• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Maybe Modrak isn't good enough to be a GM

Modrak is a great guy to have in our front office next to Donahoe, but maybe he isn't good enough for a GM position?

He's had quite a bit of interviews the past couple years, yet he still hasn't gotten a job. If he was so great like most of us think then he'd be a GM by now.

I'm glad nobody has wanted him. Tom & Tom are a great 1-2 punch. It's great to have them.

Two weeks of interviews and one surprising rejection later, the Jacksonville Jaguars have settled on their new No. 1 football man in the front office, as ESPN.com has learned the team has reached an agreement with Baltimore Ravens pro personnel director James Harris.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
  • Wys Guy
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

I don't know what he does, but sounds good to me. It's Ralph's money, he can spend it the way he wants to. When I heard that TD was thinking about bringing LeBeau on as an assistent GM just so that he wouldn't be w/o a job I started wondering if we're not running a welfare program here for friends of TD and ex-Titan and ex-Steeler players who earned spots in TD's and GW's hearts.

Partially kidding, but I do have to wonder at some of the stuff I'm reading combined w/ some of the "talent" brought in as players from Tennessee and Pittsburgh.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Jul 2002

I don't have a problem with who TD has brought in. Most of them were camp fodder or for backups. They haven't given these ex-players any special treatment. They have to earn their spot the same as the other person.

A lot of teams bring in older players they're familar with. Eddie Robinson is the only player I can think of that shouldn't have been in there.

Comment

• Wys Guy
        • Jul 2002

I suppose you're right in that they didn't cost us anything. But guys like Charles Johnson, Huntley, and Robinson really didn't add anything. In fact, I think we could have done better than Johnson too, easily. There's a consensus on Robinson, so no need to bring him up.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Jul 2002

The didn't add to the team but they didn't kill it either. Johnson is just fine as a #4 WR. He added experience and leadership.

TD gave Huntley a chance cause he had past success. He didn't make it through camp because of his big mouth. If it wasn't for his attitude he might've made it.

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

Right. But I'd like to see us quit toying w/ ex-Titans/Steelers and start going for some impact players, even at the backup positions. We could still have done better for cheap than those two. No big deal tho.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I don't think anyone outside OBD really knows exactly what TM does or how he contributes. We might be fine without him.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                I'd like to see us quit toying w/ ex-Titans/Steelers and start going for some impact players
                that may happen this year.you got to remember that we were $40 million+ over the cap the last 2 years.TD and Gee Dubya probably went with the personnel that were familiar to them because of the situation they were in.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Maybe Modrak is cursed just like Ted Cotrell.

Buffalo has done a great job in the last couple years in the draft and I can't help but to think Modrak was a big factor in that.

Comment

• BillsFanStuckInWisc
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                    I don't think anyone outside OBD really knows exactly what TM does or how he contributes. We might be fine without him.
                    Don't we all know someone like that in our own work places? I know quite a few, we all see them walking around with papers in their hands but NO ONE knows exactly what they do....

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

I know plenty of people like that in my company. We have vice-presidents for everything it seems.
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                        • Oct 2002

I wouldn't say they have done a great job in the draft. They have gotten some good picks after the 1st round, like Henry and Josh Reed, but the jury is still out on most of them.

I am also not that impressed with FA pickups like Johnson, Huntley, Jenkins, Robinson etc.

Marcus Jones could be a good pickup though.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Last year I thought the knock on TM was his health, but this year that makes less sense...

I know he has mentioned that he would only leave the Bills' for a GM job if it was the 'perfect' situation for him.. Sounds like he's really happy in the job he's in right now, so maybe that has something to do with it. Other than the GM title, it seems pretty nice to me - he works mostly out of his home in the Philly area - gotta be less stressful than a GM position...

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Lets not forget that TM pretty much built the Eagles team that lost to the Bucs. I believe even D. Mcnab. He and the owner just didn't mess personality wise. TM is a GREAT judge of talent! I think like it was said earlier, it has to be a perfect fit for him to leave the Bills. He is working with his best friend, he didn't have to uproot his family, the Bills will be players in FA, and have a chance at the playoffs and beyound, TD takes the rap on a bad decision so there is less preasure on TM. So to leave the Bills would have to be the PERFECT job, as of now TM hasn't found it, Good news for us!
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• Bert102176
                              • Aug 2002

well I hope all the other teams in the League think that cause we all know the trueth, but lets keep that our little secret.
                              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                              X