PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sheppard

Carlton Bailey
01-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Remember this guy was the Bills' OC? I just heard on Mike and the Mad Dog a little while ago that he's a Belichick disciple and will likely be hired by Eric Mangini to run the Jets' offense.

Sheppard sure didn't look like a Belichick disciple in Buffalo or New Orleans. This would be a terrible hire for the Jets. They should keep Heimerdinger.

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2006, 01:19 PM
F the Jets.

I hope they hire all the garbage.

The_Philster
01-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Mangini was an intern 10 years ago in the Browns PR department...has followed Belichek around ever since...the knowledge he has of other coaches is rather limited compared to other guys who will be hired around the league. Hell, he's 34 years old

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 05:45 PM
35 according to the NFL Network.

TigerJ
01-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I honestly don't think Sheppard is a Belichick disciple. They must mean Mangini. Shepard was brought to Buffalo by Gregg Williams because Williams wanted to install the west coast offence. Shepard is a west coast offence guy. When did Belichick ever run the west coast? I think Shepard was the QB coach for a west coast offence team prior to Buffalo hiring him, maybe Green Bay, maybe Seattle. I've forgotten who. Most recently he has been Jim Haslett's OC in NO.

Whether or not he's garbage or has just been stuck trying to coach an offence that didn't fit the personnel of the teams that hired him is debatable. Once can certainly make the case that neither Buffalo or NO had the QBs to successfully run the west coast.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 05:51 PM
It was Seattle...

The_Philster
01-17-2006, 05:53 PM
35 according to the NFL Network.

<!--StartFragment --> CHECK: TURNS 35 ON JANUARY 19 http://www.newyorkjets.com/coaches/index.php?coaches_id=28#28
They're jumping the gun

Typ0
01-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Mangini is a good hire for the JETS. No coaches want to work in that environment and they are about to rebuild while they are stuck with Pennington. They need a guy that will committ to the long haul.

Dantheman1280
01-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Who are the pats going to bring up for coordinators now?? You know BB wants someone in house, I wonder if the towel boy is interested??

tat2dmike77
01-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Who are the pats going to bring up for coordinators now?? You know BB wants someone in house, I wonder if the towel boy is interested??

It's going to be that stupid ass diet pepsi machine:roflmao: