Kubiak to coach Texans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndreReed83
    Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
    • Mar 2004

Kubiak to coach Texans.

ESPN ticker is reporting the Texans will hire Broncos OC Gary Kubiak as head coach.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
    "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Kubiak to coach Texans.

Good.

Don't want him here.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Did they even interview him yet? I was under the impression that teams will not allow their coaches to interview for other postions when they are still in the playoffs.

I remember the Bills weren't even allowed to talk to Weiss until the Pats were out of the playoffs.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
        Did they even interview him yet? I was under the impression that teams will not allow their coaches to interview for other postions when they are still in the playoffs.

I remember the Bills weren't even allowed to talk to Weiss until the Pats were out of the playoffs.
        Nope, now you can arrange a day with that team and the team must let you interview them. The catch is you must go to that teams H@.

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

The more I think about it, I think there's a good chance Kubiak and company will opt to trade down for more picks or pick Brickshaw. A former qb himself, Kubiak will likely see what he can do to help David Carr out-exit Vince Young. The consensus then would be that they will pick Bush. But why? Just about any rb in the zone blocking scheme, would look like a million dollars. Dom Davis will benefit from Kubiak's presence. The only thing left to do from then is fix their O-line. Denver Offenses have always put more emphasis up front(O-line), then qb, then rb. This is why I think there's a good chance will they will not pick either young or Bush. They could very well draft the best O-lineman available(Brick) or trade down for extra picks. The Texans are rebuilding so they will try to rebuild with youth. Just my 2 cents on the situation.

Comment

Working...
          X