PDA

View Full Version : How about trading for Dominick Davis?

Mitchy moo
01-17-2006, 04:49 PM
The Buffalo Bills should make it easy for the Houston Texans to draft Reggie Bush with the #1 overall pick in the 2006 draft by trading for Dominick Davis. Make a trade similiar to the one we made with Tenn. for Travis Henry and offer one of our two third round picks. Davis is a good running back and a better receiver out of the backfield than Willis McGahee. Davis is also signed to a long term contact.
Trade Willis McGahee to a team in need of a running back like Green Bay or Arizona for their number two draft choice this year. Willis McGahee's contract will be up soon and he may not want to play in Buffalo long term.
This scenerio gives the Bills a quality all around running back and receiver plus an extra second round pick. With 1 first round pick, 2 second rounders and a third you can begin to turn over your roster with good young talent.

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2006, 04:56 PM
No way. Davis is decent but he'll never be explosive like Willis when he wants to be.

That'd be a downgrade. :down:

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
I dont think that would be a smart move either

ParanoidAndroid
01-17-2006, 05:02 PM
:down:

OpIv37
01-17-2006, 05:09 PM
willis had a bad season but he also had a crappy o line. I think this team has far more pressing needs, and we better not trade any draft picks unless it's for guards or DT's.

FlyingDutchman
01-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Why do people think this is Madden football and think up all these crazy trade scenerios? People are too fast to give up on people here...

Meathead
01-17-2006, 06:15 PM
skoob ur fired

Mahdi
01-17-2006, 06:17 PM
If we get the right O-linemen in here Willis will be a 1500-1800 yard back. And if JP can make more plays next year that will open it up for Willis even more.

Typ0
01-17-2006, 06:18 PM
I didn't see one thing explosive from WM this season.

Meathead
01-17-2006, 06:24 PM
how bout his mouth

Typ0
01-17-2006, 06:25 PM
you got me there!

don137
01-17-2006, 06:25 PM
I rather spend the pick on addressing a real need. That is a great spot to get a very good guard or safety...

tat2dmike77
01-17-2006, 06:37 PM
how bout his mouth

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

tat2dmike77
01-17-2006, 06:39 PM
But seriously that indeed would be a bad trade. Now if your gonna do it on madden go ahead you will probly be happy with it.

Right now RB are a dime a dozen and honetly i don't think to many teams would take WM espically with his awesome agent he has. (Wish that guy would do us all a favor and find a tall building and go base jumping with no paracute) But anyway Davis is certainly no upgrade and i'm sure the texas already have the plan of trading him when they do dfrat bush.

FlyingDutchman
01-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I didnt see Willis run with any passion this year. It didnt seem like he had any anger or attitude when he ran. I really think the Oline constantly getting blown off the line had a lot to do with that, he was constantly slowed down in the backfield and forced to restart his sprint at the line of scrimmage. At this point he usually just started dancin around and trying to stiff arm at the line instead of takin off which resulted in his low production...We fix the Oline, we fix Willis...

Meathead
01-17-2006, 07:00 PM
the guy definitely has a self motivation problem

i think if you gave him a team hed be worked up but without it he looked like he just wanted to go through the motions and collect his paycheck

he has the potential to be top three but dont know if hell ever get there

Mitchy moo
01-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Why did you fire me meat?

ZacGriffi~82
01-17-2006, 07:13 PM
No way. Davis is decent but he'll never be explosive like Willis when he wants to be.

That'd be a downgrade. :down:

I don't agree with the trade either, but when has Willis ever shown he can be explosive?

!Papacrunk!
01-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Don't forget the biggest knock against the guy--injury prone.

Dr. Lecter
01-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Davis would cost much more than a 3rd too. He is much better than TH and does not have the baggage.

Mitchy moo
01-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Davis would cost much more than a 3rd too. He is much better than TH and does not have the baggage.

Is drug addiction baggage?

Dr. Lecter
01-17-2006, 07:43 PM
When you have one positive test, yes it is.

MarvLevy
01-17-2006, 08:23 PM
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST POST EVER ON THIS BOARD...

The_Philster
01-17-2006, 08:25 PM
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST POST EVER ON THIS BOARD...
use this http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/search.php?do=finduser&u=5625
You might find some even worse

vicmantak
01-17-2006, 08:49 PM
Please, this trade would not be one of the greatest suggestions but IMO it really makes sense. To rebuild a team it's strictly necessary to know and analyze different scenarios and it seems that Skooby is one step ahead of many of us.

Houston Texans are facing one of the most difficult situations and we don't have anything to lose. One of Bills third round picks for Dominick Davis makes sense for both teams and if we want to purge some Donahoe's issues... an unhappy Buffalo Bill like McGahee seems to be only possitive to this organization.

On the other hand, Arizona and Green Bay are not the only teams hungry for a RB and Detroit's 2nd round pick + one of their former #1 WRs pick makes sense too.

IMO Detroit has the most unfortunate situation and they are the best team to do some changes. They have one of the most succesful RB backgrounds on Billy Simms and Barry Sanders, and I'm sure, they will do everything it takes to address someone like McGahee.

In summary, Bills get:
1) A reliable and proven RB
2) An unvaluable spot to draft and develop a top prospect RB under Dominick Davis
3) A big talented former #1 draft pick WR on Charles Rogers and Roy or Mike Williams ready to work with Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish if Moulds is realeased.
4) A possible top draft pick spot to avoid another WR development looking to replace Moulds
5) A more sane and flexible salary cap space

G. Host
01-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Why do people think this is Madden football and think up all these crazy trade scenerios? People are too fast to give up on people here...

Is there are front office/coach version of Madden? Plenty of people seem to play that all of time.

Mitchy moo
01-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Please, this trade would not be one of the greatest suggestions but IMO it really makes sense. To rebuild a team it's strictly necessary to know and analyze different scenarios and it seems that Skooby is one step ahead of many of us.

Houston Texans are facing one of the most difficult situations and we don't have anything to lose. One of Bills third round picks for Dominick Davis makes sense for both teams and if we want to purge some Donahoe's issues... an unhappy Buffalo Bill like McGahee seems to be only possitive to this organization.

On the other hand, Arizona and Green Bay are not the only teams hungry for a RB and Detroit's 2nd round pick + one of their former #1 WRs pick makes sense too.

IMO Detroit has the most unfortunate situation and they are the best team to do some changes. They have one of the most succesful RB backgrounds on Billy Simms and Barry Sanders, and I'm sure, they will do everything it takes to address someone like McGahee.

In summary, Bills get:
1) A reliable and proven RB
2) An unvaluable spot to draft and develop a top prospect RB under Dominick Davis
3) A big talented former #1 draft pick WR on Charles Rogers and Roy or Mike Williams ready to work with Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish if Moulds is realeased.
4) A possible top draft pick spot to avoi+d another WR development looking to replace Moulds
5) A more sane and flexible salary cap space

:bullseye: Thank you vic, looking at the picture 5 + steps ahead is what builds championships. WM will become a liability in the next year or so & his agent will make marv's life a nightmare. Let's lose this over rated miami trash now while he still holds some value for us & get someone that can catch and run, not just run when he feels like it.

I am very sick of us counting on our TE's & them getting hurt. It eliminates a TE threat for making a catch. If you think about it, can you think of a game in the past 10 years that a Bills opponent planned for a pete metza....... TE type of attack??

Dr. Lecter
01-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Whay would anybody want the headcase, injury prone Charles Rogers?

vicmantak
01-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Whay would anybody want the headcase, injury prone Charles Rogers?
This is exactly the reason that I suggested Detroit's 2nd round pick + one of their injury prone WRs.

vicmantak
01-17-2006, 09:31 PM
WM will become a liability in the next year or so & his agent will make marv's life a nightmare. Let's lose this over rated miami trash now while he still holds some value for us & get someone that can catch and run, not just run when he feels like it.

I am very sick of us counting on our TE's & them getting hurt. It eliminates a TE threat for making a catch. If you think about it, can you think of a game in the past 10 years that a Bills opponent planned for a pete metza....... TE type of attack??
Skooby,

Don't stop to remind us the coming Willis McGahee's scenario. Frome the beginning he was a nightmare and I would say that he is still a nightmare.

On the other hand, it's really insane the TE's situation from a while. I clearly remember Pete Metzelaars role in the no huddle Kelly's offense and he is exactly one of the reasons I didn't stop efforts to address a TE as Bills priority last year... unfortunately this efforts weren't enough to address someone on draft like Tampa's Alex Smith...

FlyingDutchman
01-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Is there are front office/coach version of Madden? Plenty of people seem to play that all of time.

yeah you control everything and can do some crazy trades like multiple late rounds picks for 1st round picks other and shisty stuff....

Tatonka
01-17-2006, 10:31 PM
I didn't see one thing explosive from WM this season.

i agree.. willis was unimpressive.

Mitchy moo
01-18-2006, 06:41 AM
i agree.. willis was unimpressive.

That's a big understatement.