PDA

View Full Version : HIre mike sherman

mikemac2001
01-17-2006, 01:36 AM
he is best canidate i think he fits in well here. and wasnt he GM awhile for GB so that would even help a little more.

then bring in favre and keep moulds. JP wouldnt mind sitting to his hero and favre would teach him some stuff.

i know it wont happen but atleast hire sherman.

Bmax
01-17-2006, 01:40 AM
i'll take sherman over jauron anyday....

1. Haslett
2. Sherman
3. Cotrell
4. Payton
5. April
6. Saunders.

Jauron can't even make my list.....

Nighthawk
01-17-2006, 08:02 AM
1. Haslett
2. Sherman
3. Cotrell
4. Payton
5. April
6. Saunders.

...and Jauron shouldn't be on anybody's list! There is a reason that no other team is even given this guy a shot and that is because he's not good and doesn't deserve to be a HC in this league. Marv's an idiot if he hires that guy and should go back into retirement. Let's hope he gets football smart and goes in a different direction.

ryjam282
01-17-2006, 08:08 AM
1. Haslett
2. Sherman
3. Cotrell
4. Payton
5. April
6. Saunders.

I like that list Bmax. I think Haslett will go to Detroit and I think Sherman would be good here as well. He has plenty to work with and he badly wanted JP when he was in GB so this could be good. Not to mention he was GM in GB so he could work with Marv more and be able to get the players he wants in here. We shall see but I think it makes sense.

PS, we need Cotrell back as our D coordinator no matter who is brought in.

LtBillsFan66
01-17-2006, 11:21 AM
I want Sherman.

RedEyE
01-17-2006, 11:30 AM
I think Sherman will be a long shot. He has to be the best candidate available, IMO. The Bills are going to have to drop a nice offer tomorrow in order for him to bite.

Otherwise, he walks and interviews elsewhere and considers Buffalo a lower option.

RedEyE
01-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Still, with that being said, I think that Jauron and Sherman must already top Levy's list. Too many vacancies out there to be screwing around. Bring in the top notch candidates first, bait the hook.

LtBillsFan66
01-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah but we're competing with the Lions, Texans, Saints, Raiders, and Rams.

mysticsoto
01-17-2006, 11:39 AM
I think we may have a shot. If Sherman did indeed want JP and has compared him to Favre style-wise, he may feel he can setup the same situation to allow JP to develop and succeed here and allow Buffalo to succeed - thereby making him look good. Buffalo has decent weapons (McGahee, Evans, etc) what we need is a good Oline to allow us to move forward. If that is addressed this offseason (imagine if we could get the Brick for LT and move Gandy to LG)...with Jason Peters developing into a good tackle, only the Center and RG positions need to be addressed through FA. If Duke is ready, he can take over the Center position which only leaves RG. I am still not ready to assume that Duke is ready however. He played okay as guard in situations last year, but was beat at times. I hope he really pours it on offseason - as one of the things he needs to develop is upper body strength.

In any case, I think Sherman can come here and be successful and I think Marv will focus on getting our O and D lines strengthened...

RedEyE
01-17-2006, 11:45 AM

The Texans might be the best option if I were in a position for hire. The #1 pick overall gives the new HC a chance to revamp a putrid offense.

I thought the Rams got their coach already? If not, the Rams have a strong team and need some minor tweaking.

The Lions, the Saints and the Raiders all have front office issues and will be a turn off for most veteran candidates.

The Lions have that dumbass GM Millen

The Raiders have Big Al.

The Saints are crap and have multiple issues.

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Lions are rumored to want Russ Grimm
Texans are pretty much locked on Kubiak
Saints are rumored to be offering it to Sean Payton

That leaves Raiders and Rams. I think Sherman would prefer us because we're closer in style as a football team and city as Green Bay.

Plus I hope to God he brings Jim Bates with him. :up:

BFLOBILLSBURGH
01-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Mike Sherman :

Three straight (NFC North) division titles for only the fourth time in team history, joining Lombardi's three-time winners of 1960-62 and 1965-67, along with the 1995-97 division champions of Mike Holmgren;
Four consecutive playoff appearances;
Five straight winning seasons (9-7 in 2000, 12-4 in 2001 and '02, 10-6 in 2003 and '04);
Reaching 50 career victories, including playoffs, second fastest among the Packers' 13 head coaches;
Three of the Packers' six winning records on the road over the past 36 seasons, including last year's 6-2 mark away from home - Green Bay's best since 1972; and
A 20-4 regular-season record (.833) Dec. 1 or later - best in the NFL the past five seasons - including a perfect 4-0 in both 2000 and 2003 (the Packers have a plus-28 turnover ratio in those 24 games).http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/sherman_mike/

