PDA

View Full Version : Who are the best HC candidates out there?

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I go with....

1) sherman hands down.

2) Saunders

3) Haslett

What bothers me is what Marv said today. He said something to the effect that some assistants will be kept regardless and they will let the guys interviewing know that before going through an exaustive interview. Now this may be me but I don't think any HC worth his salt is going to like being strapped with assistants he doesn't know, or hired.

A guy like saunders who has had a top offense in the league for years now may want his own Line coach etc. I feel that might keep us from getting a top guy.

I wish Ralph and Marv would just hire a good HC. then let the man pick his assistants. Then sit down with him and let him look at the roster and see who fits HIS system. Then cut who they don't want nor need. Then sign FA's / Draft guys that fit into the system.

DaBills
01-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm not a Haslett guy. Just don't like what he did with the Saints. (I'll give them a pass this year on Katrina.) But otherwise, naw, don't like him.

Levy talk as head coach bothers me too. If we're building for the future, how does Marv as coach fit that scenario? GM is one thing, but coaching is a lot more day-to-day stress. I mean, just wondering which Holcomb will show up in a game alone can kill ya. Marv doesn't need to worry if today is the day 'I get Evil Kelly' or 'Not Evil Kelly but average is as good as he'll be ' Kelly.

Cotrell: He knows DE-FENCE. And it's the right thing to do after TD screwed him over.

feelthepain
01-14-2006, 02:22 AM
I think Sherman would be a solid addition to the Bills an a good addition to the division. I think the Bills are in a little bit of a tough situation though. You're not in the biggest market, you don't have the best cap situation, you're owner is notoriusly cheap, you're QB situation isn't good, both lines are a mess. If you want a big time HC, or sould I say, a HC that has all the tools to get the job done, then the owner will have to make some serious decisions.

Now days the HC's like to control their fate, if you want to bring in a HC and expect him to turn a team around or get them to the next level without giving him full control over personell decisions, then you better have your ducks in a row or else you're just setting yourself up to fail.

You guys better get used to the fact that no one worth a damn will go to Buffalo if you have an owner that isn't willing to give them full control of the team and open the pocket book. You can't win in this league if you don't put the best people in the business at every position possible. That includes bot Coaching staff and players. To be honest at this point the Bills are as far from a playoff team as they can be. If Sherman joins the Bills that will be a very good step in the right direction. I just don't see it happening unless Sherm has no place left to go and will take nothing less then a HC job.

SquishDaFish
01-14-2006, 05:17 AM
Ummm our cap situation isnt poor. And the QB is young doesnt Suck. Miamis QBs suck which have experoence by the way. How many head coaches have total control in the NFL?? That is not a priority. Now your right about cheap. We are going to have to pay $$$ to get someone good

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-14-2006, 06:50 AM
I have heard or read these names:
(Gary Kubiak)
Al Saunders
Bob Bratkowski
Mike Zimmer
Bob Stoops
Kirk Ferentz
Ron Rivera
Sean Payton
Jim Fassel

If I were to look for someone from college I might look to Terry Malone for OC and Gene Chick DC.

feelthepain
01-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Ummm our cap situation isnt poor. And the QB is young doesnt Suck. Miamis QBs suck which have experoence by the way. How many head coaches have total control in the NFL?? That is not a priority. Now your right about cheap. We are going to have to pay $$$ to get someone good

Well if you don't think your QB and your cap and that you need a HC to be in total control,then you won't be surprised when your team is at the bottom of the division...again!! But I'm sure you'll be the first one calling for the new coaches head if you don't have a great season this year!!

Why is every time a fin fan tries to be objective about your football team some of you Bill fans revert to, "oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad"!!? Grow up, this wasn't an attack on your team, but an observation from a football fan. BTW, in Nick Saban first season as a pro HC here's what he did with a 4-12 football when given total control and no spending limit.

Firts 6 game winnig streak that went through December into Jan, since Shulas 72 fins.

First time C.Chambers had a 1000 yrd season and first probowl.

Took the fins salary cap and took us from around 14 mill over to possibly 25 mill under.

Had one of the best drafts this franchise has ever had certainly the best in the last 20 years.

Upgraded nearly every coaching position on the team.

Took a bunch of stop gap players and lead them to a winning season after a 3-7 start.

I'm sure you don't give a crap about the success the fins had this year or the strides they've made, and I'm also sure you think this is me rubing Miami's success in your face, it's not. My point to all this is Look at what Miami's owner was willing to do to ensure success for the team and look at the results from one season. Does this guarantee success in the future?? No, but I'm sure you'll agree with Nick Saban's connection to BB and his own ability to coach and motivate and ability to spot talent Miami's future looks far brighter then the Bill's. So maybe, just maybe giving the coach total control has it's advantedges!! Hmmm!!

As for Miami's QB situation, how does a team win six games in a row and have a probowl WR if the QB's "suck"?? Another brilliant Bill fan making another brilliant statement I guess. This is one of Miami's areas they need to improve, but they don't suck.... genius!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-14-2006, 10:06 AM
feelthepain, I have to respect your opinion. It hurts, but it is true.

feelthepain
01-14-2006, 02:08 PM
feelthepain, I have to respect your opinion. It hurts, but it is true.

Thank you, my comments in this thread were ment with no malice, just an opinion from another football fan.