PDA

View Full Version : Jauron????

ratso
01-17-2006, 05:37 PM
I cannot laugh enough as well as the people that I work with that this organization is considerding Dick Jauron. He is a coordinator. Period. This guy could not lead a one car parade. The Bears thing was a sham.

As aBills fan living here in Chicago for the last four years. I can tell you this would be a grave mistake.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 05:39 PM
It looked like The job is between Jauron and Sherman, well atleast thats the way they made it seem on the news

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Look on the bright side - if we hire him it will be like getting to watch 16 trainwrecks every sunday next year!!!

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 05:41 PM
If its down to these two, Im for Sherman all the way

ratso
01-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Just curious-why the hostility toward Haslett?

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 05:43 PM
the way he handled some things in N.O.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Im a fan of Haslett, but its looking like hes gonna take the job in Detroit

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Look on the bright side - if we hire him it will be like getting to watch 16 trainwrecks every sunday next year!!!

I think we've had enough of those to last for a very long time. :;

DynaPaul
01-17-2006, 06:09 PM
John Clayton just said on ESPN that Jauron is the frontrunner since he interviewed first on Monday. Supposedly, Mike Sherman is supposed to interview tomorrow and then Haslett later in the week. I don't know that Jauron is automatically the front runner since he interviewed first.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Or since that Clayton reported it.

Clayton looks like an alien.

AndreReed83
01-17-2006, 06:19 PM
He said Jauron was also the front runner because Marv liked him, Jauron was considered for the job back when Marv was hired, and they are both Ivy leaguers, so Marv likes his smarts. I think we should probably pass.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 06:21 PM
If Marv does hire this guy, I'm gonna have to start contemplating turning on Marv, but he gets the benefit of the doubt.

tat2dmike77
01-17-2006, 06:27 PM
John Clayton is a nerd! Why does a guy that looks like he has never even picked up a football report on it. I mean the guy looks like he was the type of kid that was allergic to everything.

Anyway Jauron a front runner yeah right. This is just anthor one of those stories ESPN is reporting cause they can. I highly doubt he is the front runner for the HC job. Now maybe the DC position yeah i can see that. Say what you want about detroit they had a decent defense. Can you name a player on thier defense i know i can't. The only lions game i watched was the turkey day one and thier defense kept them in it for the most part.

I just think ESPN is getting off on trying to Piss off billsnation. Jauron the front runner cause he interviewed first. Yeah sure if thats how things are run in the NFL then i need to go and be the first in line to get a interview. Jauron is nothing more then DC that's all nothing more nothing less. Sound like a guy i know named gregg williams eh?

Nighthawk
01-17-2006, 07:12 PM
If Marv does hire this guy, I'm gonna have to start contemplating turning on Marv, but he gets the benefit of the doubt.

If Marv hires this guy we should all start to run his ass out of town!

vicmantak
01-17-2006, 07:36 PM
I found this really interesting and it's just a copy and paste of FreeSafety of the Buffalo Bills Message Board:

As a HC, Dick Jauron has a career record of 35-45. That was a five year span from 1999-2003 with the Chicago Bears. Everyone looks at his record and automatically say they don't want him. Before you convict him in the court of the fans, look at the lack of talent he was given to work with.

99: QB- Shane Matthews, RB- Curtis Enis, WR- Marcus Robinson
00: QB- Cade McNown, RB- James Allen, WR- Marcus Robinson
01: QB- Jim Miller, RB- Anthony Thomas, WR- Marty Booker
02: QB- Jim Miller, RB- Anthony Thomas, WR- Marty Booker
03: QB- Kordell Stewart, RB- Anthony Thomas, WR- Marty Booker

Who could expect a head coach to consistently win football games with talent like this? 4 different QBs, 3 different RBs, and 2 different receivers in 5 years. Jim Haslett's 6 year record is 45-51. Take a look at what Haslett's had to work with:

00: QB- Jeff Blake, RB- Ricky Williams, WR- Joe Horn
01: QB- Aaron Brooks, RB- Ricky Williams, WR Joe Horn
02: QB- Aaron Brooks, RB- Deuce McAllister, WR- Joe Horn
03: QB- Aaron Brooks, RB- Deuce McAllister, WR- Joe Horn
04: QB- Aaron Brooks, RB- Deuce McAllister, WR- Joe Horn
05: QB- Aaron Brooks, RB- Antowain Smith, WR- Dante Stallworth

That's 2 different QBs, 2 different RBs (McAllister didn't lose his job, he was injured) and 2 recivers in 6 years. Quite a bit more stability and considerably more talent.

