13-2006, 01:30 PM
anyone could win with Brett Favre in his prime. what other guys has he ever worked with?

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Great coaching pedigree

Experience

Winning Record

Available

Wanted Badly to Draft JP

Offensive Guru

What does it spell?

GEWAWO!!

hire him

I am down with that

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2006, 01:57 PM
anyone could win with Brett Favre in his prime. what other guys has he ever worked with?

Javon Walker
Donald Driver
Ahman Green (he didn't always suck)
Mike Wahle
Marco Rivera
Chad Clifton
Gilbert Brown
Matt Hasselbeck
Frank Winters

The OL under Sherman has always been one of the best, until this season they lost both starting guards to FA. How else did you think Favre held that most consecutive starting streak? Good protection!

DBrown77
01-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Best thread of the month!

Meathead
01-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I am down with that
is that down as in :up: or down as in :cry:?

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm torn between haslett and sherman. I would be happy with either at this point in time.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 05:21 PM
in Tulsa we have an 80+ packerbackers club. I talked to the pres today while doing some stuff. He says the majority are pissed sherman got canned.

Look the man is a WINNER. He is by far my #1 pick. Saunders then haslett are behind him

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 05:24 PM
in Tulsa we have an 80+ packerbackers club. I talked to the pres today while doing some stuff. He says the majority are pissed sherman got canned.

Look the man is a WINNER. He is by far my #1 pick. Saunders then haslett are behind him

:fab:

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Well damn Tatmike it isn't rocket science(not a shot at you) Mike Sherman is sitting right there. He is the guy that wanted JP so bad we moved back into the 1st round to keep Green Bay from getting him! The man is a WINNER. Just call the SOB up, see if you can reach a deal on money and how much power he will have and hire the Man!

Michael82
01-13-2006, 05:41 PM

That makes me feel better. The Saints fans are thrilled to get rid of Haslett. They hated his undisciplined teams.

Bmax
01-13-2006, 05:46 PM
NO......it will be Haslett who is interested...and according to wgrz-tv his agent was called by wilson...Haslett also has a interview with the Lions(the 2nd one on monday)...I bet he still sits with the bills first and weighs his options.. His wife is from Williamsville..... So who knows... I still say he is our guy.. IF NOT HIM WHAT
about Jim Fassel who will interview with the Rams soon.

Bmax...

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Well damn Tatmike it isn't rocket science(not a shot at you) Mike Sherman is sitting right there. He is the guy that wanted JP so bad we moved back into the 1st round to keep Green Bay from getting him! The man is a WINNER. Just call the SOB up, see if you can reach a deal on money and how much power he will have and hire the Man!

I know it's not a shot at me :afro:. There just seems to be alot of hire saunders here for some reason. I really don't understand it. I wonder am in the miority. Am i the only one sick of seeing NEWBIE head coaches come to buffalo. Only to fall off faster then a prom dress on a $lut. I mean i want a proven winner weather it be sherman, hasslett hell even fosell. Yes i said fosell. Point is the time to win is now and we don't need anthor NEWBIE up here.

ublinkwescore
01-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Great coaching pedigree
Experience
Winning Record
Available
Wanted Badly to Draft JP
Offensive Guru
What does it spell?
GEWAWO!!
hire him

Email this to Marv immediately.

hydro014
01-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Here is what the Packer fans thought of Sherman. 40% wanted him gone, 31% wanted him to stay. I really would worry about getting a coach that has only 31% of of 71000 fans supporting him.

http://www.packers.com/fans/polls/index.phtml?year=2006&id=20060102140559

hydro014
01-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Here is Hasletts approval ratings.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=15

Here is Shermans Approval ratings:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=26

Mike Mularkeys:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=43

I am not really a haslett fan but he was the only other candidate that coached last year. I figured you would like to see MM's also.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 06:17 PM
I know it's not a shot at me :afro:. There just seems to be alot of hire saunders here for some reason. I really don't understand it. I wonder am in the miority. Am i the only one sick of seeing NEWBIE head coaches come to buffalo. Only to fall off faster then a prom dress on a $lut. I mean i want a proven winner weather it be sherman, hasslett hell even fosell. Yes i said fosell. Point is the time to win is now and we don't need anthor NEWBIE up here.

Mike, Saunders was the chargers HC for awhile. He has HC exp. Granted it was back when their GM was a moron and trading all of their 1st round picks away (gee that doesn't sound familliar) and Spanos was being cheap as hell. But he has HC exp

Patti120
01-13-2006, 07:04 PM
My list;

OC - Rob Johnson

QB's coach - Ryan Leaf

Running Backs - OJ

OLine - Peters, obviously (As player and coach)

WR's - Peerless Price

D Line - Chidi Ahanotu (spelling?)

Linebackers - Brian Bosworth

Defensive backs - Deion - (just because)

Defensive coordinator - Mike Mularkey (just because)

Strength and conditioning - Mark Kelso (b/c of the helmet)

Head Coach - Ralph (or his daughters)

These are all debatable of course

STAMPY
01-13-2006, 07:13 PM
haslet did win coach of the year a few years back

ublinkwescore
01-13-2006, 07:23 PM
If not Sherman, then promote April.

dolphinssuck
01-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Id like Mike Sherman as HC he would give JP the playing time he deserves has the ring and personally the best candidate for the job IMO.

ublinkwescore
01-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Haslett has a ring?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Isn't this the coach that decided to take a nap at the scouting combine last yr. :lmao: I remember somebody posting a picture of it here. I don't want him

SABURZFAN
01-14-2006, 02:22 AM
i agree with the Meathead. :up:

njsue
01-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Brett Farve made him look better than he is in my opinion.

vicmantak
01-14-2006, 03:31 AM
It seems that Mike McCarthy also made him look better too!

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/01/13/2/
http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/mccarthy_mike/