X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Stuart Scott on SC yesterday

Talking how great Peyton is. Don't exactly remember all the words but he mention the coaches had the most confidence in him and Peyton was so smart that Peyton told the punting team not to come on the field on that play. He made it sound like Peyton made the decision to go for it.

Ummm Stuart, did you watch your own station? In an interview with Dungy after the game, Dungy said " I was telling Peyton in his ear that we were going for, It was my decision to go for it, not his"

Did anybody else catch that? It has been bugging the **** out of me.
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Stuart Scott on SC yesterday

I hate ESPN(especially S. Scott)....That is all!!

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

The NFL is no longer a sports league...it's more of a marketing concern, with ESPN as it's main salesperson.

Comment

• dolphinssuck
        • Dec 2005

Stuart Scott is crazy and annoying. SC sometimes tries to be more of a comedy than a sports program whatta Fng joke.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
          Talking how great Peyton is. Don't exactly remember all the words but he mention the coaches had the most confidence in him and Peyton was so smart that Peyton told the punting team not to come on the field on that play. He made it sound like Peyton made the decision to go for it.

Ummm Stuart, did you watch your own station? In an interview with Dungy after the game, Dungy said " I was telling Peyton in his ear that we were going for, It was my decision to go for it, not his"

Did anybody else catch that? It has been bugging the **** out of me.
          I saw what Dungy told that reporter... And I don't believe it for a minute.

Peyton gave Dungy the finger when he pants him on the sideline.

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

I don't believe Dungy for a minute either. Dungy was going to punt and Peyton sent them back off the field because he knew they had to go for it.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Manning is just another one of ESPN's gods. They freaking annoy the hell out of me, I actually find it hard to watch the Sunday Night games now because I cant stand three hours of: "Oh Ray Lewis, oh Ray Lewis, he is simply hung like a mule, the man can walk on fire for hours and not blister, oh Ray Lewis."

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Manning is just another one of ESPN's gods. They freaking annoy the hell out of me, I actually find it hard to watch the Sunday Night games now because I cant stand three hours of: "Oh Ray Lewis, oh Ray Lewis, he is simply hung like a mule, the man can walk on fire for hours and not blister, oh Ray Lewis."
                10-15 years ago...it was Marino.

Sickening.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

If you watched Dungys face when Manning sent the Punting unit back, you wouldve seen the look of frustration on Dungys face followed by him mouthing... This is on you.

That was Peytons call Tony just doesnt want to seem like he has no control.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                  X