PDA

View Full Version : Sherman because..

ShadowHawk7
01-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Forked from: Can anyone explain to me why you want Jim Haslett as HC? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1323691)

We'll i can tell you that i dont like Sherman. He had a bunch of pro bowlers the last few years in the weakest division and still could get far in the playoffs. The only two reason IMO that he even went to the playoff was b/c Farve and they had DET, CHI and MIN in their division. At least he had players to work with, Haslett had to deal with sub-par managment, sub-par players and Kitrina this year.

I am not a fan of bringing Haslett in hear to be our HC, but I like him better than Sherman. Here is some other info on what Packers fans thought about Sherman, and look at ESPN approval ratings of the two, Sherman was one of the lowest in the league last year:

http://www.packers.com/fans/polls/in...20060102140559

Here is Hasletts approval ratings.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sports...ach?coachId=15 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=15)

Here is Shermans Approval ratings:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sports...ach?coachId=26 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=26)

Mike Mularkeys:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sports...ach?coachId=43

Another thing that i dont like about Sherman is his play calling, like MM, he has had some issues with play calling this year.

Obviously when you're losing for the first time in 6 years you're approval isn't going to be very high..

Sherman was enamored by Losman in 2004 and was about to pick before we swooped in and took him. Now he'll have what he wanted all along and will be able to mold him like a rookie, except he has some game experience.

I watched all the Packers games this year, and I must say that Sherman getting fired was one of the worst personnel moves by them ever. With so many star players injured, (Walker, Furguson, Green, Davenport, Gado, Na'il Diggs, and more) it's not rocket science to figure out why they did so bad. Every other season was a playoff year.

He also served as a great GM, and would help us make FA and draft decisions.

Sherman will also most likely bring Jim bates w/ him to be our DC which would suit us well IMO.

Bring April up to Asist. HC/ST coach.

I wouldn't mind Haslett, but this is the best option IMO.

tat2dmike77
01-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Sherman being fired was the most shcoking indeed. I mean how can you fire a guy because your season stunk by default of injuries.

Most of his key players were down early in the season. But to add to that Favre tried to do way to much. There were some games that he gave away by simply trying to do to much.

He's not a dumbass like most people believe. You can say what you want about having favre as a QB. You still have to have quality players around him to win.

At first i'll be honest i was kinda leaning towards haslett but i've been looking at numbers and other things and i would be more happy with sherman in buffalo. Don't get me wrong if haslett was brought in i would support him as well i'm not going to turn my back on the bills because my choice wasn't brought in. But i think sherman can get the job done here in buffalo.

He could take JP and turn him into the QB that we were all lead to believe he can be. I'm not saying JP is a bust he just needs a good teacher andi think sherman is that man. But the fact is Mr Wilson needs to pony up the money for him. That is the question that is left to answered.

Mr. Miyagi
01-16-2006, 02:50 PM
I've been pushing for bringin in Sherman too, but more and more I'm getting excited at the prospect of getting Haslett instead. Haslett is more of a no-nonsense straight shooter guy, whereas all the interviews I've seen of Sherman, he's a boring as hell of a interviewee. :z:

Either way I'll be very happy. :up:

FirstDownBills
01-16-2006, 02:59 PM
SHERMAN! SHERMAN! SHERMAN! SHERMAN!

ICE74129
01-16-2006, 03:06 PM
I guess it is a good thing Carolina didn't think like green Bay in regards to firing HC's who had bad seasons due to injuries huh?

Bill Cody
01-16-2006, 03:08 PM
If we get Sherman do we also get his little dog Peabody?

NC-BILLS44
01-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Who cares about approval ratings?

Sounds like something from the Clinton administration.

don137
01-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Has Sherman been rumored at all to be interviewed here...So far all I heard is Haslett and Payton...Not sure who else who has been rumored by the Bills.

ShadowHawk7
01-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I've been pushing for bringin in Sherman too, but more and more I'm getting excited at the prospect of getting Haslett instead. Haslett is more of a no-nonsense straight shooter guy, whereas all the interviews I've seen of Sherman, he's a boring as hell of a interviewee. :z:

Either way I'll be very happy. :up:
Agreed. And to the post above, yes, it is official. The Bills have set up an interview with Sherman!

gr8slayer
01-16-2006, 06:46 PM
I dont care who the hell we bring in. I JUST WANT TO WIN DAMMIT!

Meathead
01-16-2006, 06:47 PM
GEWAWO!!

Ferrygoat
01-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Who cares about approval ratings?

Sounds like something from the Clinton administration.

I care about approval ratings. I certainly wouldnt hire someone with an approval rating of 28%. If you were only getting a 28% approval rating of your job, do u think anyone else would want to hire you?

Im not saying that shermans a bad coach or will be a bad coach for some team but come on guys, 28% is not good

Devin
01-16-2006, 07:11 PM
I dont care who it is at this point, I just want to win.

hydro014
01-16-2006, 07:15 PM
I agree, i just want to win too. If we get Sherman thats fine i'll give him my support, hell, i'll support any bills coach. But i am sick of having a crap product on the field.

