• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

NHL on NBC

I'm watching the NY Rangers/Detroit Red Wings game.. and I am JUST wondering... how the hell Detroit is "Hockeytown"? I mean crickets+St. Louis fans can make more noise than these so-called wings fans are. Unbelievable, your team is on NBC, around the country...I figured they would be going crazy because they are "Hockeytown"!! It makes the game boring because it's so quiet, watching NFL games your always hearing the crowd no matter what. Sabres fans can make SOME noise at least.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: NHL on NBC

They just made some noise when they scored.

I'm not too impressed with NBC's coverage so far...pretty average.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

Yeah, it's pretty blah.. throw RJ in there and spice it up a bit.. come on! lol.
      Im watching on high-def so its hawt haha...but yeah besides that nothing too great.

Now that I think of it, it's most likely because of the positions of the microphones around the arena...because you cant hear the horn too good when they score, and those things are loud. I'm guessing they did this so they could focus more on the play by play coverage but thats not a bright spot with these commentators in my opinion..
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

haha, you guys see the reporter in between the benches? Hes crammed into like a 3x3 ft. area...talking to linesmen and stuff, kinda weird dunno really what to think of it.

Comment

• Myers57
          Registered User and McLovin stunt double
          • Sep 2003

lol id laugh if he got hit by a puck...

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

Sabres on NBC anytime soon? Would be nice if this game was on there..with RJ!! wooooo!

Comment

• Myers57
              Registered User and McLovin stunt double
              • Sep 2003

nope

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

NBC is going to have the same problem that ABC had a few years ago, they regionalize games. I don't ever want to watch the NY Rangers. You have two of the best teams in Colorado and Philly, Sakic v. Forsberg, what more can you ask for. Then we get NY Rangers? Thank goodness for the Center Ice Package.

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

Their trying to pull what CBS does for football.

I think NHL on NBC will turn into their arena football coverage that not too many watch.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                    I'm not too impressed with NBC's coverage so far...pretty average.
                    Yet leaps and bounds ahead of OLN....

Of course, I prefer the local feeds over any sort of "national" coverage. There's too much slobbering over certain players, like always (**Cough**Forsberg**cough**).

Give me the feeds from each team's local market via Centre Ice any day.

Comment

• JD
                      Sabres Zone
                      • Sep 2003

Yeah, our announcers were having orgasms over Jagr....tracking his ice time etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X