PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel better about the Bills after this year's first preseason game, or last...

Butch
08-10-2002, 10:37 PM
years?

I am just curious how everyone feels about the Bills after 1 preseason game this year, compared to last year. Last year I was in the minority because I didn't think the Bills would be any good. After this year's first preseason game, I am confident about our offense but concerned about our defense. Last year I was concerned about both.

HenryRules
08-10-2002, 10:47 PM
I didn't really pay much attention during last year's preseason because I was living in New York and didn't really know about any of the Bills fan sites.

lordofgun
08-10-2002, 10:47 PM
agree totally Butch!

This year's team is gonna be much improved. MAybe some struggles on D still, but we should be able to more than hold our own on offense!

shelby
08-10-2002, 11:20 PM
the D needs help....but i am really liking Bledsoe!:D

WG
08-11-2002, 02:06 AM
Last year was a blur...

Did we field a team last year?

What was our record?

The Buffalo who?

:D

Selective memory failure! LOL

Romes
08-11-2002, 12:14 PM
I realize this team reminds me a lot of the Indianapolis teams of the past few years. Full of offense and no defense. Like the colts team if we get a little luck we could win 10-11 games but if the bounces don't go our way we could just as easily lose 10-11 games. Without a consistent defense this team could really go either way.

Typ0
08-11-2002, 12:15 PM
I believe in the first preseason game last season Ostroski broke his leg which didn't make me feel good at all considering the line clearly was weak with him in there. Cowart played through the preseason but then got hurt in the second quarter of the opening game. Good teams have to be able to play through the injuries. These two pretty much ruined our chances of being competetive last season...we needed the skills, experience and consitency.

The_Philster
08-11-2002, 12:40 PM
Actually, Cowart got hurt in the first quarter...seven plays is all he lasted last year....just ask Jerry Gray...or look in the LB analysis of the latest Shout!

WagonCircler
08-11-2002, 10:09 PM
Even if we do struggle on D, the best news is that the Bills will be fun to watch again. This year the Offense, next year the Defense. It's going to be a great ride.

WG
08-11-2002, 10:26 PM
I'd rather be 11-5 and defensive and ball-control than 4-12 and fun to watch. ;)

lordofgun
08-11-2002, 10:30 PM
I'd rather be 11-5 and fun to watch. :D

lordofgun
08-11-2002, 10:30 PM
but maybe that's just me...

don137
08-12-2002, 06:06 AM
Me too LOG...There is no question that I am very excited about our offense. It is hands down better in all facets of the game. I am not worried about the OL...yet. It takes a little longer for the offense to gel then the defense so I am not concerened about the lack of a running game Friday. I am concerned about the run defense. They did absolutley nothing to change my feeling that this is the achilles heel of the team. I am confident they will get better but I am worried that there best may not be good enough to stop the run to get the ball back for our offense. I hope I am wrong.

northernbillfan
08-13-2002, 06:13 PM
I was with you on last seasons predictions. Pro Football weekly had them at 7-9, and I didn't see 3 wins.

This year I see us 8-8, perhaps a 10-6, depending on the NFC north. That will be the make or break point of the season.