PDA

View Full Version : Last 8 superbowl winners...

Tatonka
01-17-2006, 01:18 AM
05- PATRIOTS Belicheck (formerly Cleveland)
04- PATRIOTS Belicheck (formerly Cleveland)
03- BUCCANEERS Gruden (formerly Oakland)
02- PATRIOTS Belicheck (formerly Cleveland)
01- RAVENS Billick
00 - RAMS Vermeil (formerly Philadelphia)
99- BRONCOS Shanahan (formerly Oakland)
98- BRONCOS Shanahan (formerly Oakland)

all experienced HCs in their second time around...

maybe they learned from their first stint..

makes me feel a little better about sherman or haslett.. nothing would make me feel good about jauron.

kgun12
01-17-2006, 01:25 AM
T

I agree, if I had to make a the call though it would be Sherman. This is why I don't want Bobby April. I just think there is too much to learn the first head coaching job. Almost ALL coaches do better with there second HC job! I wouldn't mind if he got one of coordinator job though.

BTW how ya been?

dolphinssuck
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
I would definitely be happy with either Haslett or Sherman both have plenty of exp under their belt. And neither is being promoted from a coordinator position.

vicmantak
01-17-2006, 06:24 AM
Experience is something we terribly lack since Donahoe's era.
Hire "experiments" doesn't make any sense... specially now.

On the other hand, one more thing to CONSIDER is that Mike Shanahan and Bill Bellichick didn't return as a HC immediately.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaching/DEN
http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaching/NE
Dick Jauron is the only one that has a "pause" after his bad experience as a HC but common sense indicates that he is not the best option. For some reasons Detroit is clearly not interested on his services, and to be frank, his Lions Defense say it all by itself.

IMO Art Shell should be considered by us from this point of view.

ICE74129
01-17-2006, 06:48 AM
I go with Sherman

Historian
01-17-2006, 07:11 AM
Imagine if the rest of the league had listened to Al Davis in regards to Shanahan...

Tatonka
01-17-2006, 09:51 AM
T
I agree, if I had to make a the call though it would be Sherman. This is why I don't want Bobby April. I just think there is too much to learn the first head coaching job. Almost ALL coaches do better with there second HC job! I wouldn't mind if he got one of coordinator job though.
BTW how ya been?

i have been good.. thanks for asking.. my little boy is growing like a weed.. as you can see in the picture.. life is good man.. i feel lucky (other than the eternal disappointment the bills provide! lol)

i just noticed.. billick was in his first coaching stint.. but he was also several years in i believe right?

Tatonka
01-17-2006, 09:53 AM
dick jauron was the DC for the lions?

:puke:

Michael82
01-17-2006, 09:58 AM
dick jauron was the DC for the lions?

Yeah he was and look how great their Defense was.... :rolleyes:

mybills
01-17-2006, 10:45 AM
I'd like to bring in a HC to be the HC for a change.

Romes
01-17-2006, 02:17 PM
05- PATRIOTS Belicheck (formerly Cleveland)
04- PATRIOTS Belicheck (formerly Cleveland)
03- BUCCANEERS Gruden (formerly Oakland)
02- PATRIOTS Belicheck (formerly Cleveland)
01- RAVENS Billick
00 - RAMS Vermeil (formerly Philadelphia)
99- BRONCOS Shanahan (formerly Oakland)
98- BRONCOS Shanahan (formerly Oakland)
all experienced HCs in their second time around...
maybe they learned from their first stint..
makes me feel a little better about sherman or haslett.. nothing would make me feel good about jauron.
This tells me we need to hire a coach that was fired from either Cleveland or Oakland. Are Butch Davis or Bill Callahan available?

Devin
01-17-2006, 02:23 PM

Agreed.

tat2dmike77
01-17-2006, 02:32 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Also on thing to in common. All of past super bowl winners have changed thier logos. So i propose that we bring back the white helmets and blue jerseys permanatlly.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm with that too.