Sherman because..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Sherman because..

Forked from: Can anyone explain to me why you want Jim Haslett as HC?
    Originally posted by hydro014
    We'll i can tell you that i dont like Sherman. He had a bunch of pro bowlers the last few years in the weakest division and still could get far in the playoffs. The only two reason IMO that he even went to the playoff was b/c Farve and they had DET, CHI and MIN in their division. At least he had players to work with, Haslett had to deal with sub-par managment, sub-par players and Kitrina this year.

I am not a fan of bringing Haslett in hear to be our HC, but I like him better than Sherman. Here is some other info on what Packers fans thought about Sherman, and look at ESPN approval ratings of the two, Sherman was one of the lowest in the league last year:

Here is Hasletts approval ratings.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sports...ach?coachId=15

Here is Shermans Approval ratings:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sports...ach?coachId=26

Mike Mularkeys:

Another thing that i dont like about Sherman is his play calling, like MM, he has had some issues with play calling this year.
    Obviously when you're losing for the first time in 6 years you're approval isn't going to be very high..

Sherman was enamored by Losman in 2004 and was about to pick before we swooped in and took him. Now he'll have what he wanted all along and will be able to mold him like a rookie, except he has some game experience.

I watched all the Packers games this year, and I must say that Sherman getting fired was one of the worst personnel moves by them ever. With so many star players injured, (Walker, Furguson, Green, Davenport, Gado, Na'il Diggs, and more) it's not rocket science to figure out why they did so bad. Every other season was a playoff year.

He also served as a great GM, and would help us make FA and draft decisions.

Sherman will also most likely bring Jim bates w/ him to be our DC which would suit us well IMO.

Bring April up to Asist. HC/ST coach.

I wouldn't mind Haslett, but this is the best option IMO.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • tat2dmike77
    Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
    • Dec 2005

Re: Sherman because..

Sherman being fired was the most shcoking indeed. I mean how can you fire a guy because your season stunk by default of injuries.

Most of his key players were down early in the season. But to add to that Favre tried to do way to much. There were some games that he gave away by simply trying to do to much.

He's not a dumbass like most people believe. You can say what you want about having favre as a QB. You still have to have quality players around him to win.

At first i'll be honest i was kinda leaning towards haslett but i've been looking at numbers and other things and i would be more happy with sherman in buffalo. Don't get me wrong if haslett was brought in i would support him as well i'm not going to turn my back on the bills because my choice wasn't brought in. But i think sherman can get the job done here in buffalo.

He could take JP and turn him into the QB that we were all lead to believe he can be. I'm not saying JP is a bust he just needs a good teacher andi think sherman is that man. But the fact is Mr Wilson needs to pony up the money for him. That is the question that is left to answered.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I've been pushing for bringin in Sherman too, but more and more I'm getting excited at the prospect of getting Haslett instead. Haslett is more of a no-nonsense straight shooter guy, whereas all the interviews I've seen of Sherman, he's a boring as hell of a interviewee.

Either way I'll be very happy.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
        Your rebirth can't hurt
        • Dec 2005

SHERMAN! SHERMAN! SHERMAN! SHERMAN!

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
        Playoff Record: 0-0
        Super Bowl Appearances: 0
        Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

I guess it is a good thing Carolina didn't think like green Bay in regards to firing HC's who had bad seasons due to injuries huh?

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

If we get Sherman do we also get his little dog Peabody?

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
              • Jul 2002

Who cares about approval ratings?

Sounds like something from the Clinton administration.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Has Sherman been rumored at all to be interviewed here...So far all I heard is Haslett and Payton...Not sure who else who has been rumored by the Bills.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  I've been pushing for bringin in Sherman too, but more and more I'm getting excited at the prospect of getting Haslett instead. Haslett is more of a no-nonsense straight shooter guy, whereas all the interviews I've seen of Sherman, he's a boring as hell of a interviewee.

Either way I'll be very happy.
                  Agreed. And to the post above, yes, it is official. The Bills have set up an interview with Sherman!
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

I dont care who the hell we bring in. I JUST WANT TO WIN DAMMIT!

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

GEWAWO!!
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                        Who cares about approval ratings?

Sounds like something from the Clinton administration.
                        I care about approval ratings. I certainly wouldnt hire someone with an approval rating of 28%. If you were only getting a 28% approval rating of your job, do u think anyone else would want to hire you?

Im not saying that shermans a bad coach or will be a bad coach for some team but come on guys, 28% is not good

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

I dont care who it is at this point, I just want to win.
                          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• hydro014
                            • May 2004

I agree, i just want to win too. If we get Sherman thats fine i'll give him my support, hell, i'll support any bills coach. But i am sick of having a crap product on the field.

Comment

• G. Host
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ferrygoat
                              I care about approval ratings. I certainly wouldnt hire someone with an approval rating of 28%. If you were only getting a 28% approval rating of your job, do u think anyone else would want to hire you?

Im not saying that shermans a bad coach or will be a bad coach for some team but come on guys, 28% is not good
                              Being approved by fans is like being elected El Dictator and Madam President in wacko asylym - it doesn't mean much. No GM is idiotic enough, even Millen, to go by sport site polls.

Comment

Working...
                              X