• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

ICE

What is it about Payton that makes you think hed be a good HC?
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: ICE

If he can get Quincy Carter to throw for 3,000 yards...

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• AndreReed83
      Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
      • Mar 2004

He was okay with Quincy, did horrible with Testaverde (it's hard to blame him for that though), and Bledsoe returned to normal once the season went along and the offensive line started getting hurt. Maybe in the future, but he's not even an offensive coordinator or anything. It'd be quite a stretch to basically hire a glorified QB coach.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
      "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Where is Quicncy Carter now?

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by AndreReed83
          He was okay with Quincy, did horrible with Testaverde (it's hard to blame him for that though), and Bledsoe returned to normal once the season went along and the offensive line started getting hurt. Maybe in the future, but he's not even an offensive coordinator or anything. It'd be quite a stretch to basically hire a glorified QB coach.
          I feel the same thats why im asking, a little curious what makes him so special.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
            Where is Quicncy Carter now?
            rehab?
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Payton can't stop Q from doing drugs so lets end that now. Payton is an old school type of guy. No BS and will run a tight ship, something sorely lacking. He did a great job with the offense in NYG and has done very well in Dallas.

I just think the guy can do a hell of a job.

Now my top pick is and has been Sherman, but sherman has knocks on him as well. Look if a guy is available to be a HC he is going to have some knocks on him. Marv did when he came to Buffalo, so will any candidate we interview.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                Payton can't stop Q from doing drugs so lets end that now. Payton is an old school type of guy. No BS and will run a tight ship, something sorely lacking. He did a great job with the offense in NYG and has done very well in Dallas.

I just think the guy can do a hell of a job.

Now my top pick is and has been Sherman, but sherman has knocks on him as well. Look if a guy is available to be a HC he is going to have some knocks on him. Marv did when he came to Buffalo, so will any candidate we interview.
                Correct me if I am wrong but isnt he like 35 or something he cant be that old school. And didnt Fassell actually take away some of his duties while with the NYG?

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Here's his profile:

Nothing sticks out to me and he looks like a goof....

Coach Profile

Sean Payton, regarded as one of the NFL's bright young offensive coaches, joins the Cowboys as Assistant Head Coach/Quarterbacks in 2003. He comes to Dallas after four years with the New York Giants, the last three as their offensive coordinator. In Dallas, he will oversee the club's passing game while working with the quarterbacks.
                  Under Payton's tutelage, the Giants had one of the NFL's most productive offenses, while quarterback Kerry Collins posted franchise-record passing numbers. The Giants finished the 2002 season as the NFL's sixth ranked offense, averaging 364.1 yards a game. It was the Giants' highest ranking since the 1985 team finished fifth in the NFL in offense with an average of 367.8 yards a game. Behind Collins' career-high and club-record 4,073 passing yards, New York finished as the NFL's sixth ranked passing offense. Collins also established a club record with 335 pass completions on the year. Under Payton, Collins became one of the most productive quarterbacks in Giants history. In 58 games with the Giants, including 55 starts, Collins stands third on the team's career list in pass attempts (1,973), third in completions (1,163), fourth in passing yards (13,765) and fifth in touchdown passes (68). Collins set an NFL record by becoming the first quarterback in league history to throw every one of his team's passes in two consecutive seasons (2000-2001). He threw a league-record 1,852 consecutive regular season passes for the Giants before the streak was broken on Dec. 15, 2001 against Dallas.

see link for more

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Pass.

Comeback in 3-5 when you have more experience.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                      Pass.

Comeback in 3-5 when you have more experience.
                      How many years coaching exp did Marv have when he came here? Not much more than the 7 payton has.

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Marv had been around football in manhy different forms probably since before Payton was born.

Pass.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                          Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                          • Mar 2004

Marv had two seasons of being an assistant on good Redskin teams. 5 years head coaching in the CFL (where he won two Gray Cups), 5 or so years of head coaching the Chiefs. I'd say quite a bit more then Payton.

It's not that I don't like Sean, but he needs more experience to even warrant a head coaching spot, in my opinion.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                          "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

I just finished his book.

Marv had been a Head Coach in some capacity since 1960.

Sorry ICE, there's no comparison.

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X