PDA

View Full Version : We are the official Joke of ESPN...

TheWingHead
01-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Just this morning I was caught yet again listening to another joke segment making fun of us and our combined 167 year old Owner, Gm pair. Through the tears I did hear a segment that got me wondering, who, as a respected coach would come to Buffalo under their own power? We have an 87 year old owner who, not only lives in Detriot, but also wants to be part of the decision making process. Our old coach, was not fired but left, because he could not respect the front office... But you never know, we have the potential and maybe if we hired a HC that wasn't going to put up with them and really had the heart to shape this team up we could def be a contender.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Reality sucks, this team is a joke right now.

Bill Cody
01-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Must be a good joke- this thread is repeated three times.:funny:

ParanoidAndroid
01-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Mularkey was more forced to resign than many give Wilson credit for. He's a mean old SOB, but an old school gentleman of sorts. He put Mularkey in a no-win situation.
Marv is definately ready for this job and he is being trusted to make decisions.
ESPN is what it is...a media outlet. They try to make the news interesting. I don't think any prospective coach is going to think "Hey! If ESPN says bad things about Buffalo, then it must all be true." Marv is a HOF coach and RW is one of the last original team owners. That gets a team automatic respect.

Meathead
01-15-2006, 12:15 PM
i honestly am not worried

the bills have a solid base to build on in the front office and on the field

i think theyll be fine and have a good chance to compete for the playoffs next year

this is nothing like the broken teams we endured in the 80s

Historian
01-15-2006, 12:19 PM
i think theyll be fine and have a good chance to compete for the playoffs next year

Amen.

ParanoidAndroid
01-15-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm not gonna talk about playoffs just yet, but I'm confident that a turnaround has already begun.

FirstDownBills
01-15-2006, 12:29 PM

I second that :posrep:

Mr. Cynical
01-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Mularkey was more forced to resign than many give Wilson credit for. He's a mean old SOB, but an old school gentleman of sorts. He put Mularkey in a no-win situation.
Marv is definately ready for this job and he is being trusted to make decisions.
ESPN is what it is...a media outlet. They try to make the news interesting. I don't think any prospective coach is going to think "Hey! If ESPN says bad things about Buffalo, then it must all be true." Marv is a HOF coach and RW is one of the last original team owners. That gets a team automatic respect.

:goodpost:

footballhottie
01-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Every sports show has opened up to us but i have heard alot of good..marv is very respected.

Gunzlingr
01-15-2006, 01:07 PM
I like it. It further weeds out the fair weather fans.s

feelthepain
01-15-2006, 01:50 PM

What good would worrying do?? You have no control over the outcome of any decisions made, so for you to stress would just be a waste of energy. It's a good attitude, but I disagree the Bills have a solid base to build on. I think they have some talent but the biggest position on any team to start with is QB and thats far from solid IMO.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-15-2006, 02:11 PM
I like it. It further weeds out the fair weather fans.s

Let me get this straight crab man, because I don't like the way the organization has been going this offseason I am a fair weathered fan and I am going to be weeded out? How does that make sense?

Mr. Cynical
01-15-2006, 02:16 PM
I think they have some talent but the biggest position on any team to start with is QB and thats far from solid IMO.

:lmao:

This is absolutely priceless coming from a Fish fan.

FlyingDutchman
01-15-2006, 02:27 PM
What good would worrying do?? You have no control over the outcome of any decisions made, so for you to stress would just be a waste of energy. It's a good attitude, but I disagree the Bills have a solid base to build on. I think they have some talent but the biggest position on any team to start with is QB and thats far from solid IMO.

QB May not be solid but has potential and nowhere to go but up. Wait til we have a line to give JP time as well. If QB is the biggest place to start in your opinion than the Dolphins have a long way to go as well. Dont put too much hope into Sage freakin Rosendueshe. At least we've started the process.

AndreReed83
01-15-2006, 02:44 PM
How are we a joke, seriously? I don't get it. The only thing I could see are all those press conferences they called in a row.

You want a team who is a joke, look at the Jets. MAN, now that team is a joke.

