PDA

View Full Version : Steve Smith - player

DaBills
01-15-2006, 06:39 PM
I know how Brady or Manning were supposed to be the guys in the playoffs, but Delhomme and the Panthers would be nowhere without Smith. He's like a cross between Andre Reed across the middle and Loften/Moulds deep. This guy is unstoppable. Forget Moss or TO. Gimmee this guy.

Michael82
01-15-2006, 09:10 PM
If he bulks up a little bit, we might have this guy in Roscoe Parrish. :pray:

ArcticWildMan
01-15-2006, 09:16 PM
I like your optimism Mikey but Roscoe has to do a lot more than just bulk up. Roscoe needs to learn the NFL ropes and we can evaluate him in 2 more years.

Bill Brasky
01-15-2006, 09:23 PM
I know how Brady or Manning were supposed to be the guys in the playoffs, but Delhomme and the Panthers would be nowhere without Smith. He's like a cross between Andre Reed across the middle and Loften/Moulds deep. This guy is unstoppable. Forget Moss or TO. Gimmee this guy.

Thank you for the analysis Sean Salisbury.

Michael82
01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
I like your optimism Mikey but Roscoe has to do a lot more than just bulk up. Roscoe needs to learn the NFL ropes and we can evaluate him in 2 more years.
Steve Smith didn't start out as a stud. He was a solid punt returner and then got more reps at receiver and after a couple years, started kicking ass.

I really like Roscoe Parrish. This year, he was hobbled with the wrist injury. So you guys never saw him like I did at camp when he wasn't wearing the cast. He was the best receiver on the field at times. He had an awesome camp and Losman was really in sync with him. :clap:

ArcticWildMan
01-15-2006, 09:36 PM
I like him too but he has a long way to go before he is another Steve Smith.

don137
01-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I live about 3 miles from Smith...In the spring I coached my son's soccer team and we practiced on the field next to where Smith coached his son's team..He is very small just like Parrish. Smith has this mental toughness that many receiver's do not have. Parrish can become another Smith if he can get mental tough. Smith said he is more intimated changing his kids diapers than he does DBs. He dropped only 6 balls during the regular season. Santana Moss is also small and he is oneof the better receivers in the league. I hope Parrish can grow as a receiver like those two. Time will tell...

don137
01-15-2006, 09:48 PM
I live about 3 miles from Smith...In the spring I coached my son's soccer team and we practiced on the field next to where Smith coached his son's team..He is very small just like Parrish. Smith has this mental toughness that many receiver's do not have. Parrish can become another Smith if he can get mental tough. Smith said he is more intimated changing his kids diapers than he does DBs. He dropped only 6 balls during the regular season. Santana Moss is also small and he is oneof the better receivers in the league. I hope Parrish can grow as a receiver like those two. Time will tell...

Tatonka
01-15-2006, 11:06 PM
while i like steve smith as a playmaker and had him on all my fantasy teams this year.. let us not forget that he sent one of his fellow receivers (a teammate) to the hospital with a broken jaw.. he punched him repeatedly during a wr's meeting because the other guy laughed at him.. i will see if i can find the article..

steve smith was no better than romanowski for a while there.. just a hot head ******* who only gave a **** about himself..

i like the guy as a player.. but i have always thought he seemed like a *****.

Tatonka
01-15-2006, 11:11 PM
His own teammate and fellow wideout, Muhsin Muhammad, called Smith a “hothead.” This is hardly breaking news. In 2002, during his second year, he beat up a teammate, Anthony Bright. What took the incident out of the normal realm of intrasquad combat was that it didn’t happen on the practice field in the heat of a contact drill but in the film room.

Smith says he is the product of where he grew up, in the tough environs of Los Angeles. He says he’s calmer, but he also says he’s not going to change to suit anyone’s idea of what he should be.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4088975/

DaBills
01-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Scratch him off Marv's list then.

;-p

don137
01-16-2006, 06:35 AM
while i like steve smith as a playmaker and had him on all my fantasy teams this year.. let us not forget that he sent one of his fellow receivers (a teammate) to the hospital with a broken jaw.. he punched him repeatedly during a wr's meeting because the other guy laughed at him.. i will see if i can find the article..
steve smith was no better than romanowski for a while there.. just a hot head ******* who only gave a **** about himself..
i like the guy as a player.. but i have always thought he seemed like a *****.

He truly has come a long way since that incident. When that haapened I thought Smith should be cut but it is amazing how much he has matured as a person since that incident. His teammates and coaches all say how much he has matured as a perso the last couple years.

Ickybaluky
01-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Whether or not he is a nice guy, he is a great player. I think part of what makes him great is the edge he plays with, so you can criticize his hot-headed attitude but that is a big part of his game.

I thought that was an all-time great performance by a WR. The guy had 6 plays of 20 or more yards against a Chicago team that led the league in giving up the fewest plays of that length. One of the best performances ever.

gr8slayer
01-16-2006, 07:10 AM
The guy is truly amazing. BTW, what a player does off the field means nothing as long as he isnt getting arrested. People forget that these guys arent paid to be model citizens, they are paid to play football. As long as he keeps doing that well he will continue to pick up a pay check.