Now if you take these guys' records and divide them by the total number of years coached, you'll find that Jauron's average W/L record is 7-9, and Haslett's is 7.5- 8.5. Haslett's amount of talent as compared to jauron's should account for more than 1 more win every 2 seasons. And now for the Sherman crowd:

00: QB- Brett Favre, RB- Ahman Green, WR- Bill Schroeder
01: QB- Brett Favre, RB- Ahman Green, WR- Bill Schroeder
02: QB- Brett Favre, RB- Ahman Green, WR- Donald Driver
03: QB: Brett Favre, RB- Ahman Green, WR- Javon Walker
04: QB- Brett Favre, RB- Ahman Green, WR- Javon Walker
05: QB- Brett Favre, RB- Samkon Gado, WR- Donald Driver

The same QB, who happens to have won a SB prior to Sherman's tenure, the same RB until '05 when he was hurt, and 3 seperate leading receivers. Much more stability than the Bears in Jauron's tenure and one of the most talented teams in the NFL during this span. Sherman's record during that time was 57-39. Divided by 6 comes to 9.5-6.5. This kind of talent produces 2-3 more wins a year than Jauron's band of busts and journeymen?

Let's look at the Bills since 2000.
00: QB- Rob Johnson, RB- Shawn Bryson, WR- Eric Moulds
01: QB- Alex Van Pelt, RB- Travis Henry, WR- Eric Moulds
02: QB- Drew Bledsoe, RB- Travis Henry, WR- Eric Moulds
03: QB- Drew Bledsoe, RB- Travis Henry, WR- Eric Moulds
04: QB- Drew Bledsoe, RB- Willis McGahee, WR- Eric Moulds
05: QB- Kelly Holcomb, RB- Willis McGahee, WR- Eric Moulds

The Bills average W/L record over this 6 years span is 6.5-9.5. That's with considerably more talent than Jauron's Bears had, about even talent with Haslett's Saints, and less talent than Sherman's Packers. About equal to Jauron's Bears' stability, considerably less stability than either Haslett's Saints or Sherman's Packers. 4 seperate QBs (not including Losman), 3 seperate RBs with the only stability at WR. Now I'm not saying Dick Jauron will solve all of our problems if we hire him. I'm not "blaming" Mike Sherman for having talented players or for working for a stable organization. However, Jauron has seen this kind of situation before. He has done more with less, as opposed to less with more like Haslett and Sherman. I think if we bring in Haslett, we'll be around 8-8 most every year he's here. This year was the first time Sherman has ever had to face considerable adversity as a HC, and he still never had to deal with the growing pains of developing a young QB. Speaking of which, if Sherman comes in, better get ready to see Holcomb. I don't care how much he liked JP, how much did Aaron Rodgers play this year? I'm not comparing Holcomb to Favre, that would be ridiculous. However, I am comparing playing the vet that isn't the future once the season's already lost to not playing the kid that's supposed to be the future. I for one, am supporting Dick Jauron, assuming Jauron, Sherman and Haslett make up our short list.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108433<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1556824-->

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 07:55 PM
I'll take the results, and hopefully the D coordinator he can bring with him, thank you.

Iehoshua
01-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Jauron????
Passssssssssssssssssssssss.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Everytime it comes to us needing a new head coach, (since I've been on here) we always pass on the guy that tops my list, and he goes on to get a job elsewhere and ends up being a great hire - see Crennell and Weiss, and I hella wanted Marvin Lewis (though he didn't want to coach here so F*** HIM, (I HOPE WE CONTINUE TO RUIN THE BENGALS' PLAYOFF SEEDING AS LONG AS HE'S THERE, HE CAN KISS MY HAIRY SUB-STANDARD MCBEANER @$$).

If I remember correctly, Gregg Williams wasn't even a thought for me - anyone else remember who else we interviewed for the job after we canned Wade "Gravy Stains" Phillips (god I hate giving someone with the same last name as myself the nickname 'gravy stains').

T-Long
01-17-2006, 08:46 PM
I found this really interesting and it's just a copy and paste of FreeSafety of the Buffalo Bills Message Board:

As a HC, Dick Jauron has a career record of 35-45. That was a five year span from 1999-2003 with the Chicago Bears. Everyone looks at his record and automatically say they don't want him. Before you convict him in the court of the fans, look at the lack of talent he was given to work with.

Who could expect a head coach to consistently win football games with talent like this? 4 different QBs, 3 different RBs, and 2 different receivers in 5 years. Jim Haslett's 6 year record is 45-51. Take a look at what Haslett's had to work with:

00: QB- Jeff Blake, RB- Ricky Williams, WR- Joe Horn
01: QB- Aaron Brooks, RB- Ricky Williams, WR Joe Horn
02: QB- Aaron Brooks, RB- Deuce McAllister, WR- Joe Horn
03: QB- Aaron Brooks, RB- Deuce McAllister, WR- Joe Horn
04: QB- Aaron Brooks, RB- Deuce McAllister, WR- Joe Horn
05: QB- Aaron Brooks, RB- Antowain Smith, WR- Dante Stallworth

That's 2 different QBs, 2 different RBs (McAllister didn't lose his job, he was injured) and 2 recivers in 6 years. Quite a bit more stability and considerably more talent.

Now if you take these guys' records and divide them by the total number of years coached, you'll find that Jauron's average W/L record is 7-9, and Haslett's is 7.5- 8.5. Haslett's amount of talent as compared to jauron's should account for more than 1 more win every 2 seasons. And now for the Sherman crowd:

00: QB- Brett Favre, RB- Ahman Green, WR- Bill Schroeder
01: QB- Brett Favre, RB- Ahman Green, WR- Bill Schroeder
02: QB- Brett Favre, RB- Ahman Green, WR- Donald Driver
03: QB: Brett Favre, RB- Ahman Green, WR- Javon Walker
04: QB- Brett Favre, RB- Ahman Green, WR- Javon Walker
05: QB- Brett Favre, RB- Samkon Gado, WR- Donald Driver

The same QB, who happens to have won a SB prior to Sherman's tenure, the same RB until '05 when he was hurt, and 3 seperate leading receivers. Much more stability than the Bears in Jauron's tenure and one of the most talented teams in the NFL during this span. Sherman's record during that time was 57-39. Divided by 6 comes to 9.5-6.5. This kind of talent produces 2-3 more wins a year than Jauron's band of busts and journeymen?

Let's look at the Bills since 2000.
00: QB- Rob Johnson, RB- Shawn Bryson, WR- Eric Moulds
01: QB- Alex Van Pelt, RB- Travis Henry, WR- Eric Moulds
02: QB- Drew Bledsoe, RB- Travis Henry, WR- Eric Moulds
03: QB- Drew Bledsoe, RB- Travis Henry, WR- Eric Moulds
04: QB- Drew Bledsoe, RB- Willis McGahee, WR- Eric Moulds
05: QB- Kelly Holcomb, RB- Willis McGahee, WR- Eric Moulds

The Bills average W/L record over this 6 years span is 6.5-9.5. That's with considerably more talent than Jauron's Bears had, about even talent with Haslett's Saints, and less talent than Sherman's Packers. About equal to Jauron's Bears' stability, considerably less stability than either Haslett's Saints or Sherman's Packers. 4 seperate QBs (not including Losman), 3 seperate RBs with the only stability at WR. Now I'm not saying Dick Jauron will solve all of our problems if we hire him. I'm not "blaming" Mike Sherman for having talented players or for working for a stable organization. However, Jauron has seen this kind of situation before. He has done more with less, as opposed to less with more like Haslett and Sherman. I think if we bring in Haslett, we'll be around 8-8 most every year he's here. This year was the first time Sherman has ever had to face considerable adversity as a HC, and he still never had to deal with the growing pains of developing a young QB. Speaking of which, if Sherman comes in, better get ready to see Holcomb. I don't care how much he liked JP, how much did Aaron Rodgers play this year? I'm not comparing Holcomb to Favre, that would be ridiculous. However, I am comparing playing the vet that isn't the future once the season's already lost to not playing the kid that's supposed to be the future. I for one, am supporting Dick Jauron, assuming Jauron, Sherman and Haslett make up our short list.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108433<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1556824-->

One of the best posts I have ever read :beers:

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Everytime it comes to us needing a new head coach, (since I've been on here) we always pass on the guy that tops my list, and he goes on to get a job elsewhere and ends up being a great hire - see Crennell and Weiss, and I hella wanted Marvin Lewis (though he didn't want to coach here so F*** HIM, (I HOPE WE CONTINUE TO RUIN THE BENGALS' PLAYOFF SEEDING AS LONG AS HE'S THERE, HE CAN KISS MY HAIRY SUB-STANDARD MCBEANER @$$).

If I remember correctly, Gregg Williams wasn't even a thought for me - anyone else remember who else we interviewed for the job after we canned Wade "Gravy Stains" Phillips (god I hate giving someone with the same last name as myself the nickname 'gravy stains').
Didnt we have the chance to hire John Foz intead of Greg Williams??? What a terrible mistake!!!

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Fox

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Yes we did.

I think we had a few others to take as well - I was high on one of the other candidates... I really wanted Marvin Lewis, but he didn't want to coach here because his wife wears the pants.

Charlieguide
01-17-2006, 09:45 PM

. . .

A good argument presented regarding each coach, except for one thing. it's not just about those three positions. How good would Dom Capers have looked if he'd had an OL in there? (for that matter, how good would Domanick Davis look?)

Overall, I think Sherman and Haslett have better charisma, while Jauron did a little more with a little less in 2001. I'm not sure which I'd prefer, but I was never really impressed with Jauron.

ShadowHawk7
01-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Agreed. A great copy and paste. A sound arguement as well. While I'd take Sherman over Jauron, I think I'd take Jauron over Haslett at this point.