Why is SHerman the best canidate besides wins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ferrygoat
    • Feb 2005

Why is SHerman the best canidate besides wins?

I want to know why everyone thinks Sherman is the man for the job, i know he has experience and more wins than any other coach out there but he also was coaching a better team. Why is Sherman better than Haslett, Jauran, Payton, or anyone else???
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: Why is SHerman the best canidate besides wins?

Dude there are like 4 threads asking the same thing:

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
    I'm here in Packer country and all I hear is Packer this Packer that. In fact I've occasionally watched the local Mike Sherman Show over the years.

That's why I firmly believe he's our man.

He's not one to shy away from blame, or from calling out players if they're not giving full efforts, or from making BS excuses. He's usually calm but grumpy (ala Bill Parcells). And players love him (Favre is probably going to retire because Sherman is gone). He knows how to win, has done more with less, except this year when half his team was injured. Even then he made no excuse, saying at a local interview that "injuries are part of the game...happens to every team....no reason to not expect to win just because of injuries..."

Comment

• Ferrygoat
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      Dude there are like 4 threads asking the same thing:
      Dude, then why dont you explain to me why Sherman is better than Haslett or the other guys???

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Process of elimination. Jauron's a moron. He hasn't been successful at all, save for one fluke season. He's not even that good as a coordinator.

Haslett is a question mark. He didn't do that well in NO but NO is a mess of an organization so who knows? I wouldn't mind him but so far he hasn't done anything spectacular.

Sherman is the only one who has been consistently successful.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

Sherman could also put an end to Op's *****ing for a while as well.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

Aside from just being a successful coach, Sherman's main background is with the offensive line. He coached o-line for several years in college. He coached o-line and TE's in the NFL before becoming an offensive coordinator. In my opinion, this combination of prior experience and winning is what makes him the most attractive candidate.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

and he can be a valuable asset to Marv seeing as how he's got prior GM experience.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• hydro014
                • May 2004

He is asking besides wins and losses, because some of the greatest coaches sucked in their first few years (ala: Belichick), so we cant just say because he is successful or had a good record. i agree with OpIv, but i like what goats asking, what type of intangables do these coaches bring in. What types of things can we expect a coach do bring to our team, community and our fan base, does he understand what the Bills mean to most of us? And i know everyone is going to say WINs, but with an OL and DL i think our team can win with a lot of coaches. So really think hard about each candidate and what they bring to the plate.

Mr. Miyagi, I live in Iowa and watch all the packers games, my roomate is a die hard packers fan, Sherman has not done more with less, he was given a roster full of stars, had one of the best QB's ever, and and OL which, up to this past year one of the best, so you cant say he has done more with less. Although i do agree with you about this year, he was put in a tough situation with all the injuries.

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

Right. See my reason above. He obviously values the o-line, as that is where his background lies. You can also add that he wanted to go after Losman to begin with, so Losman's development could be a personal mission for him (others have said this in past threads too).

I agree that other coaches could do well if we had a better offensive line, but the fact that Sherman values the line should result in him making that extra effort to improve it. This is an area that we haven't aggressively pursued.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Yeah.

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TedMock
                      Right. See my reason above. He obviously values the o-line, as that is where his background lies. You can also add that he wanted to go after Losman to begin with, so Losman's development could be a personal mission for him (others have said this in past threads too).

I agree that other coaches could do well if we had a better offensive line, but the fact that Sherman values the line should result in him making that extra effort to improve it. This is an area that we haven't aggressively pursued.
                      With that said, Sherman let Wahle and Rivera walk while he was in GB....to me that doesnt look like he tried to make the O-line better, it got worse

Comment

• hydro014
                        • May 2004

We know we are going to adress the OL, Marv said it when he got here. We dont have to bring in sherman to help the OL, we need talent. sherman told the gm last year not to resign two all pro o-linemen so i dont know if thats really a priority for sherman.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ferrygoat
                          With that said, Sherman let Wahle and Rivera walk while he was in GB....to me that doesnt look like he tried to make the O-line better, it got worse
                          He wanted to retain them. Nobody in the right mind would want to let them walk. But they commanded too much $$ and GB was not in too great of cap shape.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ferrygoat
                            I want to know why everyone thinks Sherman is the man for the job, i know he has experience and more wins than any other coach out there but he also was coaching a better team. Why is Sherman better than Haslett, Jauran, Payton, or anyone else???
                            What matters more than wins? Nothing.

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              What matters more than wins? Nothing.
                              True, i agree, but dont you also have to look at the team your winning with? Do you think Shermans record would be that good if he was coaching the Saints or the Texans???

Comment

Working...
                              X