PDA

View Full Version : It’s happening already!

Patrick76777
01-13-2006, 12:48 PM
People here are starting to pick their favorites for coach! Then they’ll start debating with others who have a different choice. Then that debating will turn into arguing. Then the posters will start disliking the other supported candidates because they’re so heavily invested in their own candidate. Then when the choice is made, the poster’s who’s candidate’s didn’t get the job will immediately resent the decision and although they’ll say they always root for the Bills will always harbor hard feelings toward the new coach and will start the doom and gloom about the next 3 years. Simply because they have uncontrollable drive to be right all the time.

OpIv37
01-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah, you're right. If someone believes that a candidate is a bad coach but the organization picks them anyway, they should immediately defer to the almighty Ralph Wilson and change their opinion. After all, they've made so many good coaching decisions since Levy retired.....

/sarcasm

If someone thinks the org made a bad choice, they have every right to call them out on it. But if they're wrong and the org's choice turned out to be good, they have to be ready for the return fire.

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2006, 12:56 PM
People here are starting to pick their favorites for coach! Then they’ll start debating with others who have a different choice. Then that debating will turn into arguing. Then the posters will start disliking the other supported candidates because they’re so heavily invested in their own candidate. Then when the choice is made, the poster’s who’s candidate’s didn’t get the job will immediately resent the decision and although they’ll say they always root for the Bills will always harbor hard feelings toward the new coach and will start the doom and gloom about the next 3 years. Simply because they have uncontrollable drive to be right all the time.
I disagree with you, and if it turns out there are fights among us I'll be wrong and I'll resent you for posting this and proving me wrong. Although I'll always be a zoner I will harbor hard feelings toward you.

Patrick76777
01-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah, you're right. If someone believes that a candidate is a bad coach but the organization picks them anyway, they should immediately defer to the almighty Ralph Wilson and change their opinion. After all, they've made so many good coaching decisions since Levy retired.....

/sarcasm

If someone thinks the org made a bad choice, they have every right to call them out on it. But if they're wrong and the org's choice turned out to be good, they have to be ready for the return fire.

And that’s fine. But it’s completely unrelated to what I said!

My point in this thread is that discussions on this board often get personal too fast. And in instances like this, there are posters who feel as though their pride is hurt when they campaign for a guy for weeks and their guy doesn’t get the job. In those cases, many posters will have resentment for the hired coach simply because it’s not their guy. In the same vein there are other posters who will focus on one guy. To this poster, any other choice will be a mistake. IMO, it’s foolhardy to think that only one person is the right fit for the job.

You’re contention is that it’s OK to be mad if you feel as though a bad coach was hired. And this is something I agree with 100%. As long as the hatred doesn’t stem from the criteria mentioned above.

BAM
01-13-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm going to support our new Head Coach, no matter who they decide on.

Unless it's Mike Martz of course. :down:

Meathead
01-13-2006, 01:28 PM
im not being unreasonable im just saying if they dont hire who i want ill never go to another bills game or buy merchandise for the rest of my life

OpIv37
01-13-2006, 01:42 PM
In those cases, many posters will have resentment for the hired coach simply because it’s not their guy. In the same vein there are other posters who will focus on one guy. To this poster, any other choice will be a mistake. IMO, it’s foolhardy to think that only one person is the right fit for the job.

yeah I hear what you're saying. I don't want Mike Martz, but if he's the choice I won't be pissed at the people who wanted him here and I'll still root for him because, like it or not, he's our coach. I'd rather see the Bills do well than be right about my preferred coach.

OT: did you get my death pool picks?

RedEyE
01-13-2006, 01:53 PM
That's what fans do. They oscillate opinion, and disperse air, all the while moving in a cyclical motion around fact.

Patrick76777
01-13-2006, 01:56 PM
yeah I hear what you're saying. I don't want Mike Martz, but if he's the choice I won't be pissed at the people who wanted him here and I'll still root for him because, like it or not, he's our coach. I'd rather see the Bills do well than be right about my preferred coach.

