PDA

View Full Version : A nice thing about a Sherman Hire….

Patrick76777
01-17-2006, 02:23 PM
…We play the NFC North next year. He’s coached against these guys for 6 years. That’ll give us a big advantage.

EDS
01-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Not that it really tells us anything, but a friend who is a huge Packers fan told me that one of the principle reasons Sherman was fired was because he did not want to work with a young team - which is what the Packers will be next year.

Not sure if that makes him a great fit for Buffalo if Losman is given the reins.

LtBillsFan66
01-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Sounds like speculation. I want him here because he has experience winning and could build a winning staff around him. Something GW and MM were dreadful at.

Patrick76777
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Not that it really tells us anything, but a friend who is a huge Packers fan told me that one of the principle reasons Sherman was fired was because he did not want to work with a young team - which is what the Packers will be next year.
Not sure if that makes him a great fit for Buffalo if Losman is given the reins.
And nobody said that we’re rebuilding. Sure people around here want us to cut everybody over 28, but the team has said nothing about tearing down and rebuilding. The Bills have talent at the Skill spots. Just need to reload on the line.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 02:57 PM
And nobody said that we’re rebuilding. Sure people around here want us to cut everybody over 28, but the team has said nothing about tearing down and rebuilding. The Bills have talent at the Skill spots. Just need to reload on the line.
I think the most important thing for the bills this off-season is to rebuild the O and D-Line, if they do not do that it doesnt matter, if they bring in Sherman, Haslett, or Dick J because none of these guys can win with them holes on the line

audio/s
01-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Its not that I wouldnt want sherman but I would really like Mike Trgovac over mike sherman. He is the D-coord. for the panthers if he leaves after the season he would do great in buffalo

EDS
01-17-2006, 03:07 PM

Well, I don't think I said we are rebuilding, but if we do go with Losman at QB then it is basically the same situation Sherman would have had in GB with Rodgers at QB and veteran receivers Driver and Walker and veteran back Ahman Green.

Not sure how it is different?

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm here in Packer country and all I hear is Packer this Packer that. In fact I've occasionally watched the local Mike Sherman Show over the years.

That's why I firmly believe he's our man.

He's not one to shy away from blame, or from calling out players if they're not giving full efforts, or from making BS excuses. He's usually calm but grumpy (ala Bill Parcells). And players love him (Favre is probably going to retire because Sherman is gone). He knows how to win, has done more with less, except this year when half his team was injured. Even then he made no excuse, saying at a local interview that "injuries are part of the game...happens to every team....no reason to not expect to win just because of injuries..."

ShadowHawk7
01-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Good point. And he'll probably bring w/ him Jim Bates who would be a great DC for us.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 04:03 PM
I think Jim Bates is probably salivating over getting his hands on TKO, and TMac, along with the #8 overall to grab who ever he thinks will be the best gamebreaker Dlineman on the board.

TedMock
01-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Good point. And he'll probably bring w/ him Jim Bates who would be a great DC for us.

You beat me to it. I was just going to post the same exact thing. With Bates comes a better opportunity of getting a Grady Jackson in free agency as well.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Ublink.....Why dont you like haslett?

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2006, 04:29 PM
I like Haslett enough, but his barely-above average record in NO worries me a bit. Sure he didn't have that much to work with, other than Deuce and Horn, and that's why I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt.

But he's still second choice compared to Sherman.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Both Haslett and Sherman have areas that worry me, i really dont know who would be the best fit in buffalo, the thing that scares me about Sherman is that when he took the packers over that team was loaded and lost some linemen and struggled, that team looks similar to the bill, except the All-Pro QB

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Ublink.....Why dont you like haslett?

Because he NEVER had control of his lockerroom in N.O. - I've heard the rumors about players sleeping with other players wives, someone stealing money out of Deuce's locker - but I didn't hear of any of these players getting cut - which is exactly what I'd expect to happen if say some nobody for us (let's just say Mike Williams, or Anderson) was stealing from Spikes' locker or something like that, and nothing less. You need to let these guys know that they're a team playing a TEAM SPORT - that $#!t WILL NOT FLY ON MY SHIP!!!

