PDA

View Full Version : I want these uniforms back!!!

Pride
01-17-2006, 10:49 AM
http://www.billszone.com/mtimages/2006/January/thurman_fp.JPG

LtBillsFan66
01-17-2006, 10:55 AM
No way. I hate being confused with the Giants.

Mr B
01-17-2006, 11:02 AM
The Giants? They don't look the same to me. They wear grey pants with blue helmets.

Bring em back! The new uniforms are gay. It was better to bleed Buffalo red white and blue than Buffalo dark blue, red, white, orangy red, and grey. Did I miss one?

Nighthawk
01-17-2006, 11:02 AM
no...but I'd like to see the throwbacks as our permanent unis!

LtBillsFan66
01-17-2006, 11:03 AM
The Giants? They don't look the same to me. They wear grey pants with blue helmets.

Bring em back! The new uniforms are gay. It was better to bleed Buffalo red white and blue than Buffalo dark blue, red, white, orangy red, and grey. Did I miss one?
Try walking around NYC with one of those jerseys on.

McBFLO
01-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Go back to that style, but with the dark blue. Also, wear the dark blue pants from time to time. I never liked the royal blue.

LtBillsFan66
01-17-2006, 11:04 AM
That I'd like! Although I'm fond of the charging buffalo, I would let it go if they went back to the throwbacks.

Mr B
01-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Didn't the Bills want to keep wearing the throwbacks this season, but the league didn't let them?

Pride
01-17-2006, 11:11 AM

You forgot the light blue!

SpillerThrills
01-17-2006, 11:13 AM
I'd like to see the throw back uni's with the white helmets, BUT instead of the standing buffalo I think it looks good with the charging buffalo with the stripe....

LtBillsFan66
01-17-2006, 11:14 AM
I'd like to see the throw back uni's with the white helmets, BUT instead of the standing buffalo I think it looks good with the charging buffalo with the stripe....
That's cool with me!

OpIv37
01-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Didn't the Bills want to keep wearing the throwbacks this season, but the league didn't let them?

because it was an alternate jersey and you can only have up to 2 games a year in the alternates. The Bills could make the throwbacks their permanent unis and wear them every game before the season starts, if they wanted to.

Unfortunately I doubt there will be any uniform changes over last year.

Historian
01-17-2006, 11:23 AM
No way. I hate being confused with the Giants.

Could be worse....you could be confused as a Jet fan...

LtBillsFan66
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Could be worse....you could be confused as a Jet fan...
True. But I don't think the Bills are going with green anytime soon. :phew:

Mr B
01-17-2006, 11:30 AM
because it was an alternate jersey and you can only have up to 2 games a year in the alternates. The Bills could make the throwbacks their permanent unis and wear them every game before the season starts, if they wanted to.

That would be sweet if the Bills switched to the throwbacks as their base uniform! Then they could use the new faggy multi colored ones as the alternate when they want to look like a CFL team.

I bleed Buffalo red, white & blue, + orangey red, darker blue, and lighter blue!

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2006, 11:39 AM
The Jerseys only do look almost exactly the same...

EricStratton
01-17-2006, 11:45 AM

I wish I had a dollar for every idiot who asked me who was number 34 for the Giants.

I got tired of punching people in the neck, especially the little kids.

SabreEleven
01-17-2006, 11:51 AM
especially the little kids.

Why are you punching BF1 in the neck?

Gunzlingr
01-17-2006, 11:53 AM
I agree with those that don't like them. Way too much like the Giants.

RedEyE
01-17-2006, 11:54 AM
The Bills and the Sabres are old blue collar teams. No flash required. Get rid of the Goat for the Sabres, and bring back the standing Buffalo for the Bills.

Gunzlingr
01-17-2006, 11:57 AM
I like the home unis. Maybe get rid of the extra stripes on the pants and helmet. I think a metallic red helmet would be cool.