OT: did you get my death pool picks?

Got em!

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm going to support our new Head Coach, no matter who they decide on.

Unless it's Mike Martz of course. :down:
:hi5:

I would even support Martz

Iehoshua
01-13-2006, 02:01 PM
It's a message board, what do you expect, everyone to hold hands and sing "Where is the Love" in unison?

Patrick76777
01-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Got em!

I didn't ask for that! I'm telling people that they should guard against letting their emotions cloud their judgment.

I specifically said that as long as the displeasure was for good reason, it’s all cool.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2006, 02:31 PM
What Pat is saying is that, just like always, there is going to be different gangs of people. One liking Sherman, One liking Saunders, One liking Cottrell, and so on. The Camps will get behind their guy and if he is not hired will resent the person who is and constantly bash him. It happens over and over....

LtBillsFan66
01-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Pat in spot on with message board melodrama.

BAM
01-13-2006, 02:48 PM

I would even support Martz

Well I suppose I would get over it eventually.

Gunzlingr
01-13-2006, 02:52 PM
I will support whomever becomes our coach.

Iehoshua
01-13-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm in the No-Haslett camp currently. If he is hired, I will support him but be quick to say 'I-told-you-so' if he fails and probably be one of the first on the "Fire Haslett" train.

Just being honest.

Is this wrong?

:idunno:

SquishDaFish
01-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Pat just wanted to make another dumb thread. Its what we call on the internet a MESSEGE BOARD. Not to mention a SPORTS MESSEGE BOARD. What do you expect everyone to be on the same page and agree with every move? Its not going to happen on any planet at anytime. If your going to be a fan of this team we have to support whomever they pick period. We will all debate our favorites until that point like any fans would.

ublinkwescore
01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
I wanted Crennell and Weiss when we had a chance :brace:

SquishDaFish
01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
No way is it wrong Darth. Im currently on the anyone but Gregg Williams or Fat Phillips train LOL. Am I wrong??? HaHaHaHa

Iehoshua
01-13-2006, 03:12 PM
No way is it wrong Darth. Im currently on the anyone but Gregg Williams or Fat Phillips train LOL. Am I wrong??? HaHaHaHa

I'm with you there, too!

:scooter:

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 03:36 PM
I understand what people are saying in here and i understand that most of will have diffrent opinions on who should be the next coach. Which is fine thats what makes these message boards so fun to be honest we can all share our diffreneces with one and other. But we should just get into heated discussions not fight over this. Come guys were bills fans not those sorry @ss fish fans.

So i as a bills fan would be willing to support just about any coach that is brought in. Except for the following i just don't get a good feeling about these people.

Mike Martz. Sure the guy has put some points in St Louis but his defense has suffered and ever since faulk has moved past his prime and warner left the rams have not made that much noise in thier division let alone conference.

Mike Tice. Do i really need to explain this? Well i will anyway. The guy lost control of his team. I mean from the start of the season with the whole moss thing then the scalping tickets and boat party it's been a mess in the land of a thousand lakes. Besides do we really wann hear about a maid of the mist scandal? I think not.

Gregg Williams. Sure the guy has a great defensive mind i'll give ol gregie that. But he has no offensive mind set. I mean we all remember the offensive genius he had here and i really don't wanna live through that again.

Last but not least NEWBIES. I don't want to see anthor NEWBIE head coach again here in buffalo. We have done this for 5 years and it has gotten the team no where fast. Besides is there any body really out there worth taking anthor chance on that could a NEWBIE head coach IMO no way.

Were bills fans guys lets debate like we should. But in the end lets stand behind our team. I'm sure when marv was first hired there were alot of people saying WTF about that but look what he did for the team. So in closing i hope that we can all debate with one and other but in the still be united and ready to watch our team destroy the AFC.

