PDA

View Full Version : Possible coaching line up still available

jpdex12
01-17-2006, 09:32 PM
This looked so interesting I had to start a thread out of it!

Jesus C*****! After looking at Sherman's 5 out of 6 winning seasons, it would be hard to pass him up! Can you imagine:

Marv Levy GM

Mike Sherman HC

Mike Martz OC

Jim Bates DC

What a friggin crop of coaching talent!

Any opinions?:bringit:

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Mike Martz Has a great offensive mind, but i dont like him because he doesnt run the ball!!!

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 09:48 PM
If he becomes our OC, it would mean West coast Offense and that takes too long to learn (Let's give JP something a little less complicated and timing oriented), and it's really not suited for Buffalo given the fact that the stadium isn't a dome.

jpdex12
01-17-2006, 10:01 PM
If he becomes our OC, it would mean West coast Offense and that takes too long to learn (Let's give JP something a little less complicated and timing oriented), and it's really not suited for Buffalo given the fact that the stadium isn't a dome.

Why is it that everyone thinks that just because a coach ran a certian type of offense with one team that he cannot run a different type of offense with another team? Last time I checked this was football not rocket science.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Either way, Martz is no rocket scientist when it comes to football.

I'm completely opposed to Martz on our sidelines in any capacity.

My uncle's a Rams fan, and he sounded like he couldn't wait for Martz to get canned - even after the superbowl appearance he led the rams to - he felt he was just riding the wave Vermiel created - and now it appears he was pretty damn right.

jpdex12
01-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Either way, Martz is no rocket scientist when it comes to football.

I'm completely opposed to Martz on our sidelines in any capacity.

My uncle's a Rams fan, and he sounded like he couldn't wait for Martz to get canned - even after the superbowl appearance he led the rams to - he felt he was just riding the wave Vermiel created - and now it appears he was pretty damn right.

I'm trying to be unbiased with my thoughts on our next OC, but you have to admit that Martz has had a potent offense while he was OC under Vermeil and also when he was HC. No other OC's stand out right now for our next hire other than Fassel.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Yeah, he did in a covered dome on astro turf in a division that played the likes of the Seahawks (when they were crappy), Cardinals and 49ers - last I checked, that's not a division known very well for it's defenses.

jpdex12
01-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah, he did in a covered dome on astro turf in a division that played the likes of the Seahawks (when they were crappy), Cardinals and 49ers - last I checked, that's not a division known very well for it's defenses.

True. But neither has the NFC North and Jauron has earned an interview with us so would it be unreal that Martz could be a good OC canidate?

Bert102176
01-17-2006, 10:23 PM
forget Martz, was Mike Tice an OC before?

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 10:24 PM
If we hire Sherman, who do u think he'll bring in as our OC?

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Or if We hire Jauron, do u think he'll bring in mariucci as the OC???

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 10:27 PM
I have no idea, but I'll trust his judgement.

He may just elect to promote Wyche. if he cans him, it could POSSIBLY put implications in JP's mind.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't want anyone competent in the WCO on our sidelines.

I think we should consider some QB coaches who have gotten consistent play out of their guys - like KC's or Seattle's, or Carolina's (Green and Hasselbeck - Delhomme currently has the best record of all the remaining QBs in the playoffs during the playoffs).

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 10:31 PM
yeah you would think that they would want to run atleast a similar offense to keep things easier for the team, if you bring in a guy with a totally different system it could take a year or two for the player to get to know it and adjust to it

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Scratch Seattle - if it's a WCO.

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 10:33 PM
I wouldnt like to see the WCO either

RedEyE
01-17-2006, 10:35 PM
I honestly don't see Martz in Buffalo. If Sherman comes in he'll want to bring some of his guys with him.

ublinkwescore
01-17-2006, 10:37 PM
As long as he can't can April (which appears to be the case, I'm all for it - maybe McNally can be OC?)

Ferrygoat
01-17-2006, 10:41 PM
I honestly don't see Martz in Buffalo. If Sherman comes in he'll want to bring some of his guys with him.
I dont want to see Martz in Buffalo, but who are some of Shermans guys besides the DC, Bates?