PDA

View Full Version : There is a 'hire Sherman' Rally at OBD at 10 am

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
I read this on a couple other boards. 1000 fans :limpclap:are expected!

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Wow I don't think I am that into Sherman to go to a rally.

OpIv37
01-18-2006, 09:09 AM
I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand, I think it makes a strong statement that the fans do not want Jauron or Haslett (and that people in Buffalo have way too much spare time).

On the other hand, Marv is a football professional and the fans are not. If he honestly thinks someone other than Sherman is the best man for the job, I'd hate to see him buckle under the pressure. Fans in Buffalo are, for the most part, very knowledgable about football, but we're still just fans.

Of course, if he hires Jauron it will wreak of the "good ole boy" network again. MM got the job cuz of his Pitt connections with TD and I don't want to see that mistake again.

helmetguy
01-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Wasn't it Marv who said, "If you start doing what the fans tell you, you'll probably end up sitting with them;" or words to that affect?

Earthquake Enyart
01-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Marv, by his own admission, doesn't know wtf he's doing.

Patrick76777
01-18-2006, 09:20 AM
I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand, I think it makes a strong statement that the fans do not want Jauron or Haslett (and that people in Buffalo have way too much spare time).

On the other hand, Marv is a football professional and the fans are not. If he honestly thinks someone other than Sherman is the best man for the job, I'd hate to see him buckle under the pressure. Fans in Buffalo are, for the most part, very knowledgable about football, but we're still just fans.

Of course, if he hires Jauron it will wreak of the "good ole boy" network again. MM got the job cuz of his Pitt connections with TD and I don't want to see that mistake again.
Wow, nice post. Well thought out, insightful. Very impressive.

Historian
01-18-2006, 09:20 AM
This is starting to border on neurosis....

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I Fans in Buffalo are, for the most part, very knowledgable about football, but we're still just fans.
The fans know more about football than you give us credit for. Often times we can see things more objectively than those inside the circle.

We wanted Takeo.
We wanted Sam Adams.
We wanted Marvin Lewis.
We didn't want to let go of Pat Williams.
We were concerned about the hiring of TD, GW, and MM.

All those things turned out to be good foresight, going to show we know what we want.

And now we want Sherman.

You feelin' us Marv?

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2006, 09:28 AM
I wanted TD

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2006, 09:31 AM
I wanted TD
Then you need to be quiet.

Carlton Bailey
01-18-2006, 09:50 AM
I wanted TD

Everyone did back then.:philhouse

TacklingDummy
01-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Everyone did back then.:philhouse

Not everyone.

I was against it. I said he would ruin the Bills. And he did.

The fans wanted Flutie.
The fans didn't want Johnson.
The fans didn't want JP Losman in the 1st round.

The fans know more then most front office people know.

don137
01-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Marv has to be concerned about two things. Putting a good product on the field and putting people in the seats. How in the world will hiring Jauron help do either? At least hiring Sherman you get a proven winner and someone the fans want so it will help ticket sales.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 10:20 AM
I agree somewhat with Don. Ralph wilson has a TON to do in regards to this fanbase. Jauron won't sell tickets. In fact I wouldn't doubt there was a protest rally after jauron is hired outside OBD.

Look they need to wake up and understand the fans are much smarter and much more in touch with the workings of the NFL These days. Sherman is a WINNER. jauron is NOT!

If you want to sell this fanbase that you are doing 'Everything we can' to turn this thing around, you better hire sherman and we better hear by monday Bates is our DC. That is a HUGE start.

Other than Marv and Ralph 'Like' Jauron, he never should have even had an interview. if they were serious about this, it would have been Payton, Haslett and Sherman and a minority candidate and been done with it.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Wasn't it Marv who said, "If you start doing what the fans tell you, you'll probably end up sitting with them;" or words to that affect?

He can end up sitting with the fans a lot quicker if he doesn't, and the guy he hires despite what the fans have to say faulters.

Listening to the fans can have it's benefits - and this is one of those times IMO.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if we hire Jauron, nothing's changed.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Not everyone.
I was against it. I said he would ruin the Bills. And he did.
The fans wanted Flutie.
The fans didn't want Johnson.
The fans didn't want JP Losman in the 1st round.
The fans know more then most front office people know.

If you care about establishing any kind of credibility, prove to us that you didn't want TD.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Is there any chance this was inspired by me guys?

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 10:31 AM
He can end up sitting with the fans a lot quicker if he doesn't, and the guy he hires despite what the fans have to say faulters.

Listening to the fans can have it's benefits - and this is one of those times IMO.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if we hire Jauron, nothing's changed.

I will say this with 100% Seriousness....I would rather have Greg or Mike than Dick Jauron Period. jauron is that bad. He is rich Kotite the 2nd.

Jan Reimers
01-18-2006, 11:34 AM
I will say this with 100% Seriousness....I would rather have Greg or Mike than Dick Jauron Period. jauron is that bad. He is rich Kotite the 2nd.
I don't remember Kotite going 13-3 and being named Coach of the Year. Perhaps I missed it.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 11:38 AM
I don't remember Kotite going 13-3 and being named Coach of the Year. Perhaps I missed it.

What is that saying about the sun shining on a dogs butt? He got extremely lucky that year.

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2006, 11:39 AM
I will say this with 100% Seriousness....I would rather have Greg or Mike than Dick Jauron Period.
Me too.

But I'd rather have Jauron than Fat Wade though. :couch: