X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

The Patriots got robbed!

And I love it. I think I hate Denver more then I hate New England, but it was so good to see them get robbed! After 5 straight years of getting EVERY SINGLE CALL in their favor, the Patriots finally got the short end of the stick.

Maybe now, every single commercial during football season doesn’t have to involve the Patriots. The Coors train, The 5 Layers, the ***** Pepsi Machine, The one with Dillon stalking the sidelines! WHEN WILL IT EVER END!

I’m just waiting to seen Bruski eating Chunky soup with is mother! Thank god for McNabb or else the Pats would have the market cornered on football commercials.
    Resign our own guys!
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: The Patriots got robbed!

I watched the game at a bar in Boston, and the fact that I was the only one rooting against the Pats made it even better. I just kept yelling Great Call from the back, it was hillarious.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Fairway
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
      I think I hate Denver more then I hate New England.

WHY?

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
        WHY?

No idea! I've hated that team for a long time!
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

And I love it. I think I hate Denver more then I hate New England, but it was so good to see them get robbed! After 5 straight years of getting EVERY SINGLE CALL in their favor, the Patriots finally got the short end of the stick.

Maybe now, every single commercial during football season doesn’t have to involve the Patriots. The Coors train, The 5 Layers, the ***** Pepsi Machine, The one with Dillon stalking the sidelines! WHEN WILL IT EVER END!

I’m just waiting to seen Bruski eating Chunky soup with is mother! Thank god for McNabb or else the Pats would have the market cornered on football commercials.
          My brother the Vikes fan said 'Isn't it nice to see NE finally get a dose of thier own medicine' when they got screwed on the Pass int call.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
            WHY?
            Exactly. Miami, yes. Jets, yes. But Denver?
            NE replaced Miami in my book, but Miami is still in second place.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mr B
              • Sep 2002

It was nice to see the Pats have some calls not ruled in their favor. They still may have won the game desipte the calls but they weren't good enough.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                Exactly. Miami, yes. Jets, yes. But Denver?
                NE replaced Miami in my book, but Miami is still in second place.
                My dislike for Denver goes back a long time.

As for New England! There fans are always very nice when they come to the games. Steeler, Raider and Dolphin fans are the worst and the Jet fans are just behind them. We dominated NE in the early 90’s so a hatred didn’t brew from those days. It was more of feeling bad for them. As for the last 5 years, we’ve been down! It’s not like the Patriots were keeping us out of the Superbowl. See Dolphins fans should hate the Bills because we’re one of the major reasons why Dan Marino only played in one Superbowl. But if the Pats were terrible for the last 5 years, we still would have been terrible.

We didn’t lose anything by having the Pats be good. Now if we were 11-5 with 2 losses to NE every year for the last 5 years and they knocked us out of the playoffs just about every year, we’d have an issue.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Your nuts, the officials had nothing to do with that game. There are a number of different things you could point to if you want to make an excuse, but the bottom line is Denver beat them.

The Pats did some good things in that game, including moving the ball up and down the field on offense while stuffing the run on defense. Denver's first 4 scores came on drives of 40 (including a pass interference that accounted for 39 yards), 1, 7 and 15 yards.

Because of stats like that, people try to make an excuse. However, The Pats turned the ball over 5 times. They lost the ST battle. They couldn't score in the Red Zone. That negated the good things they did and is why they lost.

Those were the keys to the game. Denver's defense brought a lot of pressure, and while they gave up yardage they forced the Pats to settle for FG or turn the ball over. The Denver pressure was the key to the game, it forced the Pats mistakes.

The Patriots got what they deserved. They hadn't played consistently well all year, turning the ball over and making mistakes. That caught up to them against Denver.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                    Your nuts, the officials had nothing to do with that game. There are a number of different things you could point to if you want to make an excuse, but the bottom line is Denver beat them.

The Pats did some good things in that game, including moving the ball up and down the field on offense while stuffing the run on defense. Denver's first 4 scores came on drives of 40 (including a pass interference that accounted for 39 yards), 1, 7 and 15 yards.

Because of stats like that, people try to make an excuse. However, The Pats turned the ball over 5 times. They lost the ST battle. They couldn't score in the Red Zone. That negated the good things they did and is why they lost.

Those were the keys to the game. Denver's defense brought a lot of pressure, and while they gave up yardage they forced the Pats to settle for FG or turn the ball over. The Denver pressure was the key to the game, it forced the Pats mistakes.

The Patriots got what they deserved. They hadn't played consistently well all year, turning the ball over and making mistakes. That caught up to them against Denver.

But if Brady doesn't throw that INT in the endzone, it's a 14 point swing. And that to a bogus INT call and you're talking another TD. Plus I thought the ball went out of the endzone and it should have been a Touchback. Great play by Watson.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

But if Brady doesn't throw that INT in the endzone, it's a 14 point swing. And that to a bogus INT call and you're talking another TD. Plus I thought the ball went out of the endzone and it should have been a Touchback. Great play by Watson.
                      Say what you want, they turned the ball over 5 times. They kicked FG instead of scoring TDs. They were out-played on ST. They did not deserve to win that game.

That Brady Int was a perfect example, it was a comedy of errors. Both Tom Ashworth and Ben Watson blocked down on the DE, who wasn't rushing hard, and let Nick Ferguson come clean on a blitz. Ferguson forces Brady from the pocket and he tries to force a throw to Troy Brown in the endzone. Brady never should have thrown that ball, he should have thrown it away or taken the sack. However, the pressure forced him to make a mistake.

Give Denver some credit, they played well in that game and did a lot of things to help themselves win. They had superior field position all day due to their ST play and were able to create a lot of pressure. The Pats lost their poise, while Denver kept theirs. That is the bottom line. Only losers blame the refs.

I agree on Watson. Great play, great hustle. That kid is going to be a real good player.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I wasn't big on Ben Watson before but I like him after the determination he showed on that play. Too bad he's on the wrong team- looks like NE found their next Coates.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

When the Coors train rolls through Mile High Stadium, it won't have as far to go.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

My dislike for Denver goes back a long time.

As for New England! There fans are always very nice when they come to the games. Steeler, Raider and Dolphin fans are the worst and the Jet fans are just behind them. We dominated NE in the early 90’s so a hatred didn’t brew from those days. It was more of feeling bad for them. As for the last 5 years, we’ve been down! It’s not like the Patriots were keeping us out of the Superbowl. See Dolphins fans should hate the Bills because we’re one of the major reasons why Dan Marino only played in one Superbowl. But if the Pats were terrible for the last 5 years, we still would have been terrible.

We didn’t lose anything by having the Pats be good. Now if we were 11-5 with 2 losses to NE every year for the last 5 years and they knocked us out of the playoffs just about every year, we’d have an issue.
                            A bunch of bologne. Hatred knows no logic or reason.

I hate the Pats just because.

Go on and hate the Broncos Patrick. No reason to explain.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

However I do hope to see Tom Brady doing a Chunky soup commercial, and feel the power of the Chunky curse!

Comment

Working...
                              X