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm here in Packer country and all I hear is Packer this Packer that. In fact I've occasionally watched the local Mike Sherman Show over the years.

That's why I firmly believe he's our man.

He's not one to shy away from blame, or from calling out players if they're not giving full efforts, or from making BS excuses. He's usually calm but grumpy (ala Bill Parcells). And players love him (Favre is probably going to retire because Sherman is gone). He knows how to win, has done more with less, except this year when half his team was injured. Even then he made no excuse, saying at a local interview that "injuries are part of the game...happens to every team....no reason to not expect to win just because of injuries..."

:10:

Great news. He just moved to the top of my list.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 04:41 PM
I agree, but i also think NO has a bigger problem with drafting and signing players with character problems, i dont think we really have that problem in Buffalo. To tell you the truth i dont think the coach should control who the players sleep with.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 04:42 PM
:10:

Great news. He just moved to the top of my list.
Wasnt he always at the top of your list???

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I agree, but i also think NO has a bigger problem with drafting and signing players with character problems, i dont think we really have that problem in Buffalo. To tell you the truth i dont think the coach should control who the players sleep with.

They should if it's someone banging other players' wives.

if they're banging the same prostitutes on the road - good for them - there's no strings attached, but when the lady has a ring on her finger placed their by a player on your team, it should go with out saying that she's off limits.

hydro014
01-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Would you take Belichick to coach our team, what about Parcells, or mike shanahan, ? i believe every one of them had losing record over their first few years. So you can just pick a coach b/c he's had a good record over his first few years.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 04:48 PM
They should if it's someone banging other players' wives.

if they're banging the same prostitutes on the road - good for them - there's no strings attached, but when the lady has a ring on her finger placed their by a player on your team, it should go with out saying that she's off limits.
I agree but i think that should be between the players and not the coaches. I mean someone slept with my wife or girlfriend, i wouldnt blame the coach i think i would have the problem with the guy that did it

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Wasnt he always at the top of your list???
It depended on the day. :;

But yeah, as for the pool of experienced HCs, it is Sherm and Haz as the top two candidates in my book. Sometimes I felt Haz would be better, and vice versa. But given what Miyagi posted, the scale just tipped back in his favor. I really want a guy who doesn't serve gallons of Kool Aid at every press conference.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
I agree but i think that should be between the players and not the coaches. I mean someone slept with my wife or girlfriend, i wouldnt blame the coach i think i would have the problem with the guy that did it

But that's the problem, I'd place a great deal of responsiblility on my coach to make my team very cohesive - If you're thinking more about beating the $#!t out of that teammate who banged your wife when he's on his way to his car after practice, you're not really thinking about learning your responsibilities - football at the professional level requires great concentration from all players - and that's just something that's gonna take away from it.

I'd much rather see my team's players get together on the days off that I give them to have a barbecue and sink some cold ones, and maybe discuss what they know about the upcoming week's opponent - not go out and sneak off with eachother's wives on an 'errand to the grocery store for some plastic cups' or something.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 05:02 PM
i agree, but like i said before we dont seem to have that problem in buffalo

dolphinssuck
01-17-2006, 07:50 PM
But that's the problem, I'd place a great deal of responsiblility on my coach to make my team very cohesive - If you're thinking more about beating the $#!t out of that teammate who banged your wife when he's on his way to his car after practice, you're not really thinking about learning your responsibilities - football at the professional level requires great concentration from all players - and that's just something that's gonna take away from it.

I'd much rather see my team's players get together on the days off that I give them to have a barbecue and sink some cold ones, and maybe discuss what they know about the upcoming week's opponent - not go out and sneak off with eachother's wives on an 'errand to the grocery store for some plastic cups' or something.Absouletly a team needs to be together and bond as not only teammates but as friends. This way they know how each other operates and knows their mind set on and off the field. Bring the team together and alot of positive things can happen.