G. Host
01-16-2006, 07:51 PM
I care about approval ratings. I certainly wouldnt hire someone with an approval rating of 28%. If you were only getting a 28% approval rating of your job, do u think anyone else would want to hire you?

Im not saying that shermans a bad coach or will be a bad coach for some team but come on guys, 28% is not good

Being approved by fans is like being elected El Dictator and Madam President in wacko asylym - it doesn't mean much. No GM is idiotic enough, even Millen, to go by sport site polls.

hydro014
01-16-2006, 08:24 PM
i agree, but you have to believe that 28% is not good! Come on NYS Regents lets people pass with 55%. G.W. Bush's rating were not even that bad, ever, and most people hate the guy.

I am not ever going to think that a GM will ever look at this, but you cant say that TD had approval rating over 28% and we couldn't wait to get rid of him. Other organizations want to bring him in. If your in their shoes and you know what we know about TD, having a bad public approval rating, and your a fan of the team that wants to bring TD in, would you not be a little worried. Or would you say that well he he did really good with the cap and he would have did ok if he had and OL or Edwards didnt get hurt. No, you wouldn't, and i know polls dont mean much, but you've got to agree that its not good.

Ferrygoat
01-16-2006, 08:29 PM
i agree, but you have to believe that 28% is not good! Come on NYS Regents lets people pass with 55%. G.W. Bush's rating were not even that bad, ever, and most people hate the guy.

I am not ever going to think that a GM will ever look at this, but you cant say that TD had approval rating over 28% and we couldn't wait to get rid of him. Other organizations want to bring him in. If your in their shoes and you know what we know about TD, having a bad public approval rating, and your a fan of the team that wants to bring TD in, would you not be a little worried. Or would you say that well he he did really good with the cap and he would have did ok if he had and OL or Edwards didnt get hurt. No, you wouldn't, and i know polls dont mean much, but you've got to agree that its not good.
Thank you, I wasnt trying to say them polls mean everything, but packers fans couldnt wait to get rid of the guy, just like we wanted TD outta here, now i dont know everything but he obviously wasnt do the right things in Green Bay, see that the fans didnt like him and he got canned! I dont know about you but thats a good enough reason to not have him coach the Bills, plus hes soft, we need a tough coach

G. Host
01-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Nope I disagree. I'd consider opinion of voters as revelant as how often it rained. Marv said it right that when you start considering the opinions of the fans you start sitting with them.

Most of the fans voting on the polls are the same ones who a year ago would be giving very high marks. Look at the treads shown on some of the graphs - it is like panic buying of bread and milk.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-16-2006, 08:47 PM
SHERMAN! SHERMAN! SHERMAN! SHERMAN!

Sherlett! Sherlett! Sherlett!

oops, I mean........

Hasman! Hasman! Hasman!

oops I mean....

Wait.... does it really matter? The HC does not play!
We need
O-LINE! O-LINE! O-Line! O-LINE!

bernielivsey_1
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
:yucky: Channel 7 said Juaron is comming tomorrow and Sherman is comming Wednesday. Fingers crosses for a good interview Wednesday. :;:

BidsJr
01-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Thank you, I wasnt trying to say them polls mean everything, but packers fans couldnt wait to get rid of the guy, just like we wanted TD outta here, now i dont know everything but he obviously wasnt do the right things in Green Bay, see that the fans didnt like him and he got canned! I dont know about you but thats a good enough reason to not have him coach the Bills, plus hes soft, we need a tough coach

Another Hawkeye Bills Fan!!!!!!!! Great deal!:posrep:

DaBills
01-16-2006, 09:44 PM
"'m getting excited at the prospect of getting Haslett instead. Haslett is more of a no-nonsense straight shooter guy, whereas all the interviews I've seen of Sherman, he's a boring as hell of a interviewee."

If we could just eliminate the category of "Best Interview" from the HC checklist, I'm good.

As far as Jim "45-51" Haslett? No way. Ass-cup him all you want. But he's mediocre at best and there are better candidates.

And please sell me on Jauron. 36-49 as a coach. Guy had one winning season in 6 years. And the reason we want him is because he's NOT Mularkey? Gimmee something else to believe in there.

I understand Sherman and JP if Mike thinks he's like Favre. But is our O-line any better than Green Bay's? And, given the way our O played, they were as effective as Green Bay's (which was affected by injuries). Does it matter what the reason was, the result was pretty much the same for both teams –*****ty, inconsistent play.

Gimmee Art Shell.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Sherlett! Sherlett! Sherlett!

oops, I mean........

Hasman! Hasman! Hasman!

oops I mean....

Wait.... does it really matter? The HC does not play!
We need
O-LINE! O-LINE! O-Line! O-LINE!

I reiterate

Ferrygoat
01-16-2006, 10:11 PM
I dont think any coach couldve won with this team, or can win with this team. We desperately need to upgrade this off-season for our new coach to be successful

hydro014
01-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey goat you should get a kick out of this:

http://www.ubersite.com/m/75844

Ferrygoat
01-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks Hydro, I got a good laugh out of that one