PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: The Sabres Head to the Edmonton Spoilers - Game Thread!

SabreEleven
01-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Forked from: The Sabres Head to the Edmonton Spoilers - Game Thread! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1324283)

Omg The Refs were A Bit Wierd tonite,

Teh Ice was Fing TERRIBLE!!

Our PP in teh 2nd Period Couldnt Pass worth Squat because the pcuks was like a Frickin Rubber Bouncing ball...

Then Edmonton Felt was their Crappy ice felt like in the Third.. with that Bitc-h Call on Kotalik.. that was a Gamble.. but they got hiim. haha...

I mean The Ice was Just.. Softer than Slurpee...

EDmonton woulda whooped us had the Ice been Decent..

Where do you get this information from? Link?

1. I watched the whole game. Rick and Jim NEVER mentioned that the ice was that bad, that I heard.

2. The puck seemed to be sitting ok. It seemed to be sitting just fine on the 3 Sabres goals.

3. Edmonton is known for the best ice in the league and all of a sudden it is terrible in the middle of JANUARY, we aren't talking April or May during the playoffs.

4. You play roller hockey in the middle of Virginia and You can tell that the ice is terrible sitting in front of your television

5. It was THEIR ice, it isn't like they came into the Aud after elephants from Barum and Baileys took a crap on it for the last two weeks. It they need good ice to win, they should make sure THEIR ice is good.

6. My last point, if it was bad, it was bad for both teams. Maybe the Sabres are a better team?

I guess I just don't see your point.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SabreEleven
01-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Bump

JD
01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
I like the way you think :naughty:

How about another round on Darth's mom? I'm down :hi5:

Typ0
01-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Sabres got a very tough win last night. They were totally out hit and I thought Edmonton pulled a lot of crap at times that took away our opportunities. We have to be pleased with the win.

SabreEleven
01-17-2006, 06:19 PM
I like the way you think :naughty:

How about another round on Darth's mom? I'm down :hi5:

I'm down, you bring the condom's

JD
01-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Tubes tied none needed :up:

SabreEleven
01-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Tubes tied none needed :up:

True, true, plus I'll just drop a load on her chin any ways.

JD
01-18-2006, 12:14 AM
True, true, plus I'll just drop a load on her chin any ways.
:lmao:

tag team champions of the worrrlllldddd, hide your mothers :peace:

SkateZilla
01-18-2006, 05:19 AM
because iw as watchin in HD from Center Ice..

the Neutral zone was nasty, no team could make long passes at all..

trust me i wasnt the only one to say this, and just becaue RJ and Lorentz didnt doesnt mean i was wrong..

its could have been a sideeffect of the 20 soemthing zamboni's driving on it for the zamboni contest they did..

northernbillfan
01-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Actually the ice was in one of the better conditions I have seen it in in a long time. After the Zamboni competition they were out power edging and flooding the ice to get in great shape for game day.

The ice isn't as good this year as we've had temps well over freezing outside.

SkateZilla
01-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Actually the ice was in one of the better conditions I have seen it in in a long time. After the Zamboni competition they were out power edging and flooding the ice to get in great shape for game day.
The ice isn't as good this year as we've had temps well over freezing outside.

it seemed to look smooth, but it was soft, and soft ice = more holes from skating and crap.. thats what im talking about

SabreEleven
01-18-2006, 09:10 PM
it seemed to look smooth, but it was soft, and soft ice = more holes from skating and crap.. thats what im talking about

I'm still not seeing it. Since you have the game on your computer, put some clips on Putfile where the puck is bouncing around and uncontrolable....first post you said we couldn't score on the power play because the puck was bouncing around in the zone and the second post you said it was the neutral ice that was all screwed up...Which is it?

JD
01-18-2006, 09:22 PM
in HD you can see all the grooves made by skates, you dont see it as much without HD... I think the ice was fine and didnt seem to be a factor.

SkateZilla
01-18-2006, 09:42 PM
I'd Love to record more but i dont have time to move the PVR into my PC room to hook it up to my PC again,

But,

the ice looked decent in teh 3rd period up until about 6 minutes left..

the 2nd period the ice was like snow..

in the 1st period there was soo much snow build up on the boards early its like they forgot to clean the walls...

it wasnt as terrible as i first thought .. but it wasnt what we were used to..

there was a 2 minute period in the 2nd period where niether team could controll it it was in the neutral zone bouncing off sticks and skates and whatever else..

it took the ref 5 minutes to fill in the hole where he removed Timmahs Blood...

SabreEleven
01-18-2006, 10:36 PM
I have been meaning to ask you.

If I hook up my DVR to my computer, I can record the games to my computer?

SkateZilla
01-18-2006, 10:45 PM
I have been meaning to ask you.

If I hook up my DVR to my computer, I can record the games to my computer?
If you have a TV Tuner then you "COULD"

My PVR is a Motorola DCT6412 Rev III,

which is My Digital Cable Box with all 1050 Standard Digital Channels and 45 HDTV Channels all built into one box..

I Just hit the rec button on a program and the box record to an internal Harddisk,

after its recorded, I unplug it let sit so teh ahrddisk spins down, and bring into my PC Room, hook the TV Cable to the Input jack and hook S-Video out to My PCs S-Video In and Optical OUt to my PCs Octical In.