• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Belicheck vs. Brady

This ran through my head for a moment and figured I'd see what you guys think. Most people see BB as the mastermind genius of the Pats and Brady the special, poised QB who is perfect for BB's system. So, who is more important? I always thought BB, but TB has never been without BB in the NFL. Before Brady, in Cleveland and NE (with Bledsoe at QB), Bill Belicheck was an average coach, at best. Before Brady took over, and the team started 0-2, there were rumblings that BB was going to get the ax in NE. Is it strange that the whole team seemed better under Brady than Drew? As much as most of us hate Brady, is he the real reason for success in NE, while BB rides TB's talent to the Lombardi comparisons? Or is it just that BB didn't have the team he needed before then...were the QBs he had that bad that they brought him down that much?
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Belicheck vs. Brady

Originally posted by Jeff1220
    This ran through my head for a moment and figured I'd see what you guys think. Most people see BB as the mastermind genius of the Pats and Brady the special, poised QB who is perfect for BB's system. So, who is more important? I always thought BB, but TB has never been without BB in the NFL. Before Brady, in Cleveland and NE (with Bledsoe at QB), Bill Belicheck was an average coach, at best. Before Brady took over, and the team started 0-2, there were rumblings that BB was going to get the ax in NE. Is it strange that the whole team seemed better under Brady than Drew? As much as most of us hate Brady, is he the real reason for success in NE, while BB rides TB's talent to the Lombardi comparisons? Or is it just that BB didn't have the team he needed before then...were the QBs he had that bad that they brought him down that much?
    Oh tommy you are so smart. We do not want to see another kiss TB *** post.

's.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

You can send your boyfriend Hershey's "World's Largest Kiss" as well from here:

Go to www.samsclub.com and do a search for item 936456. Shows up $4.81 once in your shopping cart (do a click-and-pull). MAKE SURE YOU ADD IT TO SHOPPING CART, shows $6.81 until you do!

He may actually say thank you when your done

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I think Parcells is the genius here. After all it was Parcells former staff that won all those superbowls.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Jeff1220
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
          Oh tommy you are so smart. We do not want to see another kiss TB *** post.
          's.
          Originally posted by Skooby
          You can send your boyfriend Hershey's "World's Largest Kiss" as well from here:
          Go to www.samsclub.com and do a search for item 936456. Shows up $4.81 once in your shopping cart (do a click-and-pull). MAKE SURE YOU ADD IT TO SHOPPING CART, shows $6.81 until you do!
          He may actually say thank you when your done
          With all the coach talk and BB love, I figured this could be discussed from an unbiased pov for once. Appearantly not.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jeff1220
            With all the coach talk and BB love, I figured this could be discussed from an unbiased pov for once. Appearantly not.
            wrong again, right back at you.

Comment

• Jeff1220
              • Jul 2002

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I think they just found a combo that works- put another QB in, or give Brady a coach that doesn't have a BB pedigree, and the Pats are ****ed.

Don't underestimate the system as an aspect of Brady's success. Did you watch ND at all this year? Their QB is being compared to Tom Brady because of Weiss' near identical system and the way he plays in it. The same QB didn't look nearly as good under Willingham in 04.

NE just does a better job of matching the system with their players than most NFL teams do.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Bill AND Tom wouldn't look good without all of the talent they had around them.
                    Bill was throwing absolutely stupid unwinnable red flags in the first part of reg season. Nobody was catching or running the ball from Brady. I think they're both average without the other talent.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                      • Dec 2005

I think it is a cobination of they both need each other. TB is nothing spectacular yes i know he has the rings but it's not like he is brett favre or peyton manning. In the sense that he can light up a defense.

I'm not taking anything away from TB or BB but if you look at in the fact that they both need each other it makes sense. BB couldn't do jack in cleveland or with the jets. Then he comes into NE with old man bledslow and they have so so year. I'm sure that the fact that BB can put the right people in on his team has something to do with it.

Of course i think the system is a big part of the whole thing. Alot of people seem to forget one thing about NE first super bowl run. I hate to say this but if it were not for bledslow the pats would not of won the game when TB went down with the injury for the rest of the game.

Point is it's a combonation of both. If BB leaves TB will become what he was at michigan average. If TB leaves then BB will go back to having average seasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X