Just read his bio from the website. He is the right man for the organization. We need a proven winner with management history as well.
Hopefully Marv makes the right decision.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I dont know why everyone is so high on Mike Sherman. What did he really do in GB besides ruin that organization? The fans didnt like him there so why do u think we would like him here? Sherman was handed a superbowl team, and still couldnt win in the playoffs.
Check out what this packers fan thought of Mike Sherman
http://www.ubersite.com/m/75844<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Patrick76777
01-17-2006, 02:21 PM
I dont know why everyone is so high on Mike Sherman. What did he really do in GB besides ruin that organization? The fans didnt like him there so why do u think we would like him here? Sherman was handed a superbowl team, and still couldnt win in the playoffs.
Check out what this packers fan thought of Mike Sherman
http://www.ubersite.com/m/75844<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
That’s a reputable looking site.

casdhf
01-17-2006, 02:33 PM
anyone else concerned this was more Brett Favre wins, than Mike Sherman.

hydro014
01-17-2006, 02:42 PM
i agree, the packer fans i know only wanted him back b/c Favre said he would most likely retire if sherman was let go. also, he went to the playoff 4 yrs in a row in the NFC north, i know its still the playoff but before he took over they consistantly were in the NFC championship game and made two appearences in the Super bowl. They never got past the second round with Sherman and he got a Super Bowl team handed to him. I watched his teams for the last 3 years on TV out here and have not been impressed at all. Also the guy shows no Fire, or passion for what he's doing, ever, he just sits on the sidelines and pouts. If i would take anyone from the past GB team it would be Jim Bates, the guy got a D full of no-ones and had them ranked 6th in total D at the end of the year, that good for a team that won only 4 games.

Meathead
01-17-2006, 02:45 PM
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWAWO!!!

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 02:50 PM
That’s a reputable looking site.
I never said it was a good site, but what that packers fan was saying, sounded alot like what all you guys were saying about Mularky when everyone wanted to can him. The point im trying to make is that this guy got fired for a reason, packers fans hated the guy and hes soft, i dont think hes the right guy for the job

BFLOBILLSBURGH
01-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Didn't hear people saying to fire Mike Sherman before 2005. After a 4-12 season fans are going to call for heads. Lets see, in 2005 the Pack lost its entire OL, Walker and A. Green for practically the entire season and they had one fewer win then us.

You are right lets go hire Dick Jauron , Tice, or Haslett, they have won way more, or better yet let's hire an unproven OCoordinator or maybe Ted Cotrell, he has only been up for every job in the league for the past 10 years.

Face it, I am not saying Sherman is Parcells, Bellichek, or Gruden - but he has won some division titles. We are not in the best position to hire a coach, Sherman is the best candidate.

ZacGriffi~82
01-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Still, with that being said, I think that Jauron and Sherman must already top Levy's list. Too many vacancies out there to be screwing around. Bring in the top notch candidates first, bait the hook.

Most likely, the Packers would be paying a large chunk of it.

mysticsoto
01-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Didn't hear people saying to fire Mike Sherman before 2005. After a 4-12 season fans are going to call for heads. Lets see, in 2005 the Pack lost its entire OL, Walker and A. Green for practically the entire season and they had one fewer win then us.

You are right lets go hire Dick Jauron , Tice, or Haslett, they have won way more, or better yet let's hire an unproven OCoordinator or maybe Ted Cotrell, he has only been up for every job in the league for the past 10 years.

Face it, I am not saying Sherman is Parcells, Bellichek, or Gruden - but he has won some division titles. We are not in the best position to hire a coach, Sherman is the best candidate.

I was just about to say the same thing. There are slim pickings out there right now. When we had the opportunity to grab a good coach, TD ended up grabbing loser Mularkey. Now we have to pick out of what there is. There is no current coach candidate that has the wins that Sherman has. As far as qualifications go, he's got experience as a coach, a high record number of wins, and experience as far as playoffs go. Right now, we need someone with experience to get us back on track. If we shore up the O and D lines, we will be a completely different team next year!!!

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 03:22 PM
I was just about to say the same thing. There are slim pickings out there right now. When we had the opportunity to grab a good coach, TD ended up grabbing loser Mularkey. Now we have to pick out of what there is. There is no current coach candidate that has the wins that Sherman has. As far as qualifications go, he's got experience as a coach, a high record number of wins, and experience as far as playoffs go. Right now, we need someone with experience to get us back on track. If we shore up the O and D lines, we will be a completely different team next year!!!
I agree about the O and D lines but I also think Sherman had the best team to work with while he was racking up all them wins, look at Haslett, his team and organization sucked, jaurans team in chicago sucked too. I really dont know who the best candiate for the bills is, but i dont think sherman is any better than the rest of these guys out there

LtBillsFan66
01-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Git er done!

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I want Sherman, and I won't be too terribly disappointed with Haslett.

But if they hire Jauron, I'll personally fly over to OBD and crane kick Marv in the chin.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 03:37 PM
:lmao:

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 04:13 PM
I thought it was the Swan Kick?