• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Modrack scares me...

TD's gone, but was he actually picking in the draft, hmmm, I think that's the assistant's/Modrack's job. Since he's been here, we've needed to fix the OL and he drafted for DL with our 1st pick. We've needed to fix our DL and he used our 1st pick for the OL. It keeps happening, and it drives me crazy. Why is he still here? If you're gonna clean house, be thorough.
    Even last year....rd 2, pick 23, overall 55 WR Roscoe Parrish? We didn't need another WR. He doesn't impress me. That's right, I don't like him. A cast on one's arm has nothing to do with how fast everyone said his legs are. He's done nothing where that's concerned. I'll hold off any further comments on Roscoe though, until I see him play another year.
    But getting back to picking, if Modrack stays here, watch him blow the 1st pick again.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Re: Modrack scares me...

Do you really think that TD's ego would let anyone but him make the picks? I would be willing to bet that he was controlling every aspect of the team.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Voltron
      • Jul 2002

It has been reported in many places that TD was the final say on drafting. Not sure if that meant that He took what Modrack gave him and ran with it or not. Modrak is known throughout the league as a very good talent evaluator.
      Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
      - Mark Twain

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

I don't think anything was done at One Bills Drive unless Donahoe said it got done!
        Modrak built the Eagles team of couple of years ago. I think he will do a great job for us.
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

I guess this year's draft picks will tell all.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
            I don't think anything was done at One Bills Drive unless Donahoe said it got done!
            Modrak built the Eagles team of couple of years ago. I think he will do a great job for us.
            So in other words it was....

Heil Donahoe!

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Have the Eagles won a S.B. lately?

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Modrak is basically the chief scout, but it had to be TD who made the final decisions on whom to select
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                  Modrak is basically the chief scout, but it had to be TD who made the final decisions on whom to select
                  Had to be TD? That's the question..exactly who did the picking?

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                    • Jul 2002

TD and the Great Gazoo.
                    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                      Had to be TD? That's the question..exactly who did the picking?
                      How could it not be TD? He was the boss. The question is, how much input did Modrak have? How much did TD rely on him for recommendations?
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Voltron
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                        TD and the Great Gazoo.

"Tom, your such a dum-dum!"
                        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• kdharge
                          • May 2003

What there to be scared about I would be pissed if he wasnt here. For all of you Levy lovers (that a couple years ago we ran out of town might I add ) would you be able to sleep well knowing that Levy would be in control of the Draft ,Free Agency , etc. If it wasnt for Modrak we would be the laughing stock of the N.F.L . Well most of you guys and gals asked for this total upheaval it will be 2008 before we will see the playoffs . I feel sorry for Takeo Spikes maybe he should have listened to Marvin Lewis he might not see the playoffs in his career now.
                          A Nasty Brew is being developed in Buffalo can't wait for the rest of the N.F.L. to Taste.....Bring the Pain

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

Donahoe was a total control freak.. Everything you have heard from day one from Marv HAS BEEN WORK TOGETHER...We never heard that from Donahoe.. Modrak picked up Corey Simon with the 6th pick...That was a good pick

Bmax

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                              Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                              Have the Eagles won a S.B. lately?
                              No but atleast they have been to the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X