LtBillsFan66
01-17-2006, 11:59 AM
I wish I had a dollar for every idiot who asked me who was number 34 for the Giants.

I got tired of punching people in the neck, especially the little kids.
Before the whole NYCBBB thing, I had to debate wearing my thurman or not to the bar I used to go to. Because with every Giants score, there would be 5 or 6 people giving me a high five. Didn't help that my friend is a giants fan, but still...

elltrain22
01-17-2006, 12:01 PM
I like our uniforms we have now, but if we were to change I'd love to see us wear our throwbacks we wore vs Houston and Tampa. And Billsfanone is absolutely correct our those 90s unies lookin like the Giants 90s unies...

Historian
01-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Then they could use the new faggy multi colored ones as the alternate when they want to look like a CFL team.

faggy?

:rofl:

Dr. Who
01-17-2006, 02:08 PM
The throwbacks are distinctive, superior to the current eye-ugliness and the 90's uniform which does, indeed, appear much like the Giants. The change to the throwbacks would give us the best uniforms in the league, imo.

kgun12
01-17-2006, 02:59 PM
The Bills and the Sabres are old blue collar teams. No flash required. Get rid of the Goat for the Sabres, and bring back the standing Buffalo for the Bills.

I agree RedEye! I hate both uniforms!

ICE74129
01-17-2006, 03:01 PM

Bingo! Winnah winnah chicken Dinnah! :dj:

footballhottie
01-17-2006, 03:02 PM
yeah those are the best

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 03:04 PM
i agree

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 03:07 PM

I like it too

:posrep:

dolphinssuck
01-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Id like to go back to those as well. Alot better than todays uniforms for sure.

tat2dmike77
01-17-2006, 04:01 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">These are the best uniforms hands down!

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10011/jp_sm.JPG
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Those jerseys with either helmet will work for me.

tat2dmike77
01-17-2006, 04:09 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Bring back the white helmets's they rule</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 04:11 PM
fine with me - as long as they bring the throwback jerseys in.

tat2dmike77
01-17-2006, 04:17 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I think it's time UBlink organizes an offical NO MA'AM protest at one bills drive. Because we want the new CFL uniforms gone bring back the throwback. :beers: </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Ummm... I left NO MA'AM...

Man's stubbornness will not allow him to ever fully unite for any cause no matter how good.

tat2dmike77
01-17-2006, 04:23 PM
quote=ublinkwescore]Ummm... I left NO MA'AM...

Man's stubbornness will not allow him to ever fully unite for any cause no matter how good.[/quote]

Well it's a good excuse to go and get drunk and goto nudy bars anyway

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 04:33 PM
That's a surefire way to cheer any straight guy up.

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I think Hull's quote sums it up pretty well....

National Football League - Buffalo Bills

Buffalo Bills Unveil Throwback Uniforms

Throwback Uniforms Get Alumni Approval

Mark Ludwiczak, buffalobills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com/)

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; float: right;" id="AutoNumber2" border="1" bordercolor="#808080" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td>
http://www.ssur.org/news/items/2005/200506/images/BuffaloBills_H3Q_1961-1973.gif
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
Buffalo Bills Helmet - 1961-1973
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

It was the past, present and future all rolled into one at Ralph Wilson Stadium Saturday afternoon. Sporting their new throwback jerseys for the first time, members of the Buffalo Bills anxiously ran onto the field in front of a wild crowd of cheering fans. The unveiling was the highlight of this weekend's Celebration of Champions.

"To watch those guys come out of the tunnel it was like going back in time and watching us," said former Bills receiver Ed Rutkowski. "It was kind of surreal."

It was surreal for many because the throwback uniforms are nearly identical to what the Bills wore during their AFL Championship years in the mid-1960s. Buffalo changed its uniforms following the 1972 season.

The jerseys feature a lighter blue than the Bills' current colors, along with the classic white pants that feature narrow blue and white stripes down the side. The uniforms are identical to the old uniforms from head to toe, all the way down to the black shoes. But most of the excitement revolved around the white "standing buffalo" helmet that many Bills fans had been so accustomed to in the team's early years.

