PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills Hire Jauron I'M DONE !!!!!!!!

Bmax
01-18-2006, 01:43 AM
THIS WOULD BE THE WORST HIRE IN THE NFL IN LAST TWENTY YEARS...

No way can i support this hire .. we would really be the laughing stock of the nfl...

Most fan polls have this guy getting only 8 -9 %
of support...I guess he has some family in WNY

I WOULD BE GOOD WITH SHERMAN....but JAURON please.................

NO WAY THEY CAN SELL THIS TO FANS WE ARE NOT STUPID....

I got an idea why don't we just bring back Hank Bullough....Dick Jauron and Bullough are cut from the same cloth....

Bmax

Historian
01-18-2006, 05:08 AM
Yea...you're done.

Until the schedule comes out.

Until the draft.

Until the Bills marketing blitz kicks into high gear.

Why don't you just wait to see how things shake out before you turn in your Bills Booster card, huh?

:rolleyes:

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2006, 05:53 AM
See ya.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:03 AM
The man does have a point folks. We hire Jauron, we are screwed period. the man flat sucks as a HC. I will put it this way, He is easilly as bad as richie kotite.

Jeff1220
01-18-2006, 07:14 AM
I'm willing to give any of the candidates well into the season until I start to hate. I'm far from a Jauron fan, but instead of being miserable about it, before even seeing how it turns out, I'm willing to give any hire a chance. Jauron has only had one chance at HC, and it was at a Chicago team that hadn't been good in years. Almost his whole tenure in Chicago was under the shadow of a GM (Angelo) that didn't hire him and didn't want him. They were constantly at odds in the decision making process and trying to get the right personnel in there seemed futile. It was not the ideal situation for anyone to be successful. Again, DJ is far from my top choice, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Whoever gets hired (DJ, Sherman, Haslett, Marv himself), I'm not giving him much time to prove that he can coach, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see how he does in Buffalo.

Historian
01-18-2006, 07:19 AM
I disagree.

While he's not on the top of my list, I look at him as possibly the next Belichek. There are some parallels.

Good defensive mind...not the most alluring personality, but tough as nails...roughly the same age...had moderate success his first time around....ready for another shot.

The fact that he knows Marv, and has already coached here is a plus too. His familliar with the facility and the area, means he can dive right into the job.

Like I said, he's not at the top of my list, but after the last two dorks, I'm willing to try anybody with some NFL experience.

And if Marv likes him, that speaks volumes about his character.

If he's the guy...I'll support him.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:23 AM
I disagree.

While he's not on the top of my list, I look at him as possibly the next Belichek. There are some parallels.

Good defensive mind...not the most alluring personality, but tough as nails...roughly the same age...had moderate success his first time around....ready for another shot.

The fact that he knows Marv, and has already coached here is a plus too. His familliar with the facility and the area, means he can dive right into the job.

Like I said, he's not at the top of my list, but after the last two dorks, I'm willing to try anybody with some NFL experience.

Character doesn't win us football games as a HC. Being liked by Marv doesn't win football games. Jauron sucks as a HC. He is just like Wade, Nice guy, good coordinator, should NEVER Be a HC again.

We hire Jauron, we are screwed beyond belief.

Historian
01-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Character doesn't win us football games as a HC. Being liked by Marv doesn't win football games. Jauron sucks as a HC. He is just like Wade, Nice guy, good coordinator, should NEVER Be a HC again.

I would take Wade back in a heartbeat.

He's the only coach in team history to never have a losing season here.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:50 AM

Wade QUIT on national TV. we sunk to nothing and Indy made the playoffs after Wades 'Well, neither of us is going to make the playoffs' comments on MNF!

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2006, 07:52 AM
No way can i support this hire .. we would really be the laughing stock of the nfl...
Most fan polls have this guy getting only 8 -9 %
of support...I guess he has some family in WNY
I WOULD BE GOOD WITH SHERMAN....but JAURON please.................
NO WAY THEY CAN SELL THIS TO FANS WE ARE NOT STUPID....
I got an idea why don't we just bring back Hank Bullough....Dick Jauron and Bullough are cut from the same cloth....
Bmax
See ya then....

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2006, 07:53 AM
I disagree.
Exactly. Jauron isn't # 1 on my list but I won't freak out if we get him.

Novacane
01-18-2006, 07:55 AM

Mularkey already holds that honor

LtBillsFan66
01-18-2006, 07:56 AM
I'll be pissed if we hire him.

TheBrownBear
01-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Don't forget....Marv was a failure (also ran) before he got the Buffalo job. Jauron had one very good season with the Bears, but then he had some bad luck with injuries and some of their draft picks just didn't work out (ahem...Cade McNown). The guy is a good defensive coach and he has head coaching experience. Sherman is my #1, but Jauron is not too far down the list. The Bills could do a lot worse than Jauron (SEE Haslett).

Typ0
01-18-2006, 09:03 AM
considering the number of people *****ing about Jauron pencil him in....he's going to be our guy!

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2006, 09:46 AM
I'll be pissed if we hire him.
Me too.