Jan Reimers
01-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Why, because our GM isn't a 32 year old who wears his hat backwards? What the Hell does Marv's age have to do with anything, except in the minds of those idiots at ESPN who talk either like Surfer dudes, gansta' rappers, or MTV freaks.

I'm really sorry that age has become such a negative factor in the minds of so many people. Success, wisdom and knowledge are not limited to the under 40 crowd.

Ebenezer
01-15-2006, 03:08 PM
The joke is the situation that Mularkey was put in. I am by no means defending him but that will get around to other teams. Putting up with RW?? Please. The guy can be the original micromanager when he wants to be. How many quality HC are going to line up to work on the cheap for somebody like that?? It's not good folks. Let's see who they get to coach this train wreck before we think we are not a joke.

feelthepain
01-15-2006, 03:11 PM

PLease elaborate. I can't wait to hear this bias uneducated response.

!Papacrunk!
01-15-2006, 03:53 PM

Well, I guess from having lackluster QBs since Marino, we would have the best eye for trouble at the postion. I *think* it might be on Saban's "To Do List" this offseason. Maybe.

*cough*

:scooter:

TheWingHead
01-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Why, because our GM isn't a 32 year old who wears his hat backwards? What the Hell does Marv's age have to do with anything, except in the minds of those idiots at ESPN who talk either like Surfer dudes, gansta' rappers, or MTV freaks.
I'm really sorry that age has become such a negative factor in the minds of so many people. Success, wisdom and knowledge are not limited to the under 40 crowd.

I'm just pointing it out, I'm certainly not agreeing. And i want to hear the clip of Dan Patrick or Chris Berman talking liking gansta' rappers...

Nighthawk
01-15-2006, 04:26 PM

Holy *****! Phin fans are so clueless! Let me tell you something that may bring you back to earth. The Bills were the Phins last year...and you saw what happened this year. Oh yeah, you don't have a QB that is any better than what we have and definitely don't have one that will take you to the SB. Also, your OL is not that good...you guys beat up on a lot of losing teams (like the Bills) and beat the Patriots when they had nothing to play for in the last game...believe me, the Phins WOULD have lost that last game if Brady and the starters play the whole game. So please don't come on this board and tell us that we look through the "rose colored glasses" when it is very apparent that the Phin fans are far from facing reality about their team. Do I think the Bills could turn it around next year with the right HC...umm, yeah, the Dolphins did it and they have a lot less talent on that team than is on the Bills roster. So don't be stupid and believe that your team is the only team in history of turning around a bad season and then becoming good the next year. Please, I know you have to have more smarts than that! :coocoo:

TheWingHead
01-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Holy *****! Phin fans are so clueless! Let me tell you something that may bring you back to earth. The Bills were the Phins last year...and you saw what happened this year. Oh yeah, you don't have a QB that is any better than what we have and definitely don't have one that will take you to the SB. Also, your OL is not that good...you guys beat up on a lot of losing teams (like the Bills) and beat the Patriots when they had nothing to play for in the last game...believe me, the Phins WOULD have lost that last game if Brady and the starters play the whole game. So please don't come on this board and tell us that we look through the "rose colored glasses" when it is very apparent that the Phin fans are far from facing reality about their team. Do I think the Bills could turn it around next year with the right HC...umm, yeah, the Dolphins did it and they have a lot less talent on that team than is on the Bills roster. So don't be stupid and believe that your team is the only team in history of turning around a bad season and then becoming good the next year. Please, I know you have to have more smarts than that! :coocoo:

:goodpost: Amen.

feelthepain
01-15-2006, 05:14 PM

I don't care how you classify the Bills this year, The Dolphins won their games with talent and stop gap players finishing the season with 6 wins in a row. On D, our team is better then the Bills player for player except maybe one or two positions in the secondary and on O we are much more talented so where you get the Bills are more talented is beyond me. The two teams played the same schedule and we won our last six and the Bills didn't.

