PDA

View Full Version : The Bills have 3 things in the last 7 NFL's most miserable moments

Mitchy moo
01-13-2006, 07:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/060110

7. Oilers blow 35-3 lead, lose playoff game to Bills in OT. What made this one even more painful for Oilers fans is that after Buffalo had rallied from 32 down in the third quarter to take the lead, Houston actually tied it up and then lost, 41-38. Which begs another question: Was Warren Moon a great quarterback? He won just three playoff games in his career, and all three were wild-card games. He made nine Pro Bowls and threw for nearly 50,000 yards (not counting the CFL!) but never took his team to a conference title game. He's up for the Hall of Fame in a few weeks. Does he go in on the first ballot?

6. The Music City Miracle. A man can die but once, but don't try to tell that to Bills fans, who've died 1,000 deaths. How do you lose a playoff game on a contested backward lateral kickoff return. Just after your kicker boots a 51-yard field goal that apparently has won the game with 16 seconds left? Only Bills fans know.

2. Norwood's boot. Think how bad this would have felt if Bills fans had known at the time that they would lose the next three Super Bowls, too.

I would of thrown the bills/raiders games that we beat them 51-3 in there, that was a big *** handing.

AndreReed83
01-13-2006, 07:57 PM
I wrote this on another message board and I'll say it here again. The Greatest Comeback Game should be ahead of the Music City Debacle.

That comeback game ruined that Houston franchise. They never recovered. It was one of many things that sent them on the slow spiral to Tennessee. The team was broken up and they weren't really competitive afterwards. That game defined BOTH these franchises. BTW, players on that Oilers team say it was the greatest choke job in history and some say they are haunted by that game.

Sure, the Bills haven't done well since the MCD. I seriously don't think that game is the reason why. Poor management and bad player/draft choices were the reason why. Besides, it's at least 50/50 on whether it was a forward pass, and having seen the play about 5 times in the past two weeks (due to playoffs), it was obviously forward.

Devin
01-13-2006, 08:06 PM
only 3?

We have tons of miserable moments.

vicmantak
01-14-2006, 03:04 AM
Two other historical miserable moments:

1) Hall of fame LB TOM COUSINEAU, 1st OVERALL PICK in 1979 Draft opted to play in the Canadian Football League. Years later, he returned to the NFL and didn't want to play for the Bills. In compenstation, Bills obtained Browns' 1st overall round choice along with Browns' 3rd choice in 1984 and 5th choice in 1985.

2) QB JIM KELLY, 1st ROUND PICK in 1983 Draft opted to play with in the new United States Football League. Kelly, in two seasons with the Gamblers, threw for 9,842 yards and 83 touchdowns.

Mitchy moo
01-14-2006, 06:54 AM
I wrote this on another message board and I'll say it here again. The Greatest Comeback Game should be ahead of the Music City Debacle.

That comeback game ruined that Houston franchise. They never recovered. It was one of many things that sent them on the slow spiral to Tennessee. The team was broken up and they weren't really competitive afterwards. That game defined BOTH these franchises. BTW, players on that Oilers team say it was the greatest choke job in history and some say they are haunted by that game.

Sure, the Bills haven't done well since the MCD. I seriously don't think that game is the reason why. Poor management and bad player/draft choices were the reason why. Besides, it's at least 50/50 on whether it was a forward pass, and having seen the play about 5 times in the past two weeks (due to playoffs), it was obviously forward.

I totally agree agree, that was a franchise breaker there.