PDA

View Full Version : I'm now really concerned!

ghz in pittsburgh
01-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Look, whatever fantasy name you guys throw it out there for HC, the real question for a candidate is they need to find a good answer to "Can I be successful in Buffalo".

Otherwise we'd be looking at just another coach like we had before, desparate for a chance.

Central to that question is the authority, especially for those who has gone to the well and failed before.

If what is reported is true - I strongly suspect that it is - that Mularkey is concerned about the authority he has, like suspending players without having to go to the owner, an out of town owner I may add; having a big say in personnel decisions or having a chance to develop a strong rapport with the GM and Scouting director - Modrak lives in Jacksonville whereas Marv is based in Chicago, if the HC wants to sit down discussing players, he has to get a conference call going without seeing the facial expression of others. I don't blame Mularkey for leaving because that is not an environment fostering success!

Any coach concerned about not having a bad mark on his career has to demand total control in the environment Buffalo is in now. But Ralph carefully laid out the power structure to guard against a czar like TD again in the organization.

That conflict, is my major concern for the hiring of a new HC.

footballhottie
01-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Im afraid too