PDA

View Full Version : Manning threw his OL and coaches under the bus.

ICE74129
01-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Anyone catch his post game? Mike and Mike are ripping him and rightfully so. Sean Salsbury (sp) Was on and said his OL is sitting around having a beer going 'Did that SOB just do that?'

I agree with sean the scheme they came up with to protect the QB against the 3-4 sucked, but that is an excuse.

Peyton Manning will NEVER win a Superbowl.

He couldn't win the big one in College. He couldn't beat Florida, Win the SEC and never sniffed a national championship. He is a damn good NUMBERS QB. He will go in the HOF 10+ years from now for being #2 on the numbers lists.

This was all set up for him. Home field throughout. Team built for turf. Much improved Defense etc. He just can't do it in big games.

THATHURMANATOR
01-16-2006, 08:24 AM
I won't say he will never win one but he does always choke in the big one!

don137
01-16-2006, 08:39 AM
The loss really can fall a lot on his shoulders. He was stupid to throw downfield on 3rd and two instead of doing a run or short pass on third and two at the 29 yard line. They had plenty of time and 2 or 3 timeouts to work with.

gr8slayer
01-16-2006, 08:42 AM
He didnt throw anyone under the bus. His OL looked like our OL on a bad day.

ICE74129
01-16-2006, 09:02 AM
He didnt throw anyone under the bus. His OL looked like our OL on a bad day.

And in the media he threw them under the bus. Next year they ought to let him get his arse kicked.

Historian
01-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Colts fans (all 2000 of them) don't care.

In their minds he's an improvement over Jeff George.

:D

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-16-2006, 10:07 AM
this just goes to show you the importance of an o-line... our qb will look better with some solid help upfront... I dont care who ist is jp or ke

Tatonka
01-16-2006, 10:13 AM
what did he say? link?

Historian
01-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Something like...

We had some breakdowns in protection.

dolphinssuck
01-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Surprised he didnt do the same to Vanderjagdt like before when he called him an idiot kicker.

gr8slayer
01-16-2006, 11:23 AM
And in the media he threw them under the bus. Next year they ought to let him get his arse kicked.
Yeah because that is the smart thing to do when you are trying to win a SB. :hitself:

Tatonka
01-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Something like...
We had some breakdowns in protection.

seems like he was just being honest and telling the truth.. they had some major breakdowns in protection that cost them the game essentially.

ICE74129
01-16-2006, 12:23 PM
seems like he was just being honest and telling the truth.. they had some major breakdowns in protection that cost them the game essentially.

If you listen it was obvious he was pinning the loss on his OL. That is NEVER the right thing to do in public...NEVER.

ryjam282
01-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Right or wrong. Peyton is telling it like it is...When is the last time you saw a Colts statline that showed Manning getting 5 sacks? That never happens. A spade is a spade and he was just telling it like it is, IMO

dplus47
01-16-2006, 12:43 PM
If you listen it was obvious he was pinning the loss on his OL. That is NEVER the right thing to do in public...NEVER.

pinning it on the coaching staff as well. anywhere but himself. ah, leadership!

mchurchfie
01-16-2006, 12:45 PM
The Oline did have problems but when it came down to it he was the one that ultimately blew it. He got greedy on his final downs and tried to get big yardage instead of getting a first down and getting closer for at least the tying fieldgoal. He should take a good hard look at himself first before criticizing anyone else.

Mahdi
01-16-2006, 12:56 PM
The loss really can fall a lot on his shoulders. He was stupid to throw downfield on 3rd and two instead of doing a run or short pass on third and two at the 29 yard line. They had plenty of time and 2 or 3 timeouts to work with.
Thats what I really dont get. He should have been looking to get a first down. Although I have to give him credit for kicking the punt team off the field on 4th down and taking his team in for the touchdown, that took some serious guts. Peyton will win it eventually.

Bill Brasky
01-16-2006, 01:29 PM
did you guys watch the game?

i agree he played poorly, but come on... the guy was sacked 5 times... i think he was sacked only 14 times the whole season!

his OL choked worse than he did. there were gold and black jersey's in his backfield faster than Edge could get out of it!

kdharge
01-16-2006, 05:27 PM
You guys forget that this guy call all of the different audibles ...........He cant have it both ways he want to call the plays but dont want to be responsible when they dont work ............ If just being honest is what we want then he she be able to explain why he could never when the big one from college to nowe ....fact is he isnt a clutch Q.B. plain and simple ..........Just ask Tee Martin and his Championship ring after Peyton left Tenny.......................... He is what he is ..............the 2000 version of Dan Marino..............I dont want a Q.B. that can get to the Pro Browl I want a Q.B. that can lead his team to a Super Bowl ..........................:afro:

DaBills
01-16-2006, 09:19 PM
"Originally Posted by Billsology
Something like...
We had some breakdowns in protection."

