X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

It’s happening already!

People here are starting to pick their favorites for coach! Then they’ll start debating with others who have a different choice. Then that debating will turn into arguing. Then the posters will start disliking the other supported candidates because they’re so heavily invested in their own candidate. Then when the choice is made, the poster’s who’s candidate’s didn’t get the job will immediately resent the decision and although they’ll say they always root for the Bills will always harbor hard feelings toward the new coach and will start the doom and gloom about the next 3 years. Simply because they have uncontrollable drive to be right all the time.
    Resign our own guys!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: It’s happening already!

Yeah, you're right. If someone believes that a candidate is a bad coach but the organization picks them anyway, they should immediately defer to the almighty Ralph Wilson and change their opinion. After all, they've made so many good coaching decisions since Levy retired.....

/sarcasm

If someone thinks the org made a bad choice, they have every right to call them out on it. But if they're wrong and the org's choice turned out to be good, they have to be ready for the return fire.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
      People here are starting to pick their favorites for coach! Then they’ll start debating with others who have a different choice. Then that debating will turn into arguing. Then the posters will start disliking the other supported candidates because they’re so heavily invested in their own candidate. Then when the choice is made, the poster’s who’s candidate’s didn’t get the job will immediately resent the decision and although they’ll say they always root for the Bills will always harbor hard feelings toward the new coach and will start the doom and gloom about the next 3 years. Simply because they have uncontrollable drive to be right all the time.
      I disagree with you, and if it turns out there are fights among us I'll be wrong and I'll resent you for posting this and proving me wrong. Although I'll always be a zoner I will harbor hard feelings toward you.

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Yeah, you're right. If someone believes that a candidate is a bad coach but the organization picks them anyway, they should immediately defer to the almighty Ralph Wilson and change their opinion. After all, they've made so many good coaching decisions since Levy retired.....

/sarcasm

If someone thinks the org made a bad choice, they have every right to call them out on it. But if they're wrong and the org's choice turned out to be good, they have to be ready for the return fire.
        And that’s fine. But it’s completely unrelated to what I said!

My point in this thread is that discussions on this board often get personal too fast. And in instances like this, there are posters who feel as though their pride is hurt when they campaign for a guy for weeks and their guy doesn’t get the job. In those cases, many posters will have resentment for the hired coach simply because it’s not their guy. In the same vein there are other posters who will focus on one guy. To this poster, any other choice will be a mistake. IMO, it’s foolhardy to think that only one person is the right fit for the job.

You’re contention is that it’s OK to be mad if you feel as though a bad coach was hired. And this is something I agree with 100%. As long as the hatred doesn’t stem from the criteria mentioned above.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• BAM
          • Sep 2003

I'm going to support our new Head Coach, no matter who they decide on.

Unless it's Mike Martz of course.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

im not being unreasonable im just saying if they dont hire who i want ill never go to another bills game or buy merchandise for the rest of my life
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

In those cases, many posters will have resentment for the hired coach simply because it’s not their guy. In the same vein there are other posters who will focus on one guy. To this poster, any other choice will be a mistake. IMO, it’s foolhardy to think that only one person is the right fit for the job.
              yeah I hear what you're saying. I don't want Mike Martz, but if he's the choice I won't be pissed at the people who wanted him here and I'll still root for him because, like it or not, he's our coach. I'd rather see the Bills do well than be right about my preferred coach.

OT: did you get my death pool picks?
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

That's what fans do. They oscillate opinion, and disperse air, all the while moving in a cyclical motion around fact.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  yeah I hear what you're saying. I don't want Mike Martz, but if he's the choice I won't be pissed at the people who wanted him here and I'll still root for him because, like it or not, he's our coach. I'd rather see the Bills do well than be right about my preferred coach.

OT: did you get my death pool picks?

Got em!
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                    I'm going to support our new Head Coach, no matter who they decide on.

Unless it's Mike Martz of course.

I would even support Martz

Comment

• Iehoshua
                      • Jan 2003

It's a message board, what do you expect, everyone to hold hands and sing "Where is the Love" in unison?

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Got em!

I didn't ask for that! I'm telling people that they should guard against letting their emotions cloud their judgment.

I specifically said that as long as the displeasure was for good reason, it’s all cool.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

What Pat is saying is that, just like always, there is going to be different gangs of people. One liking Sherman, One liking Saunders, One liking Cottrell, and so on. The Camps will get behind their guy and if he is not hired will resent the person who is and constantly bash him. It happens over and over....

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

Pat in spot on with message board melodrama.

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

I would even support Martz
                              Well I suppose I would get over it eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X