PDA

View Full Version : HIRE BOBBY APRIL!!

gladiator26
01-13-2006, 01:31 PM
In my opinion, the way that Ralph and Marv want to run this organization as a team with Marv overlooking things, I think they should hire Bobby April. Now I know it seems crazy, but let me point out 3 coaches that started their careers as special teams coaches. 1. Marv Levy
2. Bill Cowher
3. Marty Schottenheimer
The way that the NFL is structured these days, there is not a whole lot of difference between talent, but what you need is a motivater whom can get the players to perform. And obviously Bobby April can do that. Plus the team loves him. So this becomes the official hire Bobby April thread!!! You can not argue his record on special teams the last 2 years...

mybills
01-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Who do you suggest replaces Bobby April? :shakeno:

Jeff1220
01-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to this, but it wouldn't be my first choice either.

gladiator26
01-13-2006, 01:43 PM
It would not matter because he could take an active role in it just like Levy took an active role over Dehaven. Dehaven went down the toilet when Levy left. He was regarded as one of the best until Levy left.

gladiator26
01-13-2006, 01:45 PM
who is first choice Jeff? Because I still like Sherman. Only 1 bad year and he could build up losman and he runs the ball. Him or April and I'm happy

pintonick96
01-13-2006, 02:30 PM
The players love him, and he wouldn't be biased towards O or D. I kinda like it.

ublinkwescore
01-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I'm for Sherman or April - Sherman first now, and let's PLEASE BRING BACK COTTRELL.

JJamezz
01-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I agree, I'd love to see this happen. Assuming April would want the position, and there's no reason to think he wouldn't - there are many reasons why it makes sense.

The number of HC vacancies this year coupled with the way the Bills probably appear right now to the rest of the NFL and any coaching candidates (in complete disarray), doesn't bode well for getting our 'choice' HC in here, whoever that may be.

Regardless of what Ralph likes to think, he has historically not broken the bank with high profile coaches, and obviously April wouldn't command that kind of salary.

Yeah, he's another 1st time NFL HC, but as far as I'm concerned, there is nobody with HC'ing experience available this year that would even remotely give me confidence.. Frankly, the thought of Haslett makes me want to puke - as a poster said in another thread, there is just something that doesn't sit right with me about him.

April knows the team, the players, the organization, and more importantly has their respect already, he's a proven commodity, albeit with ST.

I don't know, I just see the guy all fired up out there every Sunday, patroling the sidelines, just excited about what he's doing, with players who obviously love playing for him.

Unless he just flat out doesn't have the experience or knowledge to do the job, and I'm very comfortable leaving that decision to Levy, I honestly cannot see how he could do a worse job than Williams and Mularkey..

Make it happen Marv!!!!

JJamezz
01-13-2006, 03:15 PM
And BTW, the thought has crossed my mind about how much of Aprils success is due to him playing starters.. I personally don't care, I look at it as a coach doing what it takes to win, and a coach playing players to their individual strengths, putting them and the team in a position to succeed - which has been COMPLETELY MISSING from this team the last 5 years.