Yeah, I mentioned it that night. I couldn't believe he said it either right after the game:

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here...but we had, uh, breakdowns in pass protection."

Freaking team had the fewest sacks during the season at 20, and he says that? Hey Peyton, I think there were breakdowns in your reads. I don't mind that you call out the line, but call out EVERYBODY including your own play or else stfu.

dplus47
01-17-2006, 02:37 PM
fact is he isnt a clutch Q.B. plain and simple ..........Just ask Tee Martin and his Championship ring after Peyton left Tenny.......................... He is what he is ..............the 2000 version of Dan Marino..............I dont want a Q.B. that can get to the Pro Browl I want a Q.B. that can lead his team to a Super Bowl ..........................:afro:

so that super bowl loss to the niners never happened? at least marino performed in the playoffs. check the colts' average points scored, regular season vs. playoffs. manning dosn't even show up. the marino comparison is far from valid. i would expect fans of the team that kept him from going to a few more super bowls would know the guy was a gamer. far, far from a guy who should play the regular season and sit out for the playoffs.

dplus47
01-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah because that is the smart thing to do when you are trying to win a SB. :hitself:

it's a really great recruiting tool for free agents, both the ones you're trying to retain and the ones coming in from the outside. "i get paid more than all of you combined, i take all the credit when it goes right, and i pass the buck when it doesn't..." actually, that is what does pass for leadership these days, isn't it?

dplus47
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
someone at theganggreen made a great point about manning: "i have my doubts about his being able to go down to gainesville and win NOW..." LOL.

AndreReed83
01-17-2006, 03:12 PM

It wasn't obvious to me. Knowing Manning, if he was going to pin the loss on the O-line, he would have come out and said it was their fault. Protection problems comes back to the O-line, the TE's, the RB's, the WR's, the coaches, and even himself, seeing as he makes numerous changes and calls at the line.

Speaking of the O-line, Sean Salisbury can suggest that the O-line spend all summer drinking beer and get pissed at Manning. They can let him "have it" next year. But what good will that do? Even if Manning did mean the O-line alone, which he didn't, he was telling the truth, they SUCKED. Instead of pissing and moaning about their QB telling the truth, they should get past their egos and work harder next year.

-edit- and before anyone lambasts me about about not pinning any blame on Manning. I said in another thread that he blew it big on the 2nd and 2 and the 3rd and 2. First one, he had Dallas Clark wide open 5 yards away from him with about 15 yards of running room. Second one, he had James wide open in the flats for an easy 5 yards and just one break tackle away from many more.

Typ0
01-17-2006, 03:41 PM
This really speaks to the problem with the Colts. Peyton Manning must be put in his place. He's treated like a godsend and has way too much power for a QB.

dplus47
01-17-2006, 06:22 PM
It wasn't obvious to me. Knowing Manning, if he was going to pin the loss on the O-line, he would have come out and said it was their fault.

when you preface something with "i'm trying to be a good teammate, BUT..." there is a good chance you're not being a good teammate. it's not about any of his teammates. he calls the play at the line. he calls out the protection at the line. he overrules the coaching staff if they want to punt and he doesn't. it's all him. do you really think that if the coaching staff had made adjustments with a lot of screens and draws to counteract the pressure, do you think peyton would have just run the plays the coaches called?

dplus47
01-17-2006, 06:26 PM
This really speaks to the problem with the Colts. Peyton Manning must be put in his place. He's treated like a godsend and has way too much power for a QB.

true. and the only cure for that is a coach the guy respects. i can only think of one football coach he might respect, and new england isn't accepting offers.

relentless
01-17-2006, 07:31 PM
It wasn't obvious to me. Knowing Manning, if he was going to pin the loss on the O-line, he would have come out and said it was their fault. Protection problems comes back to the O-line, the TE's, the RB's, the WR's, the coaches, and even himself, seeing as he makes numerous changes and calls at the line.

Speaking of the O-line, Sean Salisbury can suggest that the O-line spend all summer drinking beer and get pissed at Manning. They can let him "have it" next year. But what good will that do? Even if Manning did mean the O-line alone, which he didn't, he was telling the truth, they SUCKED. Instead of pissing and moaning about their QB telling the truth, they should get past their egos and work harder next year.

-edit- and before anyone lambasts me about about not pinning any blame on Manning. I said in another thread that he blew it big on the 2nd and 2 and the 3rd and 2. First one, he had Dallas Clark wide open 5 yards away from him with about 15 yards of running room. Second one, he had James wide open in the flats for an easy 5 yards and just one break tackle away from many more.

Any quality leader that seeks to motivate his team publicly should first address himself and then those who he needs to motivate. :peace: