PDA

View Full Version : My Awesome Coaching Choices:

jdbillsfan
01-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Not many candidates are really jumping out this year, but here are my choices and a little bit of commenatary on some of the available choices.

My Choices:

1) Ron Rivera. Good D-Coordinators seem to make good Coaches. Rivera has been around some good defenses for a while now, including Philly. I think he could bring a good system to Buffalo.

2) Haslett. He seems to get some strong opinions one way or another on this board, but I think he could be a good choice. He has head coaching experience and he is familiar with Buffalo. He should know what to expect. He did well under a good GM down in New Orleans and not as good under Loomis, who he didn't respect. Maybe he could even bring Bentley with him.

3) Mangini. Don't want to miss another good Pats Head Coaching candidate. He's young, and he probably could use a few more years under Belichek, but their D is stepping up and he has been in NE for 5 years, so that should count for something.

4) Fisher. I hear he wants out of Tenn, but the odds don't seem to good with this one. Plus he has a mullet, so you never know.

Who I don't want:

1) Sherman. Seems kind of like a dufus. Packer fans don't seem to like him that much and that is good enough for me.

2) Saunders. If he was that good, the Cheifs would have kept him.

3) Moore. He could be good, it just seems like Manning is the one running that offense.

Who I am unsure about:

1) Cottrell. Who knows. Not sure where to rank him on my list, but it might be above the people I don't want and below the others. He kind of reminds me of Ray Rhodes, who never really cut it as a HC.

2) Gray. Seems to be a hard worker, Williams wanted to keep him. Probably didn't fit well with Mularkey and Donahoe, since I am not really sure if they even wanted him there.

jdbillsfan
01-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Oh, I forgot about Martz. He would go under who I am unsure about. My buddy is a die hard Rams fan and he hates Martz. I think Martz has some brains though and maybe will know what he is doing the second time around.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Oh, I forgot about Martz. He would go under who I am unsure about. My buddy is a die hard Rams fan and he hates Martz. I think Martz has some brains though and maybe will know what he is doing the second time around.

Don't forget....Martz = NO Bobby April. :ill:

He's the one that fired him. Hell no to Martz! :mad:

Philagape
01-13-2006, 02:25 PM
On a scale of 1-10, here's my enthusiasm for each:

Haslett -- 5
Sherman -- 4
Cottrell -- 3
April -- 7, but he'd need good hands-on coordinators
Gray -- 0
Rivera -- 4
Fisher -- 8, but we'll never get him
Martz -- 1
Saunders -- 5
Mangini -- 1

pintonick96
01-13-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm liking the reason you picked Fisher.

Mullets = wins.

jdbillsfan
01-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Another guy who hasn't really been discussed is Linehan from Miami. He did well in Minnesota and then did well with Miami's offense last year. Might be a good fit for our young O.

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2006, 03:21 PM
1) Sherman. Seems kind of like a dufus.

He's not the most exciting and polished speaker but he has a good coaching mind. Plus you know he's not spineless like MM if he's brave enough to pick a fight with Warren Sapp.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/112402/sherm800.jpg

RedEyE
01-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Sherman looks as if he just **** his pants in that picture.

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2006, 03:39 PM
He probably did.

That Guy
01-13-2006, 03:41 PM
I would absolutely love it if Jeff Fisher became the coach. But that won't happen.

Bmax
01-13-2006, 04:39 PM
With norv being interviewed in kc .. saunders is out ....as off coord...he may just get the raiders job..

Bmax.....

Bills will move fast to get haslett deal done with rooney rule in place they will have to.. I just don't think the jets will hire haslett. Lions won't either...Buffalo job is better than both ..with jets in cap jail and lions gm on thin ice...

TigerJ
01-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I think the betting money is on Saunders going to Oakland.

My biggest misgiving with Sherman is his connection to the west coast offence. I wonder if he wants to run it here. I don't think Buffalo has the QB right now to run it successfully. Maybe Kelly Holcomb could, but I think Losman would need time he doesn't have to run it well. I want to see someone who can install an offence that has some downfield passing to take advantage of Losman's arm and the speed of Evans and Parrish. I think Losman is smart enough, but I don't want to load him down with the complexities of an offence that really is a poor match for his physical skills.

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Is there a reason no one is ementonnig mooch

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I think the betting money is on Saunders going to Oakland.

My biggest misgiving with Sherman is his connection to the west coast offence. I wonder if he wants to run it here. I don't think Buffalo has the QB right now to run it successfully. Maybe Kelly Holcomb could, but I think Losman would need time he doesn't have to run it well. I want to see someone who can install an offence that has some downfield passing to take advantage of Losman's arm and the speed of Evans and Parrish. I think Losman is smart enough, but I don't want to load him down with the complexities of an offence that really is a poor match for his physical skills.

Keep this in mind....we traded back into the first round to get JP so GREEN BAY I.e. Mike Sherman, couldn't draft him!

Green Bay was going after JP with their first pick, so I think Sherman feels JP will fit into his system nicely.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Is there a reason no one is ementonnig mooch

Shoot, Mooch is making more money by sitting on his arse than being a HC.

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Shoot, Mooch is making more money by sitting on his arse than being a HC.

just wondering makes sense though

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 05:45 PM
just wondering makes sense though

Oh I agree. I just feel he takes a year off and sees what is out there next year.

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Oh I agree. I just feel he takes a year off and sees what is out there next year.

Can't fault the man. If i were in his shoes i would do the same thing as him. Take a year off and get paid. I still don't understand why he got fired. I mean i know we all though TD was a moron but Millian is a real dumb*****. Sure they have some good recievers but no lineman. Sounds familar huh?

But if we could lure mooch up here to buffalo i think that would be a wise thing IMO