So many people here already paving a back road for themselves just in case.

Jan Reimers
01-18-2006, 09:54 AM
In my 46 years as a Bills' fan, I've been done several times. But like any addict, I can't ever seem to give them up.

I like Mike Sherman way better than Jauron, but if they choose Jauron, I'll probably soldier on, *****ing and screaming like I've done hundreds of times since 1960. That's the nature of being a Bills' fan.

Ed
01-18-2006, 09:59 AM
I consider myself one of the most positive and optomistic Bills fans out there. I've always supported every decision made by Ralph, Donahoe or whoever and convinced myself that it was the best move and that this would finally be the year everything starts coming together. But if we end up hiring Jauron, for the first time I'll be really unhappy with the direction this team is going.

I know Ralph and Marv want experience, but I'd rather go with an up and coming coordinator then Jauron. Hell I'd take anyone over Jauron. April, Gray, Cotrell or whoever.

don137
01-18-2006, 10:03 AM
I can see the hiring of Jauron having an adverse effect on ticket sales. How can people get excited about Jauron? I thought about canceling my NFL ticket next year if they hire Jauron. I doubt I'll do it but I have entertained the thought. Jauron has done nothing at the Head Coach level and even looked like a terrible DC in Detroit.

TacklingDummy
01-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Marv was a bad coach with great talent around him.

If Marv was a great coach we would have more then 0 rings.

Bmax
01-18-2006, 10:31 AM

The statement alone shows me that you are clueless when it comes to the head coaching situation..

Back back gomer no way...

Bmax

ublinkwescore
01-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm willing to give any of the candidates well into the season until I start to hate. I'm far from a Jauron fan, but instead of being miserable about it, before even seeing how it turns out, I'm willing to give any hire a chance. Jauron has only had one chance at HC, and it was at a Chicago team that hadn't been good in years. Almost his whole tenure in Chicago was under the shadow of a GM (Angelo) that didn't hire him and didn't want him. They were constantly at odds in the decision making process and trying to get the right personnel in there seemed futile. It was not the ideal situation for anyone to be successful. Again, DJ is far from my top choice, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Whoever gets hired (DJ, Sherman, Haslett, Marv himself), I'm not giving him much time to prove that he can coach, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see how he does in Buffalo.

I'm with jeff1220 on this one - if we do unfortunately hire Jauron, I will watch some early season games, and hope for the best, hopefully, it will be a pleasant surprise, but if we don't have a win by week 4, I'm prepared to turn my back on this team. I won't watch any football.

Philagape
01-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Who goes to a game to watch a coach? The most entertaining Bills game I've ever been to was under GW.

I approach every season with an open mind, and my feelings about the team are determined by what they actually do, not what I think they will do.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Marv was a bad coach with great talent around him.
If Marv was a great coach we would have more then 0 rings.

Marv was a good coach - he turned the Bickering Bills into a cohesive unit.

If he didn't pull that off, we'd have 0 superbowl appearances - enough said.

finsrclowns
01-18-2006, 10:57 AM
I disagree.

:roflmao: Give me a shot of some of the blue and red Kool-Aid you're drinking, I need it. Jauron had one good year as a HC. One. I've never ever heard anyone talk about him being a genius or anything like that which they did about little Bill almost from the get go so even mentioning him as another Belichick is a huge huge stretch IMO.

Hiring Jauron IMO is a bad hire. Sherman doesn't exactly have a magnetic personality either but he's got a winning record as a HC. But Marv hasn't called me yet to ask my opinion. Gotta go wait by the phone in case he needs my input.

Michael82
01-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I disagree.

The NEXT BELICHICK?!?!?! :laughing: :lmao: :roflmao:

Billz_fan
01-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Of the available coaches I want Sherman.

Mahdi
01-18-2006, 11:16 AM
What evidence about Jauron being a bad coach does everyone have besides his stint with the Bears? It seems to me that thats the only evidence against him. If so, then that is not sufficient because many coaches have not done well their first time around.

36-46
35-45
31-46 Those are the records of Belichick, Jauron and Levy in their first 5 years as
HCs. Clearly a coach can get it right his second time around.

samhain1961
01-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Didn't Jauron almost brown nose his way into the job two years ago during a dinner with Ralph?
Man, I do NOT like the way the wind is blowing on this one...

I have a feeling that that dottering old fool is going to be charmed again & that Levy will go with him based on familiarity. He probably figures Jauron will be so grateful for being hired that he'll allow ol' Marv to be his unofficial "co-head coach".
I hate to be so cynical, but I think our next head coach hiring is just going to stink of old boy cronyism.
God, I hope I'm wrong!

hammerbillsfan
12-15-2008, 03:24 PM

Bring back ICE!

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 03:26 PM
You must be pretty bored HBF.

sba
12-15-2008, 03:27 PM
I look at him as possibly the next Belichek.

:oops::lol::chuckle:

hammerbillsfan
12-15-2008, 03:27 PM
You must be pretty bored HBF.

:meh: it's a Monday, plus i feel like stirring the pot