PDA

View Full Version : Marv is starting to worry me

Turf
01-13-2006, 07:30 PM
His reluctance to just come out and say he won't coach the team himself is really troubling.
If Marv talks Ralph into letting him coach and GM, it will be elderly abuse. Marv is beginning to take advantage of Ralph's friendship and age. Marv could easily have helped Ralph choose another GM, but Marv steered Ralph towards himself. If Marv does that again with the head coach job, or even the fact that it's crossing his mind that he could GM and coach at his age with no GM experience, is a really bad sign.
Don't get me wrong, I can tolerate Marv and give him a shot as GM though I don't think he's the best option, but Marv is crossing the line here even intimating that he would still like to be coach.

!Papacrunk!
01-13-2006, 07:37 PM
The following pic is meant in good fun, and not meant to demean the HOF coach. Just something I cooked up in PS:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/PapaCrunk/dawnofthelevy.jpg

:scooter:

Mitchy moo
01-13-2006, 07:37 PM
He should have some input for the next coach, marv's a smart man.

AndreReed83
01-13-2006, 07:52 PM
I think the reluctance of Marv not saying he definitely wouldn't become coach is for the simple reason that what if the team doesn't get the chance to bring in a viable choice for head coach? Marv is certainly better suited for the job then some of the people that are being thrown around, although, him being coach/gm would seemingly be a bad situation.

Turf
01-13-2006, 08:40 PM
The following pic is meant in good fun, and not meant to demean the HOF coach. Just something I cooked up in PS:

Bhahaha Nice Sig!

RedEyE
01-13-2006, 09:25 PM

:rofl:

Nighthawk
01-13-2006, 10:18 PM
If Marv coaches this team, it will be very hard for me to root for it. It is already becoming one of the laughing stock organizations of the league and that would only seal the deal. Anybody who thinks this guy can be successful is on some serious drugs!

gr8slayer
01-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Marv will not freaking be our new coach.

gr8slayer
01-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Marv will not freaking be our new coach. Get real.

gr8slayer
01-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Marv will not freaking be our new coach. Get real.

vicmantak
01-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Marv as head coach is not a very bad idea at all. This is the best thing he does and to be frank, he excels the art of recruit high-talented leaders and let them do their jobs with a special harmony.

Nighthawk
01-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Marv as head coach is not a very bad idea at all. This is the best thing he does and to be frank, he excels the art of recruit high-talented leaders and let them do their jobs with a special harmony.

Marv NEVER recruited the talent for his teams...it was brought in by Polian and then Butler. When he started to lose his good players, he could not coach and was basically ran out of town. However, people seem to forget that and that really is a joke. People only remember the good, never the bad.

The Spaz
01-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Ralph said absolutley not at the press conference about Mularky resigning.

Nighthawk
01-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Ralph said absolutley not at the press conference about Mularky resigning.

I know, I hope he keeps his word.

ddaryl
01-14-2006, 01:47 AM
If Marv coaches this team, it will be very hard for me to root for it. It is already becoming one of the laughing stock organizations of the league and that would only seal the deal. Anybody who thinks this guy can be successful is on some serious drugs!

If its for a season to get the things moving in the right direction because we couldn't land a suitable replacement then I'd be ok with it.

But Levy long term is not going ot happen, nor does anbyone in our out of the organization think so.

be a Bills fan, or get off the bus. I dislike many so called Bills fans and the opinions they so voicestrously post like broken records, but I'm still a Bills fan

AndreReed83
01-14-2006, 02:23 AM
I don't understand why everyone thinks we are the laughing stock of the league. I don't understand the basis behind it. I've seen in other threads that even teams like the Cardinals are laughing at us. Huh-what?! C'mon guys, we all knew as the season went along that big changes were going to happen and we're a laughing stock because we've held 3 press conferences in about 2 weeks? Because we hired Marv as GM/Head of Football Op? Who out there was availble, seriously? I dunno, I'm just not embarrassed about what is going on right now. I'm a lot more embarrassed by the fact that we lost games to the Saints and the Jets and choked against the Dolphins.

Historian
01-14-2006, 05:52 AM
What bothers me about his comments yesterday, was that he said in regards to selecting the new coach...that experience doesn't matter.

That should worry the hell out of any Bills fan.

I'm sick of this team becomming the Coches Academy.

mybills
01-14-2006, 06:50 AM
If Marv said experience doesn't matter, that can only mean he IS gonna play a HUGE ROLE in the coaching!

For everyone who thinks he's TOO OLD, that's crap! :rolleyes:
My grandmother was as sharp as a tack at age 89. :up:

ICE74129
01-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Marv Being HC is horrible. There it has been said. You guys need to quit living in the fuggin past. It is apperant that the ability to coach a team has passed the 80 year old by. Marv is a smart, but BORED old man. That is why he wants back into coaching. He sat at home and it got to friggin quiet for him.

That isn't reason to give him the job of our beloved Bills. Look he WAS a good coach outside of not handling his players and preparing them come superbowl time.

And let me add this FACT every seems to ignore...we were TIRED of Marv and pretty much as a whole were ready to move on when he retired. He had a bad habit his entire career here of NOT making 1/2 time adjustments. This is a known FACT. He also had the bad habbit of when getting a lead going into the 4th quarter of playing 'not to lose' instead of 'Playing to win' much to the frustration of this fanbase.

Marv is not the answer and should never even be allowed to think of coaching this team again. The best thing RW and Marv could do is hold another PC on Monday saying they came up with thier potential list and marv is NOT on it

Historian
01-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Marv Being HC is horrible. There it has been said. You guys need to quit living in the fuggin past. It is apperant that the ability to coach a team has passed the 80 year old by. Marv is a smart, but BORED old man. That is why he wants back into coaching. He sat at home and it got to friggin quiet for him.

That isn't reason to give him the job of our beloved Bills. Look he WAS a good coach outside of not handling his players and preparing them come superbowl time.

And let me add this FACT every seems to ignore...we were TIRED of Marv and pretty much as a whole were ready to move on when he retired. He had a bad habit his entire career here of NOT making 1/2 time adjustments. This is a known FACT. He also had the bad habbit of when getting a lead going into the 4th quarter of playing 'not to lose' instead of 'Playing to win' much to the frustration of this fanbase.

Marv is not the answer and should never even be allowed to think of coaching this team again. The best thing RW and Marv could do is hold another PC on Monday saying they came up with thier potential list and marv is NOT on it

:bf1:

That about sums it up for me. While Marv certainly would be better than Williams and Mularkey combined, ICE makes some great points. Keep in mind he was 7-9 in 1994, and 6-10 in 1997.

I like the idea of him as GM. I don't really want him to walk the sideline again.