The Dolphins upgraded nearly every coaching position on the team. We will also be anywhere form 15 to 25 million under the salary cap. The Bills didn't and won't. We have a HC thats been a winner everywhere he's been the Bills don't. The Dolphins have a probowl WR this year and without an Oline and a QB you don't have a probowl WR. The Bills fired their GM because he didn't do his job bringing in the talent needed to win!!Theses are all facts!!

2005 Miami O stats: Rushing-12/Passing-16/scoring-16/overall-16.
Not that good?? I don't think you have a clue what your talking about!!
Miami beat Dever/Pats/Carolina...in your opinion losers?? The education of Bill fans, Priceless!!All three playoff teams we still won six other games and good teams win the games they are supposed to win. Miami did that most of the year.I also believe Miami was near the top of the list for giving up the fewest sacks. So all your rambling comes with "NO FACTS" and very little education, if any. You're a very unbias Billfan!

Nublar7
01-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Reality sucks, this team is a joke right now.Good Post. :bf1:

Nighthawk
01-15-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't care how you classify the Bills this year, The Dolphins won their games with talent and stop gap players finishing the season with 6 wins in a row. On D, our team is better then the Bills player for player except maybe one or two positions in the secondary and on O we are much more talented so where you get the Bills are more talented is beyond me. The two teams played the same schedule and we won our last six and the Bills didn't.

The Dolphins upgraded nearly every coaching position on the team. We will also be anywhere form 15 to 25 million under the salary cap. The Bills didn't and won't. We have a HC thats been a winner everywhere he's been the Bills don't. The Dolphins have a probowl WR this year and without an Oline and a QB you don't have a probowl WR. The Bills fired their GM because he didn't do his job bringing in the talent needed to win!!Theses are all facts!!

2005 Miami O stats: Rushing-12/Passing-16/scoring-16/overall-16.
Not that good?? I don't think you have a clue what your talking about!!
Miami beat Dever/Pats/Carolina...in your opinion losers?? The education of Bill fans, Priceless!!All three playoff teams we still won six other games and good teams win the games they are supposed to win. Miami did that most of the year.I also believe Miami was near the top of the list for giving up the fewest sacks. So all your rambling comes with "NO FACTS" and very little education, if any. You're a very unbias Billfan!

There is no doubt that the Phins were better than the Bills this year, but to say that they will definitely be better next year...then, I'm sorry, your the uneducated moron! Go back to last year and I'd bet my left nut that there were Bills fans on here stating how much better we were than the Phins and what happened? Oh yeah, the Bills tanked this year and the Phins went on the exact same run the Bills did last year and don't try to tell me that it was different for the Phins than it was for the Bills last year. So, please, stop coming on this board and whining about how biased Bills fans are when you spew crap about the Dolphins that is just as biased...it's called being a fan. Now shut up and get a clue!

DaBills
01-15-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm not worried that we're screwed as a team. A month ago? Yes, if nothing changed. Already we've made some moves.

But as for ESPN...

"Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
I'm just pointing it out, I'm certainly not agreeing. And i want to hear the clip of Dan Patrick or Chris Berman talking liking gansta' rappers..."

Jan's got a good point though. I believe ESPN and <i>especially</i> ESPN the mag have a bias towards old-school in flava of the new-school. Especially their mag, which is 200% Playa-Friendly in everything they write and report. Steven A. and Stuart Scott are apologists for the worst behavior by today’s athletes. They could find a good side to Hitler.

And Stuart needs to step down off the high-horse and stop giving out so much playa-love. I have no respect for those guys when they'll excuse Kobe in a TV special on why the break-up between him, Shaq and Phil wasn't his fault, let alone give 'props' to a rapist like Bryant. I recognize the skillz, but that doesn't excuse his behavior. Be objective and call it both ways ref. And that's just one example.

They do that **** all the time with news stories. Even when Stu's boy Michael Irvin was in trouble recently. "It wasn't Irvin's fault the cops found a pipe. Fans just don't understand." Yeah right. They need someone old school like Ditka on the show to matriculate a few smacks to their head.

Dan Patrick and Berman are the exceptions of course. They don't talk gangsta for sure. And if it wasn’t for Berman, the Bills would never get a positive mention over the years. He always seemed to have props for Kelly, but for the rest of EPSN? We are their punchline.

