PDA

View Full Version : What is the penalty for not interviewing a minority?

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 10:41 AM
a 4th round pick right? If so, screw it. Hire sherman and surrender the pick, we have two 3rds anyway.

LMAO I bet ralph fights it and says 'Hey I interviewed gray....and told him he isn't a candidate....but I DID interview him' :limpclap:

Patrick76777
01-18-2006, 10:45 AM
a 4th round pick right? If so, screw it. Hire sherman and surrender the pick, we have two 3rds anyway.

LMAO I bet ralph fights it and says 'Hey I interviewed gray....and told him he isn't a candidate....but I DID interview him' :limpclap:

I just talked to my bro about this. He swears they interviewed Gray as soon as Mularky left. I don’t remember it, but he was adamant about it today.

Devin
01-18-2006, 10:52 AM
I hope your kidding. I wouldnt give up a fourth for this rule. Isnt that what KC gave up for Herm Edwards?

No thanks. Interview whoever you have to.

Patrick76777
01-18-2006, 10:53 AM
I hope your kidding. I wouldnt give up a fourth for this rule. Isnt that what KC gave up for Herm Edwards?

Rich, get down there adn go thru the motions!

Devin
01-18-2006, 10:54 AM
This isnt a year we can afford to give up draft picks.

Devin
01-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Rich, get down there adn go thru the motions!

:rofl:

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Rich should have been on the OL years ago LOL!

OpIv37
01-18-2006, 11:03 AM
It's not like there aren't enough out there- Cottrell, Shell, Rivera- just do the interview even if you're not serious about it. I'm sure they won't mind because it increases their value if it looks like teams are interested.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 11:08 AM
It's not like there aren't enough out there- Cottrell, Shell, Rivera- just do the interview even if you're not serious about it. I'm sure they won't mind because it increases their value if it looks like teams are interested.

Well then do it thursday and announce Sherman on Friday. Time to cut the crap

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2006, 11:33 AM

Speaking of which, did KC interview any other candidates before they hired Herm? Why isn't any white guy considered? Where's the reverse Rooney rule?

Jan Reimers
01-18-2006, 11:38 AM
You get the Hillary Clinton "Your team operates like a plantation, and you know what I'm talking about," award.

LtBillsFan66
01-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Hopefully it's 15 yards accessed on our first kickoff.

Patrick76777
01-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Speaking of which, did KC interview any other candidates before they hired Herm? Why isn't any white guy considered? Where's the reverse Rooney rule?
MM, you’re a minority! You can go down there.

Maybe Bobby April has Indian in him. That would work. We’ll catch them on a technicality.

OpIv37
01-18-2006, 12:35 PM

I'm so sick of being white- we white males always get the short end of the stick. The man is keeping us down.

Lexwhat
01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't know if there's any draft pick(s) that have to be given up.

The last (and only) time I remmeber someone getting fined for breaking this rule was Matt Millen for the Lions. Millen was fined $200,000.

"Apart from the Lions' matter, Commissioner Tagliabue informed NFL clubs at a league meeting in Philadelphia that future breaches of club commitments to interview minority candidates for the head coach position will be subject to fines of $500,000 or higher as "conduct detrimental" to the NFL."

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm so sick of being white- we white males always get the short end of the stick. The man is keeping us down.
LOL It's "The Establishment". :rofl:

helmetguy
01-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Penalty?

Wait'll Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton hear about this! I'm pretty sure Farrakan has a nastygram ready, too.

jdbillsfan
01-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Hopefully it's 15 yards accessed on our first kickoff.

That's funny.

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 06:26 PM
This is exactly why Affirmative Action does not work.

Say you're looking for some one to hire. You have the right idea of what you're looking for and could care less if that person is black, white or a she-male, just as long as the person has all the qualities you're persuing.

First candidate (white) - doesn't pan out

Second candidate (white) - turns out this is the guy you want.....but, you can't throw him an offer beacuse buy law you have to interview a minority.

This is where the hypocricy comes in. So now you tell the guy, "Off the record, you're the guy, but by law, I have to hold at least one more interview."

You let your primo guy go without getting his John Hancock on the dotted line. Wrong move. The next best offer comes along and you're F'd! He's gone.

What's even worse is that now you have to bring in a minority to interview because "the law" makes you do just that. Before the guy even comes you already have it in your mind that you're just going to get through the process of interviewing this guy as quickly and painfully as possible.

Now the LAW just created the racial deviance. The token minority.

gr8slayer
01-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I want to say that it is $500,000.

Dozerdog
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Who's to say they didn't talk to Grey at all to satisfy this rule?

Michael82
01-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Who's to say they didn't talk to Grey at all to satisfy this rule?
That's what I was thinking. They might have done a basic interview with him and then told him they arent interested. :idunno:

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 10:01 PM
They may have offered him an interview and he turned it down.

Bmax
01-19-2006, 12:25 AM

LoL...Man
I guess the trouble of moving to to NY from Mississippi just to get a job and the right to vote was a mild inconvenience for my grandfather....

Bmax

kgun12
01-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Channel 13 in Rochester said the Bills were going to interview James Lofton for HC Thrusday of Friday. This might explain why the will wait for Friday or Monday to have Shermans press conference.