Why are so many people criticizing Levy so soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Why are so many people criticizing Levy so soon?

He's getting bashed in the media for his age and lack of GM experience and it's getting to some of you. He hasn't done ANYTHING so far except sign some training camp fodder, so IMO it's way too soon to be criticizing or praising him. I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but what does it take to make you people happy? Everyone calls for TD's head, then they jump on the new GM before he even makes one personnel/coaching move.

People are blaming Levy for Mularkey leaving, which may or may not be the case- but who cares? Didn't most of us want him gone anyway? He was consistently outcoached all year and there was a lot of locker room drama that can be attributed to his lax coaching style. Here's what I think happened: Ralph didn't want to fire Mularkey because of his contract, so he told MM he had to be subserviant to Levy. MM tried it for a week, decided he couldn't work with it, and quit. How is it Marv's fault that MM needs a babysitter to coach and Ralph is too cheap to buy out a contract? But I digress....

Read Marv's book. He clearly understands a GM's role and has had enough interaction with them over his 30+year coaching career to know what helps/hurts teams.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: Why are so many people criticizing Levy so soon?

It isn't Levy for me, it is the entire organization.

First and foremost, it is the team on the field is not good.

TD has alienated the organization from the fans.

The offensive line is about as bad as any in the NFL.

We have a QB of the future that doesn't look like the QB of next year right now.

The franchise RB didn't exactly look like a franchise RB this year.

The defense went from a top 5 defense to a bottom 5 defense.

The who's who of the NFL playoffs are guys this team passed to get Mularky and Williams.

Most of the fans are pretty disgusted by this team.

The owner lives in Detroit, the GM lives in Chicago, and the Assistant GM lives in Florida.

It has an 80-year old GM that has never been a GM before. I am not as much concerned about the age, but the inexperience. To me it seems like a move by Wilson to get someone he is comfortable with. Now we all have to wait and see what his moves will be.

Also, this GM is a beloved old coach by most Bills fans and the new coach is going to always have him in the background as a reminder. The fans won't let him get away with it.

This new regime gives their coach a vote of conifidence because they wanted to retain him, but after a couple of days he decides to resign. You can think it is because of his family, but I have other thoughts.

Our owner has a track record for always paying for the second rate coach and that may well be the case again.

You don't fire half of the staff and not be a mess.

Every sports outlet has been cracking jokes about this team since the end of the season.

I have zero confidence in this team right now. But, I am easily swayed. If Levy and Wilson hire the right coach and get things looking better I will be saved.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      He's getting bashed in the media for his age and lack of GM experience and it's getting to some of you. He hasn't done ANYTHING so far except sign some training camp fodder, so IMO it's way too soon to be criticizing or praising him. I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but what does it take to make you people happy? Everyone calls for TD's head, then they jump on the new GM before he even makes one personnel/coaching move.

People are blaming Levy for Mularkey leaving, which may or may not be the case- but who cares? Didn't most of us want him gone anyway? He was consistently outcoached all year and there was a lot of locker room drama that can be attributed to his lax coaching style. Here's what I think happened: Ralph didn't want to fire Mularkey because of his contract, so he told MM he had to be subserviant to Levy. MM tried it for a week, decided he couldn't work with it, and quit. How is it Marv's fault that MM needs a babysitter to coach and Ralph is too cheap to buy out a contract? But I digress....

Read Marv's book. He clearly understands a GM's role and has had enough interaction with them over his 30+year coaching career to know what helps/hurts teams.
      Totally agreable.

Most of the people on here wanted TD and MM fired and while they got thier wish now most of usare on the bashing end of things now.

Yes Marv is 80. Yes Marv has no Gm experience but does that mean that the bills will fall even deeper into a depression. I honestly don't think so. He knows how to scout talent. Things are bad for the bills i'll give most of you that. But it can't get any worse.

The bills can only go up from here. Marv i'm sure will do everything in his power to make this team greta again.

As far as the head coach i don't think it would of mattere if marv wasn't here. People will always compare new coaches to old ones and we as bills fans always look at John fox, marvin lewis, tony dungy, charlie weiss and say we could of had them. Well we don't so we must take it for what it's worth. Like Op said give the man some time before he starts being bashed by everyone.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
        It isn't Levy for me, it is the entire organization.

First and foremost, it is the team on the field is not good.

TD has alienated the organization from the fans.

The offensive line is about as bad as any in the NFL.

We have a QB of the future that doesn't look like the QB of next year right now.

The franchise RB didn't exactly look like a franchise RB this year.

The defense went from a top 5 defense to a bottom 5 defense.

The who's who of the NFL playoffs are guys this team passed to get Mularky and Williams.

Most of the fans are pretty disgusted by this team.

The owner lives in Detroit, the GM lives in Chicago, and the Assistant GM lives in Florida.

It has an 80-year old GM that has never been a GM before. I am not as much concerned about the age, but the inexperience. To me it seems like a move by Wilson to get someone he is comfortable with. Now we all have to wait and see what his moves will be.

Also, this GM is a beloved old coach by most Bills fans and the new coach is going to always have him in the background as a reminder. The fans won't let him get away with it.

This new regime gives their coach a vote of conifidence because they wanted to retain him, but after a couple of days he decides to resign. You can think it is because of his family, but I have other thoughts.

Our owner has a track record for always paying for the second rate coach and that may well be the case again.

You don't fire half of the staff and not be a mess.

Every sports outlet has been cracking jokes about this team since the end of the season.

I have zero confidence in this team right now. But, I am easily swayed. If Levy and Wilson hire the right coach and get things looking better I will be saved.
        I completely feel your frustration with the organization as a whole, and I could even understand criticizing the selection Levy. It's the people bashing the job he's done (one or two in particular) when he hasn't really done anything yet.

You're right about firing the staff, but we were a mess before we fired the staff so I think the organization deserves some credit for making an effort to fix things. But like I said in another post a few weeks ago, the organization has a history of replacing fired personnel with people who are equally as bad or worse so I'm lacking confidence at the moment as well. I'm just saying that Levy deserves an incomplete at them moment- nothing more, nothing less.

The good news: all those player problems that you mentioned are Donahoe's fault and hes' waiting in line for goverment cheese at the moment.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

I agree OP, I really dont understand why people are so split about this. Give the guy a chance. It seems most criticism stems from his age, bc you cant argue with his resume, its loaded with success. Granted he doesnt have GM experience, but with his ability to understand players and needs along with Modraks front office experience, IMO we will be fine.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Levy has been here before, let him get his feet wet & use his brilliany mind. He laughs with the press & keeps them guessing. MM thought he made them guess, they just guessed why was that moron was head coach. Bottom line, Levy will do just fine.
            Last edited by Mitchy moo; 01-16-2006, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X