PDA

View Full Version : Modrack scares me...

mybills
01-13-2006, 01:15 PM
TD's gone, but was he actually picking in the draft, hmmm, I think that's the assistant's/Modrack's job. Since he's been here, we've needed to fix the OL and he drafted for DL with our 1st pick. We've needed to fix our DL and he used our 1st pick for the OL. It keeps happening, and it drives me crazy. Why is he still here? If you're gonna clean house, be thorough. :club:
Even last year....rd 2, pick 23, overall 55 WR Roscoe Parrish? We didn't need another WR. He doesn't impress me. That's right, I don't like him. A cast on one's arm has nothing to do with how fast everyone said his legs are. He's done nothing where that's concerned. :down: I'll hold off any further comments on Roscoe though, until I see him play another year. :tap:
But getting back to :dizzy: picking, if Modrack stays here, watch him blow the 1st pick again. :cynic:

Gunzlingr
01-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Do you really think that TD's ego would let anyone but him make the picks? I would be willing to bet that he was controlling every aspect of the team.

Voltron
01-13-2006, 01:18 PM
It has been reported in many places that TD was the final say on drafting. Not sure if that meant that He took what Modrack gave him and ran with it or not. Modrak is known throughout the league as a very good talent evaluator.

kgun12
01-13-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't think anything was done at One Bills Drive unless Donahoe said it got done!
Modrak built the Eagles team of couple of years ago. I think he will do a great job for us.

mybills
01-13-2006, 01:37 PM
I guess this year's draft picks will tell all.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't think anything was done at One Bills Drive unless Donahoe said it got done!
Modrak built the Eagles team of couple of years ago. I think he will do a great job for us.
So in other words it was....

Heil Donahoe! :funny:

mybills
01-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Have the Eagles won a S.B. lately?

Philagape
01-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Modrak is basically the chief scout, but it had to be TD who made the final decisions on whom to select

mybills
01-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Modrak is basically the chief scout, but it had to be TD who made the final decisions on whom to select
Had to be TD? That's the question..exactly who did the picking?

Gunzlingr
01-13-2006, 01:53 PM
TD and the Great Gazoo.

Philagape
01-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Had to be TD? That's the question..exactly who did the picking?

How could it not be TD? He was the boss. The question is, how much input did Modrak have? How much did TD rely on him for recommendations?

Voltron
01-13-2006, 03:42 PM
TD and the Great Gazoo.
http://bedrock.deadsquid.com/img/other/people/gazoo/gazoo_words2.jpg

"Tom, your such a dum-dum!"

kdharge
01-13-2006, 03:44 PM
What there to be scared about I would be pissed if he wasnt here. For all of you Levy lovers (that a couple years ago we ran out of town might I add ) would you be able to sleep well knowing that Levy would be in control of the Draft ,Free Agency , etc. If it wasnt for Modrak we would be the laughing stock of the N.F.L . Well most of you guys and gals asked for this total upheaval it will be 2008 before we will see the playoffs . I feel sorry for Takeo Spikes maybe he should have listened to Marvin Lewis he might not see the playoffs in his career now.:yucky:

Bmax
01-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Donahoe was a total control freak.. Everything you have heard from day one from Marv HAS BEEN WORK TOGETHER...We never heard that from Donahoe.. Modrak picked up Corey Simon with the 6th pick...That was a good pick

Bmax

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Have the Eagles won a S.B. lately?

No but atleast they have been to the playoffs.

JJamezz
01-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Modrak wasn't even here half the time - he's always maintained his *residence* in Philly, or wherever it is. TD was GM and President, and had to answer to no one (see 2005 Draft: Buffalo Bills select Roscoe Parrish with their 1st pick (2nd round)), so TD picked who he wanted to pick. I think the question isn't how MUCH influence Modrak, or anyone else had, but how LITTLE...

Incidentally, I took a look at Modrak's drafts in Philly, and posted a thread to which nobody responded... He hit on a few nice players, but there were a lot of players, actually most of his selections from what I remember, that are no longer even in the league.. And I'm not talking a bunch of 7th rounders. So I agree, he's a little frightening. The great thing about having Marv around is that he knows how to lead and be successful, so without an ego, he'll take everybody's opinions into account and make a decision.

vicmantak
01-14-2006, 03:23 AM
Come on!
Does it make sense that the top personnel man could do a great job from Florida?

Historian
01-14-2006, 07:35 AM
It's an interesting thought mb, and your post has inspired me to write an article about it.

Thanks!

:up:

Philagape
01-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Come on!
Does it make sense that the top personnel man could do a great job from Florida?

I know! If only there were some kind of vast electronic network, or if someone would invent some kind of mobile communication device, that would instantly transmit information across the country ..... then it would be feasible!

!Papacrunk!
01-14-2006, 09:11 AM
It has been reported in many places that TD was the final say on drafting. Not sure if that meant that He took what Modrack gave him and ran with it or not. Modrak is known throughout the league as a very good talent evaluator.
Isn't Modrack a judge and also a mindtaker?
:scooter:

John Doe
01-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Come on!

It actually does make sense. If his job is to scout college talent, then there is no better place than Florida.