PDA

View Full Version : It looks more and more like a mistake to hire Levy

ghz in pittsburgh
01-16-2006, 12:18 PM
as GM.

Yes I saw the Cold Pizza thing on ESPN. And I watched the taped news conference of Levy answering questions last Friday.

Only a fool does not see Levy's intention to coach the Bills (or any other team) then.

That reminds me the fact that Mularkey resigned not right after Donahoe was fired, but after he supposedly have worked in the new structure for a week. Don't tell me Mularkey can't see the fact that Levy wants to return to the sideline.

Remember Levy is still in charge of hiring a headcoach for the Bills, a job he really wants himself no matter what kind of statements he is forced to release to the contrary. Think about that!

The new HC has to work with Levy seemlessly to achive the common goal; he has to trust his GM 100%. I don't think Levy will intentionally stab the new HC in the back, but how do you feel when you work in an environment that you know your boss really likes to have your job? How do you feel when you talk to your GM when he has said publicly that there is no coach more qualified than himself for the position you are in?

If Ralph is truly angry at Levy for not making it clear, he should be angry at himself. Does he not know Levy's coaching desire? Why hire him in the first place? Why keep him as GM if indeed Levy has approached Ralph about coaching after Mularkey quit?

JJamezz
01-16-2006, 12:24 PM
I think this is all more media BS... But what else is new when it comes to our team.

Does anybody honestly think Marv would take the GM's job with some devious ulterior motive to snatch up a head coaching gig? Could the man be THAT desperate??

Michael82
01-16-2006, 12:32 PM
I think this is all more media BS... But what else is new when it comes to our team.

Does anybody honestly think Marv would take the GM's job with some devious ulterior motive to snatch up a head coaching gig? Could the man be THAT desperate??
Another good post. :bf1:

Bill Brasky
01-16-2006, 01:32 PM
as GM.

Yes I saw the Cold Pizza thing on ESPN.

yep. cold pizza is the authority on how to run a football team. we are ****ed.

OpIv37
01-16-2006, 01:41 PM
hey ghz - didn't you want Donahoe fired? Well you got your wish. So far, all Marv's done is sign some guys to fill out the roster for training camp- he hasn't made one real move yet. So what are you complaining about? Marv may or may not be a good GM, but let him try before you bash him.

Bill Brasky
01-16-2006, 01:50 PM
hey ghz - didn't you want Donahoe fired? Well you got your wish. So far, all Marv's done is sign some guys to fill out the roster for training camp- he hasn't made one real move yet. So what are you complaining about? Marv may or may not be a good GM, but let him try before you bash him.

Wrong.

Woody Paige, Skip Bayless, Jay Crawford, and that butch chick should all be joint GM's.

John Clayton and Trey Wingo are the Assistant GM's.

Stuart Scott is in charge of marketing (we need diversity amongst the fanbase).

Sean Salisbury is in charge of scouting.

TigerJ
01-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Who could blame Levy for that blurb at the news conference. He liked coaching and would still like it. That doesn't mean he's incapable of shifting gears and doing a different job. He may well grow into that and like it just as well. I think Wilson made it clear enough that he's not going to coach, and I think Levy can accept that. I also think that if any GM is capable of assessing how well an head coaching candidate might do in the Bills organization, it would be Levy.

FirstDownBills
01-16-2006, 02:39 PM
No offence, but you guys starting these threads come off as whiny emo kids screaming about not being loved because of one relationship break up. I'm starting to think if Levy knew how much criticism he was going to take the minute he got hired I'd think he would have stayed with his analyst job in Chicago and not bother.

AndreReed83
01-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Cold Pizza is like the Inquirer of sports... well, actually, I should just say the ESPN of sports!

Btw, Skip Bayless is an IDIOT. He gets all his predictions wrong about EVERYTHING. Plus, he said Marv at his first press conference kept making witty jokes and comments and that was a sign of someone who didn't know what he was doing. A) He hadn't even started the job yet. B) Marv has ALWAYS been like that.

Bill Cody
01-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Marv would like to coach again. He can't. Guess we're doomed then.:teary:

THATHURMANATOR
01-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Levy hasn't even done anything yet... Who is criticizing him?

FlyingDutchman
01-16-2006, 03:47 PM
as GM.

Yes I saw the Cold Pizza thing on ESPN. And I watched the taped news conference of Levy answering questions last Friday.

Only a fool does not see Levy's intention to coach the Bills (or any other team) then.

That reminds me the fact that Mularkey resigned not right after Donahoe was fired, but after he supposedly have worked in the new structure for a week. Don't tell me Mularkey can't see the fact that Levy wants to return to the sideline.

Remember Levy is still in charge of hiring a headcoach for the Bills, a job he really wants himself no matter what kind of statements he is forced to release to the contrary. Think about that!

The new HC has to work with Levy seemlessly to achive the common goal; he has to trust his GM 100%. I don't think Levy will intentionally stab the new HC in the back, but how do you feel when you work in an environment that you know your boss really likes to have your job? How do you feel when you talk to your GM when he has said publicly that there is no coach more qualified than himself for the position you are in?

If Ralph is truly angry at Levy for not making it clear, he should be angry at himself. Does he not know Levy's coaching desire? Why hire him in the first place? Why keep him as GM if indeed Levy has approached Ralph about coaching after Mularkey quit?

You should move to Hollywood and be a writer for "Days of our Lives," this sounds like a freakin soap opera...

Historian
01-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Well...he had his shot.

If he couldn't turn the team around in one week, I guess it's time to part company.

Next?

:rolleyes:

Novacane
01-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Cold Pizza is making fun of us??????????? Oh ****......Marv has to go. :rage:

Dozerdog
01-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Let's gfet all pissy and whinny after the Bills actually make some moves.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
01-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I can't wait for Marv to get this team turned around. Marv has more football knowledge then John Clayton, Mort and the entire Cold Pizza clown show combined.

Give Levy a shot and realize that you can't sign unrestricted free agents until after the February deadline. Don't doubt Marv.

And when did Buffalo start giving 2 sh**s what the league and media think.

Meathead
01-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Let's gfet all pissy and whinny after the Bills actually make some moves.
but i wanna do it nooooooooooooooooooooooow waa