PDA

View Full Version : Peter King on Bills FO/Coach search

Ickybaluky
01-16-2006, 12:08 PM
From MMQB (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/01/16/mmqb.real/4.html):

After talking to Buffalo GM Marv Levy, I'm thinking there might be a bit of a learning curve for him. When Levy took the job, he told owner Ralph Wilson, 'I've never done this before. I've got a lot to learn.'' Those can't be comforting words for Bills Nation. I'll tell you what Levy can do that would help the coaches he hires: Be the buffer between Wilson and the head coach. Let's just say that Wilson's phone calls to Tom Donahoe and the last couple of Bills coaches -- sometimes many calls per day -- took up a lot of time that could have been used for football. I asked Levy what he was looking for in a head coach. "Let's see,'' he said. "Vince Lombardi? I'm not looking for a defensive guy or an offensive guy. I'm looking for the best coach.''

King says Levy doesn't know who will be the coach, but says he (King) would guess Jim Haslett.

ryjam282
01-16-2006, 12:12 PM
I don't really care who it is, I just want someone with experience. I will support them for at least a season no matter who it is. I just hate watching a playoff game and a rookie coach lose and the media says " well, the other coach had playoff experience" Just get me someone that knows a little but of what is going on.

JJamezz
01-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Of COURSE!!! THAT'S why TD and the last 2 coaches failed! It was Ralph's phone calls!! Oh, I'm SOO sorry Mr. Donohoe - far be it for a boss to want to check up on and, God forbid, SPEAK to the people running his operation into the ground...

King and all his ESPN buddies can cut the BS now, stop defending TD's honor and STFU........

ICE74129
01-16-2006, 12:21 PM
I don't really care who it is, I just want someone with experience. I will support them for at least a season no matter who it is. I just hate watching a playoff game and a rookie coach lose and the media says " well, the other coach had playoff experience" Just get me someone that knows a little but of what is going on.

John Fox didn't have any experience and his panthers are on the verge of two superbowls in 3 years. HC experience is WAY over rated.

Mr. Cynical
01-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Of COURSE!!! THAT'S why TD and the last 2 coaches failed! It was Ralph's phone calls!! Oh, I'm SOO sorry Mr. Donohoe - far be it for a boss to want to check up on and, God forbid, SPEAK to the people running his operation into the ground...

King and all his ESPN buddies can cut the BS now, stop defending TD's honor and STFU........

:bf1:

Wilson will stop calling when coaches start WINNING.

Michael82
01-16-2006, 12:28 PM

Thank you. I am getting soo sick of the ESPN crew and their constant bashing of the Bills since their butt buddy, Tom Donahoe was fired. They are just upset because they can't get easy inside sources anymore. :wail:

ryjam282
01-16-2006, 12:31 PM
John Fox didn't have any experience and his panthers are on the verge of two superbowls in 3 years. HC experience is WAY over rated.

For every John Fox there is 10 Lovie Smith's out there backing up the statement.

JJamezz
01-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Thank you. I am getting soo sick of the ESPN crew and their constant bashing of the Bills since their butt buddy, Tom Donahoe was fired. They are just upset because they can't get easy inside sources anymore. :wail:

And thats another very good point - how much actual inside info do these guys have now that TD is gone? Seems to me their *guesses* may be as good as ours at this point.

RedEyE
01-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Peter King is a complete moron. He's right up there with Collinsworth in my book. Lots of gab, mostly speculation and opinion, and very little fact.

tat2dmike77
01-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Peter King is a complete moron. He's right up there with Collinsworth in my book. Lots of gab, mostly speculation and opinion, and very little fact.

Peter king in a fat moron whom is more worried about what he is going to eat for lunch and dinner and snack on in between those meals.

Collinswothless is excat that worthless. The guy played decent for the bengals and he acts like he knows all and sees all. IMO they both just like hearing themselves speak.

BTW big WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for ESPN thier just mad because TD is gone. Now they know it will be like the 90's when marv and ralph were mum to all thier questions. So they can't break stories quicker and get bills fans all worked up over nothing. ESPN is evil now they only care about one thing bashing organizations that aren't winning. I mean hell remember when cincy wasn't winning all they did was make fun them, they do it to detroit now and they have jumped on the bills to. The only thing that keeps them off the cardnials is green cause ESPN has a hard on for him cause he worked for them.

ESPN used to be a great network now all they do is piss me off. I only tune in to watch the bottom line to get scores if i'm not near a comp. ESPN can rot in hell.

Saratoga Slim
01-16-2006, 02:42 PM
For every John Fox there is 10 Lovie Smith's out there backing up the statement.

didn't Lovie Smith just take the Bears to a division crown under the guidence of two rookie QBs (I'm calling Grossman a rookie still)? Hmmm. I agree with your point, but think there are probably better examples. I'm not ready to call Lovie a bust just yet.

How about "for every John Fox there are ten Mike Mularkeys out there."

FirstDownBills
01-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Peter king in a fat moron whom is more worried about what he is going to eat for lunch and dinner and snack on in between those meals.

Collinswothless is excat that worthless. The guy played decent for the bengals and he acts like he knows all and sees all. IMO they both just like hearing themselves speak.

BTW big WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for ESPN thier just mad because TD is gone. Now they know it will be like the 90's when marv and ralph were mum to all thier questions. So they can't break stories quicker and get bills fans all worked up over nothing. ESPN is evil now they only care about one thing bashing organizations that aren't winning. I mean hell remember when cincy wasn't winning all they did was make fun them, they do it to detroit now and they have jumped on the bills to. The only thing that keeps them off the cardnials is green cause ESPN has a hard on for him cause he worked for them.

ESPN used to be a great network now all they do is piss me off. I only tune in to watch the bottom line to get scores if i'm not near a comp. ESPN can rot in hell.

Kornheiser: The Bills get NO DAP MIKE DAP DAP DAP DAP DAP DAP DAP!
Wilbon: The Bills will forever be under the Doug Flutie curse because I'm a foolish moron to believe in such a thing.

Kornheiser: Remember when you were writing off the Red Sox in 2004 THEN OCTOBER CAME AND YOU ENDED UP BEING WRONG?! (Hand Movements)

Wilbon: SO?! That was one season! I'm still right

Kornheiser: THE BILLS NEED DAP MIKE!

Wilbon: Yeah, well they get none from me (chews on a candy bar off to the side)

Kornheiser: YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO SNACK ON THOSE DURING THE COMMERICAL BREAKS!

!Papacrunk!
01-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Peter King writes for SI.

gr8slayer
01-17-2006, 12:03 AM
I just want to freaking win.

Tatonka
01-17-2006, 12:09 AM
:bf1:

Wilson will stop calling when coaches start WINNING.

:up: