PDA

View Full Version : Jets and Texans

ebill00
01-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Just saw on Fox's sports ticker that Mangini to coach Jets & Kubiak to coach Texans

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Just saw on Fox's sports ticker that Mangini to coach Jets & Kubiak to coach Texans

I saw that also, How can the Texans name Kubiak coach :question: he's still coaching with Denver I thought the rule was that you couldn't talk or name a coach until the season is over for that team.

AndreReed83
01-15-2006, 05:45 PM
The Kubiak thing was named yesterday. I believe you can now set up an appointment at the approval of the other team to interview assistants.

Nublar7
01-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Good move by the Texans, yet I am not really sure about the Jets hiring Mangini. Sure he is from the Belichick tree, but he only has been an NFL coordinator for one year and he turns 35 next Thursday. Way to soon to become an NFL head coach.

Bill Brasky
01-15-2006, 05:52 PM
I saw that also, How can the Texans name Kubiak coach :question: he's still coaching with Denver I thought the rule was that you couldn't talk or name a coach until the season is over for that team.

You mean like last season when Charlie Weiss was named the new head coach for Notre Dame?

Happens all the time.

NYJ hiring Mangini all but seals the deal on Haslett here.

Bill Brasky
01-15-2006, 05:57 PM
I am not really sure about the Jets hiring Mangini. Sure he is from the Belichick tree, but he only has been an NFL coordinator for one year and he turns 35 next Thursday. Way to soon to become an NFL head coach.
Yeah, but Buffalo is full of morons.

I guess it is wiser to go with the 35 year old who did an average job at best for 1 season instead of the 80 year old hall of famer with decades worth of football related experience and wisdom.

Thank god the Jets have taken over Buffalo's job of hiring inexperienced coordinators from "good coaching systems".

Let those idiots toil in misery for years before they learn the hard way like Buffalo did.

Nublar7
01-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah, but Buffalo is full of morons.

I guess it is wiser to go with the 35 year old who did an average job at best for 1 season instead of the 80 year old hall of famer with decades worth of football related experience and wisdom.

Thank god the Jets have taken over Buffalo's job of hiring inexperienced coordinators from "good coaching systems".

Let those idiots toil in misery for years before they learn the hard way like Buffalo did.Actually, both ways are wrong. Mangini is too inexperienced, and Marv is not a long-term answer at GM. Heck, he may only be able to be with the team a year or two at that age. That is why teams usually go after people with experience and who aren't talking to the Grim Reaper. Those type of people are usually in the range of 45-60.

Michael82
01-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Poor Belichick is going to lose another strong coach. :snicker:

:lolpoint: Bill "Whiny" Belichick

He kept begging Mangini to not go to the Jets. It looks like Mangini decided to tell Belichick to go **** himself. :rofl:

ebill00
01-15-2006, 08:49 PM
He's afraid of facing the Jets with Mangini at the helm twice a year. Does this make Mangini a better\scarier opponent than Bledsoe?