PDA

View Full Version : Gray not being considered for the Bills HC position

Nighthawk
01-16-2006, 09:15 PM
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4369579&nav=4QcS

Umm, thank God! He also states that it looks like he is out as DC also...2 positives in one story. :laughing:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I dont know why they even interview him other then to meet minority interview standards.... (by the way im not racist, I agree with the policy )

Nighthawk
01-16-2006, 09:24 PM
I dont know why they even interview him other then to meet minority interview standards.... (by the way im not racist, I agree with the policy )

From what I've read, he didn't get interviewed.

Ferrygoat
01-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Gray will probably be a good DC for another team in the NFL, but hes done in Buffalo

FlyingDutchman
01-17-2006, 12:14 AM
why would they give the guy the head coaching job after they fired him as a D-coordinator?

Tatonka
01-17-2006, 12:23 AM
so what black guy are they interviewing then? they have to interview someone, even though there are not any good candidates that are african american.

bernielivsey_1
01-17-2006, 12:30 AM
:millhouse Cotrell :peace:

Tatonka
01-17-2006, 12:32 AM
cotrell is not a viable candidate.. if he gets and interview, it is because he is black.. he is not even a top DC right now.

bernielivsey_1
01-17-2006, 12:36 AM
:bighug: I agree. But if we interview Rivera does that count because he's hispanic? :cry:

Bmax
01-17-2006, 02:11 AM
so what black guy are they interviewing then? they have to interview someone, even though there are not any good candidates that are african american.

Say What ???????????????

And Dick Jauron, Mike Sherman and Jim Haslett are ?

This is why the Rooney Rule was established ....So guys would get at least the opportunity to get a job.. That's all they want is opportunity....Who says James Lofton wouldn't be a good head coach ? Sure he wasn't a coordinator ..But neither was Mike Sherman, Herman Edwards or John Madden. Doug Williams the skins super bowl mvp was head coach at grambling a off cord at navy an assitant in other places but can't get a sniff, Art shell has a winning record and can't get a sniff.....

Should i name more ??? Jimmy Raye the raiders Off coord has 28 yrs of experience and can't get a sniff ...While Eric Mangini who was a coord for 1 that's right one year gets a job at 34....While ted cotrell wa has been a good coord for teams in the nfl ranked #1 with the bills at one time can't even get an interview... What about Blache for the skins.. While Dumb a@@ (Greg Williams) gets all the credit in washington for the skins great def somebody better check with the players who love the ex bears def co who was a key to their sucess.

No good candidates.. Are you sure ? I guess my vision is a little better than most i see them all around the nfl.. In all different shades .. I just pray nfl owners will take off it's glasses which continues to blind them when it comes to qualified coaches.

Until then i guess it will be a dream in progress and not realized ....

Happy MLK Day

Bmax

LifetimeBillsFan
01-17-2006, 03:37 AM
:bighug: I agree. But if we interview Rivera does that count because he's hispanic? :cry:

I think it does because, if I'm not mistaken, the Rooney Rule is for minorities, not just African Americans.

I don't know why it has taken so long for the Bills to line up one of the potential minority candidates for an interview, but I have thought that M.Levy would want to talk with Rivera ever since Marv got the GM job based on their Chicago connection. I would be very surprised if Marv doesn't at least call Cottrell and would be delighted to see him give Mo Carthon a chance to interview, even though I would prefer to see the Bills hire an experienced HC. Certainly Cottrell would know what the deal would be in Buffalo from his first two stints with the team, but I'm not sold on his head coaching ability after seeing how he did with the Jets and Vikings as their DC.

With the Bills telling Jerry Gray that they don't want him as their HC, I would expect them to interview or at least contact one of these three, but doubt that they will hire any of them if they can get Sherman, Fassel or Haslett.

The_Philster
01-17-2006, 05:03 AM
Gray will probably be a good DC for another team in the NFLso long as he can get LeBeau to come with him...

Tatonka
01-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Say What ???????????????
And Dick Jauron, Mike Sherman and Jim Haslett are ?
This is why the Rooney Rule was established ....So guys would get at least the opportunity to get a job.. That's all they want is opportunity....Who says James Lofton wouldn't be a good head coach ? Sure he wasn't a coordinator ..But neither was Mike Sherman, Herman Edwards or John Madden. Doug Williams the skins super bowl mvp was head coach at grambling a off cord at navy an assitant in other places but can't get a sniff, Art shell has a winning record and can't get a sniff.....
Should i name more ??? Jimmy Raye the raiders Off coord has 28 yrs of experience and can't get a sniff ...While Eric Mangini who was a coord for 1 that's right one year gets a job at 34....While ted cotrell wa has been a good coord for teams in the nfl ranked #1 with the bills at one time can't even get an interview... What about Blache for the skins.. While Dumb a@@ (Greg Williams) gets all the credit in washington for the skins great def somebody better check with the players who love the ex bears def co who was a key to their sucess.
No good candidates.. Are you sure ? I guess my vision is a little better than most i see them all around the nfl.. In all different shades .. I just pray nfl owners will take off it's glasses which continues to blind them when it comes to qualified coaches.
Until then i guess it will be a dream in progress and not realized ....
Happy MLK Day
Bmax

i dont think any of the guys you named are good candidates.. sorry.. i also agree that mangini is not a good candidate.. you can dog greg williams, and i dont want him back here.. but they were not a good defense before he got there.. and now they are.. if greg williams hired blache, then good for him.. he is a smart man to hire good assistance.. shame he didnt do that while he was here..

i personally feel like you need to go through the ranks to get to HC.. i do not support any person for HC that hs not been a head coach already or a DC or OC.. the only candidates that fall into that, as far as i know, are gray and cotrell.. both of which i am not interested in.. neither of them are good DCs right now.. period.

ICE74129
01-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Let's put an end to this bull crap! HIRE THE BEST CANDIDATE! To me the rooney rule is a violation of employment law and is discriminatory. You MUST interview a minority? That is no different than intentionally NOT interviewing a minority. I think the owners should take the NFL to court and get the rule tossed out!

You shouldn't be forced to interview anyone you don't want, just the candidates YOU Feel are the best option for your team!!!

madness
01-17-2006, 11:07 AM
so long as he can get LeBeau to come with him...

:rofl: You forgot... and practically a probowl player at every position.