Patrick76777
01-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Pat just wanted to make another dumb thread. Its what we call on the internet a MESSEGE BOARD. Not to mention a SPORTS MESSEGE BOARD. What do you expect everyone to be on the same page and agree with every move? Its not going to happen on any planet at anytime. If your going to be a fan of this team we have to support whomever they pick period. We will all debate our favorites until that point like any fans would.

Where did I say that everyone had to agree all the time? I already answered this charge about 10 posts in.

Patrick76777
01-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Guys, I never once said that we should all agree! And I don’t care if you’re fans or not. My point, and Thrum summed it up nice, is that because we’ll get into these heated discussions, there will be sects of fans that will be against the coach from day 1.

The second the new coach is hired someone is going to post a thread talking about another 3 years of misery.

I’m not instructing people on how to behave, I just think It’s an interesting view on how these places work.

And next person who says, “It’s a message board!, what do you expect?” will be dropped kicked.

And please, don’t write that in an attempt to be funny. Once again, I just called your shot rendering the joke useless.

Iehoshua
01-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Pretty much how things work in politics, too.

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 04:09 PM
And next person who says, “It’s a message board!, what do you expect?” will be dropped kicked.

I would prefer a stone cold stunner.

X-Era
01-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Isnt that why pride is one of the seven deadly's? Its a ******ed way of lusting after someone, it turns out its just yourself. A subtle form of vanity.

Its a bad thing for sure.

I completely agree. No matter who comes in here, opinions will differ but some will call it a major league bust period, no matter who it is.

The fact of the matter is, we will never all agree and when we dont, some here will become negtaive nancies because they are convinced we will be in doom and gloom.

Whatever happened to just watching and enjoying football? Rather than trying to be the savior of the franchise from a little known message board.

I dont agree with many here, but who the hell knows whats the right thing to do. We talk about it because it should be fun. However, many so called "fans" make it pretty UN-fun by constantly bashing.

Whatever.

Meathead
01-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I will support whomever becomes our coach.
man boobs?

ublinkwescore
01-13-2006, 06:04 PM
If he became our coach again, I would support him, but he'd better not make boneheaded calls like punting from the opponent's 32.

TigerJ
01-13-2006, 08:15 PM
There's only one right choice. Unfortunately for the rest of you, it's mine.

dolphinssuck
01-13-2006, 08:22 PM
I am just glad we get a fresh start with a new HC and GM no matter whos brought in. It could be no worse than what we had in MM.

ublinkwescore
01-13-2006, 09:37 PM
or Manboobs for that matter.

G. Host
01-13-2006, 10:29 PM
And that’s fine. But it’s completely unrelated to what I said!
My point in this thread is that discussions on this board often get personal too fast. And in instances like this, there are posters who feel as though their pride is hurt when they campaign for a guy for weeks and their guy doesn’t get the job. In those cases, many posters will have resentment for the hired coach simply because it’s not their guy. In the same vein there are other posters who will focus on one guy. To this poster, any other choice will be a mistake. IMO, it’s foolhardy to think that only one person is the right fit for the job.
You’re contention is that it’s OK to be mad if you feel as though a bad coach was hired. And this is something I agree with 100%. As long as the hatred doesn’t stem from the criteria mentioned above.

Patrick is campaigning early for 2006 Brightest Poster Award on BZ!

Mr. Cynical
01-14-2006, 01:14 AM
It's a message board, what do you expect, everyone to hold hands and sing "Where is the Love" in unison?

:roflmao:

:posrep:

SquishDaFish
01-14-2006, 05:20 AM
I would like to see your spongebob arse try to dropkick someone LMAO

TigerJ
01-14-2006, 11:23 AM
In all seriousness, my history is to support the choice of the Bills whoever it is until or unless he proves to be an incompetent boob. And even then I'm pretty slow to jump on the "Dump so and so" bandwagon.

Meathead
01-14-2006, 06:34 PM
It could be no worse than what we had in MM.
jp cant be any worse than bledsoe