PDA

View Full Version : Payton is New Orleans Saints new head coach!

Mitchy moo
01-17-2006, 04:41 PM
The New Orleans Saints have agreed in principle to a deal to make Dallas offensive coordinator Sean Payton their new head coach, FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer reports.

Well so much for getting him to Buffalo (not that I wanted him anyways). We better not Dilly dally too much on our coaching choice or we maybe out in the cold, quite literally.

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2006, 04:42 PM
That's fine. He sucks anyway. Looks like more misery is in store for NO.

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't think he sucks, but he ain't no up-and-coming genius as some think of him.

Gunzlingr
01-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't care for the guy, I don't know why?

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 04:56 PM
They were saying this guy was a football genius but im glad the bills didnt grab another first time HC

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
They were saying this guy was a football genius but im glad the bills didnt grab another first time HC
Football genius?? :rofl:

Then again, the Cowboys did have Bledsoe...

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 05:07 PM
yeah you think we wouldve heard of him before this year if he was so great...haha

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Football genius?? :rofl:

Then again, the Cowboys did have Bledsoe...
Except for this year, his offenses have ranked anywhere from 28th to 32nd in scoring the last 4 years. The Magical Statue, mostly due to the first half of the season, managed to help them get to a whopping 15th.

Yep, certified genius. :funny:

YardRat
01-17-2006, 05:21 PM
yeah you think we wouldve heard of him before this year if he was so great...haha

Actually he was mentioned by quite a few in the same breath as Fox when he was hired by the Panthers. Payton was the OC, Fox the DC for the Giants.

TigerJ
01-17-2006, 05:38 PM
He is pretty well regarded, I think, as an up and coming young coach. Having worked under Bill Parcells for a few years cannot but have helped with his development. I would not have minded him at all.

Ebenezer
01-17-2006, 05:41 PM
One less team to grab Sherman.

AndreReed83
01-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I have watched most of the Dallas games with him as a coach there. His main job has been QB coach at Dallas and Quincy, Vinny, and Drew all had a tendancy to make stupid choices and choke when the game was on the line (although, they've certainly been prone to do that with other coaches on other teams). He's been stripped of his play calling duties TWICE, once with the Giants and again with Dallas. I honestly don't think he was worthy of being considered for a job, much less GETTING one. I think the Saints just cemented their place at rock bottom...