Can anyone explain to me why you want Jim Haslett as HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Can anyone explain to me why you want Jim Haslett as HC?

Since all we have to judge him on is his stint in NO. Why would you even
    consider him over Mike Sherman?

Career Record
    YEARTEAMGWLTPCTPOSTWPOSTL
    2005New Orleans Saints163130.188----
    2004New Orleans Saints16880.500----
    2003New Orleans Saints16880.500----
    2002New Orleans Saints16970.563----
    2001New Orleans Saints16790.438----
    2000New Orleans Saints161060.62511
    CAREER6 years9645510.46911

WIN 45 | LOSS 51

I will be so disappointed if Haslett is hired.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Can anyone explain to me why you want Jim Haslett as HC?

Let's look at Sherman's record:

Career Record
    2005Green Bay Packers164120.250----
    2004Green Bay Packers161060.62501
    2003Green Bay Packers161060.62511
    2002Green Bay Packers161240.75001
    2001Green Bay Packers161240.75011
    2000Green Bay Packers16970.563----
    CAREER6 years9657390.59424

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

period.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Dude you don't understand. Because Jim Haslett was a probowl LB here that = Automatic Success as a HC. Haven't you figured out Buffalo and it's fanbase yet?

It doesn't matter that his teams got worse, that he sucked as a HC and just like MM he lost his locker room this year. Just because he is a 'Buffalo Boy' that is good enough.

I look at Mike Sherman, Al Saunders and even Sean Payton well before Haslett.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Sherman also had the luxury of having Brett Favre.

Comment

• hydro014
            • May 2004

We'll i can tell you that i dont like Sherman. He had a bunch of pro bowlers the last few years in the weakest division and still could get far in the playoffs. The only two reason IMO that he even went to the playoff was b/c Farve and they had DET, CHI and MIN in their division. At least he had players to work with, Haslett had to deal with sub-par managment, sub-par players and Kitrina this year.

I am not a fan of bringing Haslett in hear to be our HC, but I like him better than Sherman. Here is some other info on what Packers fans thought about Sherman, and look at ESPN approval ratings of the two, Sherman was one of the lowest in the league last year:

Here is Hasletts approval ratings.
            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sports...ach?coachId=15

Here is Shermans Approval ratings:
            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sports...ach?coachId=26

Mike Mularkeys:

Another thing that i dont like about Sherman is his play calling, like MM, he has had some issues with play calling this year.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

That's not to say he is a bad coach by any means. But when you have Aaron Brooks how can you win?

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

I don't want Haslett for the same reason this thread was started. I'm not high on Sherman either, for the reason's Hydro pointed out.

Definitely don't want Norv Turner, or Mike Tice, or Mike Martz, or basically anyone who was recently fired - 'cuz they all deserved to get fired this year.

I want Bobby April. He wants to move up, he's proven he can handle the coordinator job well. He seems to be well liked by everyone in and out of the organization. April comes from the same coaching roots as Marv does. Plus, he already knows who's who and what's what on the team. He's in the best position to tweak this team out of any other candidate not already wearing Stripy on the left breast of his sweater.
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Bmax
                  • Aug 2003

I know it's hard for some of you to understand so .. i will be simple NO ROOKIE HEAD COACHES...Got it thanks.....

That's the way ralph and the bills players feel.....A guy with experience really helps the bills...He doesn't have to guess he knows... It's all about relationship when it comes to hiring people . You are generally more comfortable with people you know. I have gotten most of my jobs in the past twenty years by knowing someone inside the compaines i worked for. Or someone recommended me..

Ralph likes haslett...He always has .. the only issue will be money.. And if we can split the first years salary with NO then we may have no problems..Sherman will also command big bucks... So i just can't see ralph who wants to win now, investing time and money on a unproven coach or someone he is not comfortable with. I may be wrong but it seems haslet will be the guy especially since he is no longer a finalist in NY or Detriot.. It could be worst we could be looking at Mike Tice....

BMAX

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by imbondz
                    Since all we have to judge him on is his stint in NO. Why would you even
                    consider him over Mike Sherman?

Career Record
                    2005New Orleans Saints163130.188----
                    2004New Orleans Saints16880.500----
                    2003New Orleans Saints16880.500----
                    2002New Orleans Saints16970.563----
                    2001New Orleans Saints16790.438----
                    2000New Orleans Saints161060.62511
                    CAREER6 years9645510.46911

WIN 45 | LOSS 51

I will be so disappointed if Haslett is hired.
                    You can't include this past year with all that happened. Vince Lombardi wouldn't have made a difference. So, his career record is really 42-38...a winning record.

He has only had Blake and Brooks as his QBs since being the coach. Talk about garbage. I don't know how much input he had on Brooks, but even if he did lobby to get him, it is the GM's ultimate responsibility, not the HC.

So IMO, Haz is a legit choice. Is he my favorite? No, Cowher, Gruden, Belichick, Fox or Lewis would be my favorites. But that ain't happening so we have to lower our standards a bit. Haz or Sherman are at the bottom of the first tier coaches but leaps above MM.

Comment

• Wolffman
                      • Jul 2004

Look at playoff wins. Haslett had only 1, but Sherman 2. And thats WITH Farve, Green, etc.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Haslett has HC experience. He had nothing to work with in NO. None of the other options are all that stellar, either.

Also, how many NE fans really wanted Bellicheck after the disaster in Cleveland? If a coach doesn't have a decent GM/org behind him and talent to work with, it's impossible to judge them. I'm not saying that Haslett is the next Bellicheck- just pointing out that you can't judge an artist's work if the only art supplies they have are Crayolas and napkins.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• imbondz
                          Democrats are people too
                          • Jan 2003

BS!

then let's bring back Wade Phillips - 29-9 record, 2 playoff births, never had a losing season in Buffalo.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
                            BS!

then let's bring back Wade Phillips - 29-9 record, 2 playoff births, never had a losing season in Buffalo.
                            is there any doubt that he'd be an upgrade over Mularkey? Hell, I would have even taken Gregg Williams back as long as Gilbride didn't come with him.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

He has HC'ing experience. That's a plus. But he's led an undisciplined, underachieving team. Sounds like our man.

Comment

Working...
                              X