X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

My Awesome Coaching Choices:

Not many candidates are really jumping out this year, but here are my choices and a little bit of commenatary on some of the available choices.

My Choices:

1) Ron Rivera. Good D-Coordinators seem to make good Coaches. Rivera has been around some good defenses for a while now, including Philly. I think he could bring a good system to Buffalo.

2) Haslett. He seems to get some strong opinions one way or another on this board, but I think he could be a good choice. He has head coaching experience and he is familiar with Buffalo. He should know what to expect. He did well under a good GM down in New Orleans and not as good under Loomis, who he didn't respect. Maybe he could even bring Bentley with him.

3) Mangini. Don't want to miss another good Pats Head Coaching candidate. He's young, and he probably could use a few more years under Belichek, but their D is stepping up and he has been in NE for 5 years, so that should count for something.

4) Fisher. I hear he wants out of Tenn, but the odds don't seem to good with this one. Plus he has a mullet, so you never know.

Who I don't want:

1) Sherman. Seems kind of like a dufus. Packer fans don't seem to like him that much and that is good enough for me.

2) Saunders. If he was that good, the Cheifs would have kept him.

3) Moore. He could be good, it just seems like Manning is the one running that offense.

Who I am unsure about:

1) Cottrell. Who knows. Not sure where to rank him on my list, but it might be above the people I don't want and below the others. He kind of reminds me of Ray Rhodes, who never really cut it as a HC.

2) Gray. Seems to be a hard worker, Williams wanted to keep him. Probably didn't fit well with Mularkey and Donahoe, since I am not really sure if they even wanted him there.
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Re: My Awesome Coaching Choices:

Oh, I forgot about Martz. He would go under who I am unsure about. My buddy is a die hard Rams fan and he hates Martz. I think Martz has some brains though and maybe will know what he is doing the second time around.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
      Oh, I forgot about Martz. He would go under who I am unsure about. My buddy is a die hard Rams fan and he hates Martz. I think Martz has some brains though and maybe will know what he is doing the second time around.

Don't forget....Martz = NO Bobby April.

He's the one that fired him. Hell no to Martz!

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

On a scale of 1-10, here's my enthusiasm for each:

Haslett -- 5
        Sherman -- 4
        Cottrell -- 3
        April -- 7, but he'd need good hands-on coordinators
        Gray -- 0
        Rivera -- 4
        Fisher -- 8, but we'll never get him
        Martz -- 1
        Saunders -- 5
        Mangini -- 1
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• pintonick96
          You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
          • Aug 2005

I'm liking the reason you picked Fisher.

Mullets = wins.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
            • Oct 2002

Another guy who hasn't really been discussed is Linehan from Miami. He did well in Minnesota and then did well with Miami's offense last year. Might be a good fit for our young O.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
              1) Sherman. Seems kind of like a dufus.
              He's not the most exciting and polished speaker but he has a good coaching mind. Plus you know he's not spineless like MM if he's brave enough to pick a fight with Warren Sapp.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Sherman looks as if he just **** his pants in that picture.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

He probably did.

Comment

• That Guy
                    • Apr 2004

I would absolutely love it if Jeff Fisher became the coach. But that won't happen.

Comment

• Bmax
                      • Aug 2003

With norv being interviewed in kc .. saunders is out ....as off coord...he may just get the raiders job..

Bmax.....

Bills will move fast to get haslett deal done with rooney rule in place they will have to.. I just don't think the jets will hire haslett. Lions won't either...Buffalo job is better than both ..with jets in cap jail and lions gm on thin ice...

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Yeah, I think the betting money is on Saunders going to Oakland.

My biggest misgiving with Sherman is his connection to the west coast offence. I wonder if he wants to run it here. I don't think Buffalo has the QB right now to run it successfully. Maybe Kelly Holcomb could, but I think Losman would need time he doesn't have to run it well. I want to see someone who can install an offence that has some downfield passing to take advantage of Losman's arm and the speed of Evans and Parrish. I think Losman is smart enough, but I don't want to load him down with the complexities of an offence that really is a poor match for his physical skills.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                          • Dec 2005

Is there a reason no one is ementonnig mooch

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            Yeah, I think the betting money is on Saunders going to Oakland.

My biggest misgiving with Sherman is his connection to the west coast offence. I wonder if he wants to run it here. I don't think Buffalo has the QB right now to run it successfully. Maybe Kelly Holcomb could, but I think Losman would need time he doesn't have to run it well. I want to see someone who can install an offence that has some downfield passing to take advantage of Losman's arm and the speed of Evans and Parrish. I think Losman is smart enough, but I don't want to load him down with the complexities of an offence that really is a poor match for his physical skills.
                            Keep this in mind....we traded back into the first round to get JP so GREEN BAY I.e. Mike Sherman, couldn't draft him!

Green Bay was going after JP with their first pick, so I think Sherman feels JP will fit into his system nicely.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
                              Is there a reason no one is ementonnig mooch
                              Shoot, Mooch is making more money by sitting on his arse than being a HC.

Comment

Working...
                              X