"We've always been partial to that buffalo because we've known nothing else," said Bills Hall of Fame guard Billy Shaw. "It's fun to see it. It will bring them luck too."

Both former and current players were excited about the uniform.

"The uniforms are kind of tight, aren't they? They're kind of cool looking," said Andre Reed.

The newest number 83 was pretty impressed as well.

"When I first looked at them I said, 'Oh, okay,' " Lee Evans said. "But once you get them on and see them, it's unbelievable."

Shaw thinks that the tribute to his championship teams of the 60s can only lead to good things on the field.

"The jerseys are almost identical to what we wore in '65," he said. "It's kind of fun to see it back, it brings back a lot of good memories. So they'll win every time they wear these."

Former Bills center Kent Hull thinks the uniform is a perfect fit for the city of Buffalo.

"I like the jerseys," Hull said. "I think it's not flamboyant or anything, I think it's more of a football jersey. This jersey kind of symbolizes Buffalo if you want to know the truth. The first time I saw the jersey they're wearing now, I thought they looked like the Denver Broncos. This looks like Buffalo."

If there was any disappointment on this sunny afternoon, it was the fact that the Bills weren't going to play an actual football game on this day. As the team got ready, safety Lawyer Milloy - after his initial reaction, "They look sweet, man!" - got ready just like it was a Sunday in the fall.

"It's gameday, I got my mouthpiece and everything," Milloy said while chatting with former Bills QB Jim Kelly.

Milloy wasn't the only one to put the finishing touches on his uniform. Cornerback Nate Clements worked on cutting his socks precisely to his liking. But the icing on the cake for Clements was the black tape he wrapped around his new black cleats (instead of the usual white tape), which clearly had the young cornerback excited.

Members of the offensive side of the ball were just as excited as those on the defensive side to start playing in their new uniforms - especially a certain QB/WR combo that Bills fans should expect much from in the future.

More...

http://www.ssur.org/news/items/2005/200506/20050604_BuffaloBills.htm

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2006, 05:01 PM
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr unselectable="on" width="100%" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">These are the best uniforms hands down!

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10011/jp_sm.JPG
</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

100% agree. We look UNIQUE, not like some inbred result of a Titan and a Bronco mating.

gr8slayer
01-17-2006, 07:55 PM
+1

Billscusey
01-17-2006, 08:06 PM
I'll be honest, I like the new Bills and Sabres uniforms, but only because they represent MY period as a Bills fan (I wasn't alive when the "throwbacks" were the regular unis, so I don't think I've earned the privilege or the right or call them my own).

BUT........

I don't care if the Bills wear a big pink stripe across their jerseys......if it helps them win games!!! A bunch o' losers in good looking uniforms is still a bunch o' losers!!

dolphinssuck
01-17-2006, 08:09 PM
I'll be honest, I like the new Bills and Sabres uniforms, but only because they represent MY period as a Bills fan (I wasn't alive when the "throwbacks" were the regular unis, so I don't think I've earned the privilege or the right or call them my own).

BUT........

I don't care if the Bills wear a big pink stripe across their jerseys......if it helps them win games!!! A bunch o' losers in good looking uniforms is still a bunch o' losers!!If your a Bills fan then you have that right. No matter when you started pulling for Buffalo.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 08:13 PM
I don't care if I was alive or not (which I wasn't) when they had the throwbackish jerseys - I still like them the best.

chernobylwraiths
01-17-2006, 08:27 PM
I like the red helmet with the royal blue. I think they should go back to that uniform and use the throwback twice a year like SD seems to do all the time.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 08:30 PM
throwbacks twice a year would be a good marketing idea - it gives fans an extra jersey to buy.

G. Host
01-17-2006, 08:36 PM

Unless Donahoe filed a request, no, for it requires one year approval by NFL to get new uniforms.