Michael82
01-15-2006, 08:48 PM

Great post, man! :bf1:

tat2dmike77
01-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm not worried that we're screwed as a team. A month ago? Yes, if nothing changed. Already we've made some moves.

But as for ESPN...

"Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
I'm just pointing it out, I'm certainly not agreeing. And i want to hear the clip of Dan Patrick or Chris Berman talking liking gansta' rappers..."

Jan's got a good point though. I believe ESPN and especially ESPN the mag have a bias towards old-school in flava of the new-school. Especially their mag, which is 200% Playa-Friendly in everything they write and report. Steven A. and Stuart Scott are apologists for the worst behavior by today’s athletes. They could find a good side to Hitler.

And Stuart needs to step down off the high-horse and stop giving out so much playa-love. I have no respect for those guys when they'll excuse Kobe in a TV special on why the break-up between him, Shaq and Phil wasn't his fault, let alone give 'props' to a rapist like Bryant. I recognize the skillz, but that doesn't excuse his behavior. Be objective and call it both ways ref. And that's just one example.

They do that **** all the time with news stories. Even when Stu's boy Michael Irvin was in trouble recently. "It wasn't Irvin's fault the cops found a pipe. Fans just don't understand." Yeah right. They need someone old school like Ditka on the show to matriculate a few smacks to their head.

Dan Patrick and Berman are the exceptions of course. They don't talk gangsta for sure. And if it wasn’t for Berman, the Bills would never get a positive mention over the years. He always seemed to have props for Kelly, but for the rest of EPSN? We are their punchline.

Agreed for years ESPN has always made fun of buffalo. Let's not just limit this to the bills. I know this is a bills forum but they hate on the sabres to. When the sabres were tearing up the league they would show the highlights towards the end of the show.

But you know what screw ESPN. We as fans know who up there has been giving buffalo it's respect. It sure ain't stuart "lazy eye" scott or steven "Angry black man" smith. Hell no but they will get down and lick tom bradys sack.

Point is it doesn't matter the age of our GM. Hell look at how dick vermeil was in KC and ESPN never cracked on him. So i say screw ESPN and let's just see how it plays out.

feelthepain
01-15-2006, 11:11 PM
There is no doubt that the Phins were better than the Bills this year, but to say that they will definitely be better next year...then, I'm sorry, your the uneducated moron! Go back to last year and I'd bet my left nut that there were Bills fans on here stating how much better we were than the Phins and what happened? Oh yeah, the Bills tanked this year and the Phins went on the exact same run the Bills did last year and don't try to tell me that it was different for the Phins than it was for the Bills last year. So, please, stop coming on this board and whining about how biased Bills fans are when you spew crap about the Dolphins that is just as biased...it's called being a fan. Now shut up and get a clue!

Miami has had a winning season 16 out of the last 17 years!!! We don't have back to back losing season's, hell we usualy don't have losing seasons, if anything last year for the fins was a fluke!! Besides, Nick Saban won't be an idiot and release, or trade players without upgrading the position like TD did to the Bills last year....Moron!

Iehoshua
01-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Miami has had a winning season 16 out of the last 17 years!!! We don't have back to back losing season's, hell we usualy don't have losing seasons, if anything last year for the fins was a fluke!! Besides, Nick Saban won't be an idiot and release, or trade players without upgrading the position like TD did to the Bills last year....Moron! Attack post, not poster.

:banned: this individual, por favor.

AndreReed83
01-16-2006, 12:22 AM
I remember that when the Sabres and Sens declared for bankruptcy the same season, ESPN showed the highlights with a display that "Bankruptcy Bowl!" **** you ESPN, people lost JOBS because of that.

gr8slayer
01-16-2006, 07:39 AM
Good Post. :bf1:
Dont get too far ahead of yourself. Your team is still just as laughable as ours is.

feelthepain
01-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Dont get too far ahead of yourself. Your team is still just as laughable as ours is.

