X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Anyone else worried?

As the Bills drag this process out, it's looking more and more like Dick Jauron is the next Bills head coach. I gotta say, WTF did this guy do? Why would we want him here? He'd be the cheapest of the 3 former head coaches (Sherman, Haslett, Jauron) and also is buddies with Marv Levy. Plus, Ralph and TD almost hired him last time when they hired Mularkey. It makes perfect sense and that makes me sick. This guy was horrible in Chicago and did nothing as interim HC in Detroit, plus his defense was horrible too.
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Anyone else worried?

I can't sleep at night.

Comment

• Fairway
      • Jul 2002

why is it looking more and more like Jauron will be the choice?

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Dick Jaurons family lives in the town I work in. If he gets hired, I will show up at their house and punch his mom square in the face.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
          why is it looking more and more like Jauron will be the choice?
          Haslett isn't even getting mentioned for an interview. He may be front runner for the Lions and will get a 2nd interview before the Bills even give him an interview. Sherman is coming tomorrow, but he is front runner for the Saints.

The other teams are all bringing in new candidates everyday and have big lists. The Buffalo Bills just have a tiny list and it is Sherman, April, and Jauron. I don't even see Haslett on the list. I think that whole steroids thing where he called out Kent Hull is really stuck in Ralph and Marv's minds. I also really think that Dick Jauron is going to wow today in the interview and get the job and that makes me sick.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
            Dick Jaurons family lives in the town I work in. If he gets hired, I will show up at their house and punch his mom square in the face.

Make sure you take pictures for the zone.

Comment

• Fairway
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
              Haslett isn't even getting mentioned for an interview. He may be front runner for the Lions and will get a 2nd interview before the Bills even give him an interview. Sherman is coming tomorrow, but he is front runner for the Saints.
              The other teams are all bringing in new candidates everyday and have big lists. The Buffalo Bills just have a tiny list and it is Sherman, April, and Jauron. I don't even see Haslett on the list. I think that whole steroids thing where he called out Kent Hull is really stuck in Ralph and Marv's minds. I also really think that Dick Jauron is going to wow today in the interview and get the job and that makes me sick.

Don't go off what the media is saying.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

As the Bills drag this process out, it's looking more and more like Dick Jauron is the next Bills head coach. I gotta say, WTF did this guy do? Why would we want him here? He'd be the cheapest of the 3 former head coaches (Sherman, Haslett, Jauron) and also is buddies with Marv Levy. Plus, Ralph and TD almost hired him last time when they hired Mularkey. It makes perfect sense and that makes me sick. This guy was horrible in Chicago and did nothing as interim HC in Detroit, plus his defense was horrible too.
                I can't believe I am saying this....Relax. I think sherman coming in on Wed was for a reason. There is NO WAY he isn't 1st on the Bills list. Sherman is a winner.

But I will say this, The fact they want to keep 'X' assistants and force them on a new HC doesn't bode well. I know that Jauron will go with whatever Marv says or directs him to do. THAT is my worry.

I hope Sherman says 'Ok' to April and McNally (and he should) but stands firm on his being able to chose the rest including the Strength and conditioning coach.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Fairway
                    Don't go off what the media is saying.
                    They are reporting Haslett will be lions coach as early as today. I bet he takes the job.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                      Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                      • Aug 2002

Where did you see this list?

Haslett may be later in the week, as Tuesday and Wednesday are already taken. Just because it's not loudly announced, doesn't mean he's not scheduled. Besides, I don't want Sherman, Jauron, or Haslett. I think Jauron and Haslett are underachievers and Sherman is grossly overrated.

Bobby April is my choice.

They do need to bring in a minority candidate. Rivera might be the guy they've targeted, but until last weekend, he wasn't available. So you'll probably see him in toward the week's end.
                      Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        They are reporting Haslett will be lions coach as early as today. I bet he takes the job.
                        The Bills dragged their feet on this. They should have known that Haslett would be courted by the other teams. If he goes to Detroit without even getting an interview, I'll be very disappointed.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          I can't believe I am saying this....Relax. I think sherman coming in on Wed was for a reason. There is NO WAY he isn't 1st on the Bills list. Sherman is a winner.

But I will say this, The fact they want to keep 'X' assistants and force them on a new HC doesn't bode well. I know that Jauron will go with whatever Marv says or directs him to do. THAT is my worry.

I hope Sherman says 'Ok' to April and McNally (and he should) but stands firm on his being able to chose the rest including the Strength and conditioning coach.
                          After reading more crap on the internet, I think you might be right. Apparently, Sherman immediately jumped at the chance to come to Buffalo tomorrow for an interview. He could be very high on their list, maybe #1.

I'd take him for Head Coach or even Jim Haslett. I do NOT want Dick Jauron though.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

I don't want haslett so I hope he gets another job. I'm surprised no one has mentioned LeBeau as he was here a couple years ago and probably developed some relationships.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                              I don't want haslett so I hope he gets another job. I'm surprised no one has mentioned LeBeau as he was here a couple years ago and probably developed some relationships.
                              Hmmm, after watching the Steelers perfect gameplan against the Colts' offense, I'm definitely interested in Dick LeBeau. I'd take him.

Comment

Working...
                              X