PDA

View Full Version : All of the teams left have balance.

ICE74129
01-15-2006, 09:15 PM
There is no such thing as a 'Power running game'. Sorry folks, not in quite awhile. Athletes are too damn good on defense to just line up and run it every down.

You must have BALANCE. All 4 teams can throw and run the ball effectively well. All 4 have damn good LINES on both sides of the ball. Immagine that.

We must get a HC in here that understands that and can convince marv to clean house on several of the veterans on staff, and bring in some real talent and set up this team to have that type of balance.

G. Host
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Will Carolina be able to run the ball without Steven Foster who has a broken ankle? We will find out just how good he is like we did Pittsburgh's backup-backup RB Willie Parker in final game of 2004 season.

Historian
01-16-2006, 06:54 AM
I agree on balance, but did you see what Bettis did in the second half woth fresh legs?

Indy couldn't score, because they couldn't get the ball.

Ickybaluky
01-16-2006, 07:09 AM
I thought Pittsburgh had a great gameplan. They threw the ball early on to get the lead, and it took Indy out of their game. Indy ended up with only 14 rushes all day, because they were playing catch-up from the start.

Ben Roethlisberger has impressed the hell out of me these last couple weeks. A kid who won't turn 24 until March playing great in back-to-back games on the road in the playoffs. He could be writing quite a legacy if he keeps this up.

gr8slayer
01-16-2006, 07:27 AM
No power running game? Pittsburgh and Carolina have been nothing but power running teams all year. Just because they dont follow the same game plan ONE game does not mean they suddenly arent a power running team anymore.

ICE74129
01-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Will Carolina be able to run the ball without Steven Foster who has a broken ankle? We will find out just how good he is like we did Pittsburgh's backup-backup RB Willie Parker in final game of 2004 season.

Well I know who Stephen Davis is and I know who Deshawn Foster is, but not stephen foster :lmao:

And Yes Nick Going will do very well. I also look for them to activate the rookie they drafted this year plus sign a street FA if need be.

ICE74129
01-16-2006, 07:39 AM
No power running game? Pittsburgh and Carolina have been nothing but power running teams all year. Just because they dont follow the same game plan ONE game does not mean they suddenly arent a power running team anymore.

Let me say this again, I have watched every Panthers game since they started in this league, they are NOT a 'power' running team. There is no such thing. The old term 'Power running' Meant you threw the ball about 10 per game if that. It doesn't exist anymore.

This is a much over used saying and most don't understand it's meaning. Teams like pittsburgh (even moreso than Carolina) run the ball as much, to slightly more than they pass. It is how they run it, when they run it and how effective they run it that deems them 'power' running teams.

THATHURMANATOR
01-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Let me say this again, I have watched every Panthers game since they started in this league, they are NOT a 'power' running team. There is no such thing. The old term 'Power running' Meant you threw the ball about 10 per game if that. It doesn't exist anymore.

This is a much over used saying and most don't understand it's meaning. Teams like pittsburgh (even moreso than Carolina) run the ball as much, to slightly more than they pass. It is how they run it, when they run it and how effective they run it that deems them 'power' running teams.
Throwing 10 or less times a game??? I doubt that has happened in the last 25 years once...

ICE74129
01-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Throwing 10 or less times a game??? I doubt that has happened in the last 25 years once...

That is the point. The team was coined in the 70's over 30 years ago. But I will say I think Rothlesburger had a 12-14 toss game for a win. The Steelers are the closest thing to that description there is.

gr8slayer
01-16-2006, 08:44 AM
That is the point. The team was coined in the 70's over 30 years ago. But I will say I think Rothlesburger had a 12-14 toss game for a win. The Steelers are the closest thing to that description there is.
Have you played a freaking down of football in your life? There are many variations of a power running game. Just because you pass more than 40% of the time does not mean you arent a power running team.

ICE74129
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Have you played a freaking down of football in your life? There are many variations of a power running game. Just because you pass more than 40% of the time does not mean you arent a power running team.

Actually I still coach and we were very successful this year. So yeah, I started playing in 3rd grade and considering I am 37 now, I have considerable experience.