Well you really would like to believe that wouldn't you. Everyone but Bill fans think Miami is headed in the right direction and I've read a lot of positive things about the direction of the fins from many non Miami based sources. I think your best bet to share the misery of another poor season will be the Jets not the Fins. So as much as you Bill fans hate the Fins you'll just have to deal with it. The Fins will be better then the Bills next year and probably for the next several years. You guy's don't even have a HC right now, much less a good one.

Nublar7
01-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Dont get too far ahead of yourself. Your team is still just as laughable as ours is.lol

footballhottie
01-16-2006, 10:29 AM
All fin fans need to STFU, we have problems of our own right now. Yall just go back to miami and resume sticking things up your asses.

ublinkwescore
01-16-2006, 10:32 AM
That's hot!!!

footballhottie
01-16-2006, 10:37 AM
UB made me cry :teary:

Historian
01-16-2006, 10:44 AM
ESPN is a shell of it's former self.

Broadcasting idiots playing poker as opposed to NHL Hockey is one of the reasons that comes to mind.

tat2dmike77
01-16-2006, 10:46 AM
All fin fans need to STFU, we have problems of our own right now. Yall just go back to miami and resume sticking things up your asses.

They enjoy sticking things up thier asses

feelthepain
01-16-2006, 10:48 AM

Wow, I somehow feel violated!!:drool2:

tat2dmike77
01-16-2006, 10:49 AM
ESPN is a shell of it's former self.

Broadcasting idiots playing poker as opposed to NHL Hockey is one of the reasons that comes to mind.

Your right!

But for some reason poker is more popular then hockey. I dunno how it happened or even why it happened. I think it's just a pure who has the bigger balls kind of game. I mean it doens't take any real skill. But ESPN wants to serve up whats popular at the moment. I'm still wondering why there are celebrity poker video games? Go and figure that one out and if you can please explain it to me.

Nighthawk
01-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Miami has had a winning season 16 out of the last 17 years!!! We don't have back to back losing season's, hell we usualy don't have losing seasons, if anything last year for the fins was a fluke!! Besides, Nick Saban won't be an idiot and release, or trade players without upgrading the position like TD did to the Bills last year....Moron!

I see how educated we are...you have to call names when you just don't get it. You guys (Miami fans) are the most overrated, uneducated fans in the NFL. Hey, how come I see all those orange seats in your stadium every Sunday if you guys are such GREAT fans? Please, spare me with you your drivel...support your team, but don't be blind! :shakeno:

G. Host
01-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Must be a good joke- this thread is repeated three times.:funny:

it is repeated three times so neg rep :negrep: can be given three times

feelthepain
01-16-2006, 06:21 PM
I see how educated we are...you have to call names when you just don't get it. You guys (Miami fans) are the most overrated, uneducated fans in the NFL. Hey, how come I see all those orange seats in your stadium every Sunday if you guys are such GREAT fans? Please, spare me with you your dribble...support your team, but don't be blind! :shakeno:

Do you read or are you selective as to what you read?? I called him a Moron because he called me a Moron.:tip: BTW it's drivel, not dribble!! You dribble a basketball!!

Ebenezer
01-16-2006, 06:24 PM
want to not be the joke??? win some games...or get rid of RW (which is not going to happen).

Nighthawk
01-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Do you read or are you selective as to what you read?? I called him a Moron because he called me a Moron.:tip: BTW it's drivel, not dribble!! You dribble a basketball!!

I hate to agree with you, but finally something we do agree upon! I fudged up and meant to say drivel...not dribble. Oops...hey, I have 8 month old daughter, I'm a little slow sometimes! :peace:

feelthepain
01-16-2006, 08:35 PM
I hate to agree with you, but finally something we do agree upon! I fudged up and meant to say drivel...not dribble. Oops...hey, I have 8 month old daughter, I'm a little slow sometimes! :peace:

No problem it happens. Congrats on the daughter. I have two kids, a son 17 and daughter 13. I've been there, done that.

Luisito23
01-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Man the hell with ESPEEN....

Buffalo will NEVER be a joke...

GO BILLS!!!!!