PDA

View Full Version : If you were an NFL GM, how would you approach the Draft?

Iehoshua
01-14-2006, 05:22 PM
We shall see how Marv approaches it soon...

Devin
01-14-2006, 05:24 PM
THis particular year I have to go by need.

Historian
01-14-2006, 05:31 PM
No offense to kerr...but I want BEEF!

GodDrewIsSexyMmmm
01-14-2006, 05:34 PM
I'd trade whatever picks it would take to aquire Bledsoe.

:D

Devin
01-14-2006, 05:35 PM
I'd trade whatever picks it would take to aquire Bledsoe.

Can someone ban this clown?

GodDrewIsSexyMmmm
01-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Can someone ban this clown?
For what? Expressing my opinion?

If you don't like it, don't read it, pal. Your jealousy of Drew is soooo obvious!
:funny:

Mr. Cynical
01-14-2006, 05:38 PM
If you were an NFL GM, how would you approach the Draft?

With a bottle of Tequila in one hand and a hot chick in the other. :D

Iehoshua
01-14-2006, 05:39 PM
:rofl:

Devin
01-14-2006, 05:42 PM
For what? Expressing my opinion?

If you don't like it, don't read it, pal. Your jealousy of Drew is soooo obvious!
:funny:

Keep it relevant to the thread. Dont harass people with your love of an acient QB who was horrible in Buffalo.

GodDrewIsSexyMmmm
01-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Keep it relevant to the thread. Dont harass people with your love of an acient QB who was horrible in Buffalo.
Horrible? You call a 9-7 season, a probowl appearance horrible? You must think this season was great then.... Ohhh can't you appreciate how much Drew did for this team? Mmmmmmmm he's so gorgeous too! Ahhhhhhh....

RedEyE
01-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Well this is not quite that black and white, but to answer the question, I would have to say "Team Need" first.

You want the best available player to be your roster fill-in, but that doesn't always work itself out. So, Most draft boards list talent first and then push necessity up as required.

As a player is plucked from the draft, trades are made, things change throughout the day.

IMO, evaluting talent is a crap shoot. Some guys come out of the box blazing and are everyhting they're hype has lead you to believe they are. While others are overlooked for their abilities because of the school they attended or the scheme they were playing for etc...

When it comes to RBs, CBs, S and LBs, percentages are higher for how they will perform in the NFL. QB's are probably the polar opposite.

Lineman (offensive and defesive) have to be drafted on not only their athletic ability, but their ability to learn. The game changes for them in the pros entirely.

WRs can sometimes take anywhere from 2-4 years before coming into their own.

All of these things need be taken into account, as do others.

kinigirly
01-14-2006, 05:51 PM
oh ****ing god. that name is just begging people for pointless ***** sessions at them. this is a new sick form of a need for attention. maybe i'll put mmm at the end of my name too. actually i already had a thought about who it is. go ahead and start crap in nonsense threads, but not in ones where people use both parts of their brain, its just rude

GodDrewIsSexyMmmm
01-14-2006, 05:54 PM
oh ****ing god. that name is just begging people for pointless ***** sessions at them. this is a new sick form of a need for attention. maybe i'll put mmm at the end of my name too. actually i already had a thought about who it is. go ahead and start crap in nonsense threads, but not in ones where people use both parts of their brain, its just rude
Be quiet, just because I'm open about my sexuality doesn't mean you have a right to rip me. Drew turns me on and I'm not ashamed, you are jealous he's not into you!

Devin
01-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Probably a fake nicker.

See if a mod can do an ip matchup.

RedEyE
01-14-2006, 05:57 PM
We know who it is.

Iehoshua
01-14-2006, 05:57 PM
So much for the thread... :sigh:

kinigirly
01-14-2006, 06:04 PM
:pet: darth takeo
no no your thread will be fine. some girls on this site have issues unfortunately

Iehoshua
01-14-2006, 06:05 PM
:hi5:

Philagape
01-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Horrible? You call a 9-7 season, a probowl appearance horrible? You must think this season was great then.... Ohhh can't you appreciate how much Drew did for this team? Mmmmmmmm he's so gorgeous too! Ahhhhhhh....

He didn't make the Pro Bowl. And Dallas would have made the playoffs if not for his ****ups.

What Drew did for this team is set it back three years.

And I say draft for need.

Mad Bomber
01-14-2006, 07:01 PM
If you were an NFL GM, how would you approach the Draft?

With a bottle of Tequila in one hand and a hot chick in the other. :D

Sounds like Donahoe, except for the hot chick...

TigerJ
01-14-2006, 09:57 PM
It has to be a combination of the two in early rounds. If your highest rated player available is not at a need position, and there is a player at a need position who is rated on your board only slightly behind the best player available, you have to give strong consideration to takng the player at a need position. If the player at a need position is say 10 spots down on your board, I think you either have to take the best player available or trade down.

vicmantak
01-14-2006, 10:14 PM
It's a bizarre question but I would say TEAM NEEDS.

No player is a guarantee and it's necessary to digest (understand) that draft was made to provide DEPTH.

X-Era
01-14-2006, 10:30 PM
We shall see how Marv approaches it soon...

Id park in the parking lot and then go through the front door.

Seriously, a team that ranks 29th in both O and D, shouldnt go into the draft and reach for anyone because of needs.

Mad Bomber
01-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Some teams can go after the best available player, but the Bills have definite NEEDS that have to be filled.

DaBills
01-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Team needs. But, if for some reason a top pick falls to you? be flexible enough to consider going after him. Needs first: DL then OL.

No matter who we pick though, we've already done our good deed for the year and made the draft safer this year: we got Donahoe off the streets.

:afro:

ParanoidAndroid
01-15-2006, 12:53 AM
I voted BPA to even things up because I knew most would vote needs. In truth, there has to be a balance between the two. You look to improve team weaknesses and consider getting value for the pick as well.

djjimkelly
01-15-2006, 02:41 AM
team should go fo need unless the prospect is so cant miss its undeniable that he will make a difference by adding something u already have. so my answer to that is pretty much need

ddaryl
01-15-2006, 02:49 AM
I would develope a formula that weighs in Team Need vs: Best Player and use that to help influence the decision.

In some cases Team Need would win, others best player would win. Depending on how big the need was, and who was available on th eboard

SABURZFAN
01-15-2006, 07:35 AM

:lmao:

i bet you just want to grab the bolts on his neck too.oh wait....that was Frankenstein.sorry bro,i get those two mixed up. :couch: