PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson vs. Ngata

Scumbag College
01-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Since it's been a very rotten and icy Saturday, I haven't had alot to do and have looked at several mock drafts. I would say about 80-90 percent of them have the Bills either taking D'Brickshaw Ferguson or Haloti Ngata with the eighth pick in the draft. Besides having cool first names, which one would you rather have the Bills pick if they are both available when the Bills are on the clock in April?

Personally, i would like the Bills to draft Ngata. I think he's a special talent (6'5" 345 lbs AND able to drop back into pass coverage.) Although he has had some knee troubles, I still think he's worth a shot. I do think Gandy held his own at LT this year, however, if the Bills pick Ferguson I would like to see him start at LT and move Gandy to LG.

If one is off the board, then I would like the Bills to pick the other. If both are off, I dunno. But if they are both on there, then what does everyone think?

Just thought I would put a post up that wasn't head coach related.

Jeff1220
01-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Ngata. He'll be great, and I'd rather see OL addressed through FA.

hydro014
01-14-2006, 11:11 PM
i'll take D'Brick at 8 but not Ngata. Every time i saw Ngata play he never impressed me. He sucked in the bowl game and during the year he dominated against the PAC-10 which we all know is not very strong. He has injury problems with his knee also.

I know that sounded like i think he sucks, but i dont i just dont feel he is worth the 8th pick. but if we were picking at 20 i would be all over him. Also most big draft guys, like kiper, have him rated at 19th best player in the draft. Although i have seen him as low as the 13th best player.

I like for that 8th pick:
1. Mario Williams DE
2. D'Brickashaw OT
3.AJ HAwk LB
4. Jimmy WIlliams CB
5. Trade pick

I know most likely those guys will be gone but those are the guys i like. I also have seen D'Brick falling in a lot of mock drafts lately.

Bmax
01-14-2006, 11:28 PM
The argument is do you want a stud LT or a stud DT...BOTH ARE GREAT PLAYERS. The difference is brick to some is a little light for the position. NGATA-pronounced nata the g is silent) is a huge run stopper who would do for the pats what wilfork did for them this season ...Clog the middle tie up defenders and let the lb's make plays.

The bills haven't Bookend tackles since ballard and wolford were here. I JUST THINK WE CAN GET A QUALITY TACKLE IN RD 2... So i would take ngata.

I believe Whitworth from lsu....college from boise st and the big cal big rt will be there in rd 2. Plus the fact that peters projects as a lt. The quality of players at DT in rd 2 is good.. but you get more bang for your buck at Ot or OG IN RD 2.

Watch out for Joseph-oklahoma and Spencer-Pitt also in rd 2 or 3 both can play both LG AND LT

BMAX

Bmax
01-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Well if the talk was either Williams-from NC ST OR Kiwanuka-from BC Or Brick or Ngata then it's a no brainer...

1. Williams-DE NC ST.
2. Kiwanuka-DE-BC
3. Ngata-DT-Oregon
4. Brick-LT- UVA
5. Chad Greenway-OLB-IOWA

Don't Panic
01-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Well if the talk was either Williams-from NC ST OR Kiwanuka-from BC Or Brick or Ngata then it's a no brainer...

1. Williams-DE NC ST.
2. Kiwanuka-DE-BC
3. Ngata-DT-Oregon
4. Brick-LT- UVA

That's a pretty solid list. I think 1,2 and 4 will be gone by then, so I'd take Ngata. As was said earlier, we're better off addressing the O line through free agency.

X-Era
01-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Since it's been a very rotten and icy Saturday, I haven't had alot to do and have looked at several mock drafts. I would say about 80-90 percent of them have the Bills either taking D'Brickshaw Ferguson or Haloti Ngata with the eighth pick in the draft. Besides having cool first names, which one would you rather have the Bills pick if they are both available when the Bills are on the clock in April?

Personally, i would like the Bills to draft Ngata. I think he's a special talent (6'5" 345 lbs AND able to drop back into pass coverage.) Although he has had some knee troubles, I still think he's worth a shot. I do think Gandy held his own at LT this year, however, if the Bills pick Ferguson I would like to see him start at LT and move Gandy to LG.

If one is off the board, then I would like the Bills to pick the other. If both are off, I dunno. But if they are both on there, then what does everyone think?

Just thought I would put a post up that wasn't head coach related.

Leading up to the bowl games, I was firmly in the Ngata boat assuming Ferg wouldnt drop.

However, he really looked mediocre in the bowl game. Yes he was double teamed, but several times he could have made a play but simply jogged and just went through the motions rather than leav his heart on the field.

Im questioning work ethic. The last thing this team needs is players with bad work ethics.

Right now I feel Ngata is a mid to late 1st rounder. So, Id rather take Ferg but I feel he wont drop.

X-Era
01-15-2006, 08:55 AM

1. Williams-DE NC ST.
2. Kiwanuka-DE-BC
3. Ngata-DT-Oregon
4. Brick-LT- UVA

I am in complete agreement with the top 2. I would put Huff and Jimmy Williams in their but I love us taking either DE.

I fully expect that unless Clements wakes up and give us a major discount based on his dismal season, he will be walking. In that case, a top CB would be a huge need.

Bmax
01-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Who ever we select he must provide an impact to the team.. You just don't see O-linemen doing that...But D-LINE WILL GIVE YOU A LIFT...Just look what shawn merriman did for san diego... I love Mario Williams but feel he could and will be gone . I think we have a greatshot at Kiwanuka....Impact ....that's what we should draft...

Ngata could provide it.......I think Jimmy Williams could be a great cover guy....But a pass rusher at de or a pocket collasping run stuffing dt would give even ordainary cb time in coverage...

BMAX...

losman2evans
01-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Kiper likes Tamba Hali from Penn State as the second best DE.

Thoughts?

FlyingDutchman
01-15-2006, 01:41 PM
1.Mario Williams
2.Brick
3.ngata

Id take a solid O-lineman if he really is that good. O-lineman have a longer shelf life and I think we could get a decent DT through FA. Look at Dewayne Robertson for NYJ's. He was taken very early and while being a solid player, he isnt doing anything spectacular. Than you look at someone like Robert Gallery for Oakland who has been solid in his first two years and IMO he will turn into a consistant Pro Bowler for years. Finding a solid left Tackle on the O-line is more important than DT, IMO. This is all assuming Mario Williams is gone.

TigerJ
01-15-2006, 03:28 PM
I've been leaning all along toward Ngata, then Brick, Mario Williams, and Kiwanuka in that order Free agency could change that priority list completely though.